+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Purported Google Maps App Pictures Show App in Alpha Stages

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I was fine with apple maps until I drove into San Francisco. At that time searching for any numbers pier would give an address on pier street in hunters point.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I was fine with apple maps until I drove into San Francisco. At that time searching for any numbers pier would give an address on pier street in hunters point. Lets just say that is not the place you want to send unsuspecting tourists. Zooming in and looking at the maps showed no pier numbers. I had to ask for directions twice. Big, stupid, oversight. They have fixed it now.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i'm in a different city every week (including EMEA) and rely heavily on the iOS5 maps app. everyone from work who's upgraded to iOS6 wants desperately to downgrade because of how poorly the new maps perform. they said accuracy is horrible, functionality is limited and only really works when you're outside major cities where accuracy isn't an issue. i've held off on upgrading and/or buying an iPhone 5 exactly for this reason.

i'm looking forward to seeing what google creates for a replacement.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'll use Google's when I need more detail at the street level. Otherwise, I'm happy with the speed and accuracy of Apple's maps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mvangogh View Post
    i'm in a different city every week (including EMEA) and rely heavily on the iOS5 maps app. everyone from work who's upgraded to iOS6 wants desperately to downgrade because of how poorly the new maps perform. they said accuracy is horrible, functionality is limited and only really works when you're outside major cities where accuracy isn't an issue. i've held off on upgrading and/or buying an iPhone 5 exactly for this reason.

Why don't they use MapQuest or the web version of Google Maps?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mvangogh View Post

I guess some have issues and some don't. I've been all over california and have not had a single issue. Times have been dead on. And turn by turn works better than Tom Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by nicrfe View Post
    I was fine with apple maps until I drove into San Francisco. At that time searching for any numbers pier would give an address on pier street in hunters point. Lets just say that is not the place you want to send unsuspecting tourists. Zooming in and looking at the maps showed no pier numbers. I had to ask for directions twice. Big, stupid, oversight. They have fixed it now.
    I'm not sure what issue your having
    Last edited by subywrex; 10-15-2012 at 01:42 PM.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 769 Posts

Please scale your screenshots before posting.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Please scale your screenshots before posting.
    Not sure what you mean. I can see it perfectly fine

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12