Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 Released (Big Update)

Default Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 Released (Big Update)

The iPhone Dev Team has been busy from the looks of things. Redsn0w has just been updated to version 0.9.15b1 and includes a hefty amount of new changes. The update includes major features for restoring to older iOS firmware that Apple isn’t signing anymore. Some of the major changes are outlined below via the iPhone Dev Team blog:

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone Dev Team Blog
    • restore from any 5.x iOS to any other (up, down or the same) 5.x iOS on all devices as long as you have the correct blobs (see more below)
    • Cydia now included in the tethered 6.0 jailbreak on A4 devices
    • automatically “Just Boot” tethered when qualifying A4 device connects in DFU mode
    • untethered 6.0 jailbreak on old-bootrom 3GS
    • untethered 6.0 hactivation on any 3GS or iPhone4
    • directly restore pre-A5 devices to earlier firmware — no more complicated 15-step how-to’s with stitching, iTunes errors, and “hosts file” concerns
    • fetch new signed blobs for any IPSW (present or future — no redsn0w update required) using Extras->SHSH Blobs->New
    • block the BB update for any 3GS or iPhone4 restore (past, present, or future — no redsn0w update required) using Extras->Even More->Restore
    • deactivate any iPhone, useful for testing your “official” unlock status through iTunes. (Please only deactivate your own iPhone!)
    • activation status shown on “Even more” page
    • significantly more (very nerdy) info returned by “Identify” button when device is in Normal mode
    • tethered jailbreak of ATV2 supported (but the only thing available for it is the SSH2 custom bundle available here — no Cydia yet. Must use “Select IPSW” for tethered boot of ATV2 for now).
    • auto-exit WTF mode for older devices with broken buttons
    • any time a set of blobs is fetched remotely (from Apple or Cydia), redsn0w also saves them locally (and will check there first if you click “Local”)
    • for your future restoring convenience, you should also submit all of your past and present TinyUmbrella blobs to Cydia if you haven’t done so yet. Resubmitting is okay and won’t cause conflicts.
    The iPhone Dev Team includes even more information about the update that we will summarize in short for you below (alternatively, you can view the whole post here):
    • Restore A5 and newer devices from iOS 5 to any iOS 5 firmware you have SHSH blobs saved for
    • You cannot restore to older iOS 5 firmwares if you used OTA updating to install a new iOS update
    • Redsn0w won't be able to prevent baseband updates of A5 and newer devices
    • iPad 2 users can use iOS 4 SHSH blobs for restoring to iOS 5 (if you have iOS 4 and iOS 5 SHSH blobs saved) even when on a newer firmware such as iOS 6

One of the important parts of the update is that redsn0w 0.9.15b1 now installs Cydia on the tethered jailbreak for A4 devices. With the previous version of redsn0w that was used for jailbreaking iOS 6 on A4 and older devices, users would only get an SSH tool, since Cydia was not installed. It was possible to install Cydia manually using a command line interface such as Terminal. The jailbreak continues to be untethered for old-bootrom iPhone 3GS users.

The iPhone Dev Team also makes note that ultrasn0w is not yet ready for iOS 6. That being said, you will probably want to stay away from iOS 6 for now if you rely on ultrasn0w. Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 will not jailbreak your iPhone 5 or iPod touch 5G and it will not jailbreak any iPhone 4S, iPad 2, or third generation iPad running iOS 6 either. The latest untethered jailbreak remains at iOS 5.1.1.

There are a lot of changes in this new version of redsn0w to absorb into your brain at once, but everything is generally straightforward. The updated redsn0w is available for both Mac OS X and Windows – the download links are included below:

Get downloading!

Sources: iPhone Dev Team Blog
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-14-2012 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Baitcaster (10-15-2012), blkcadi (10-14-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it possible to downgrade an iPod Touch 5 to iOS 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin9001 View Post
    No its not as the 5th generation never had a build for IOS 5
    Devices
    iPod Touch 8gb 2nd Gen jailbroken 4.2.1
    iPhone 3GS 8gb new boot rom jailbroken 5.1.1
    iPhone 4S 16gb Stock 5.1.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No it's not, since the new touches have a different processor. I believe that's how it works anyway

Thanks

I don't think so as it never supported iOS 5. It was originally shipped with ios 6 so therefore you cannot go to ios 5 because there is no .ipsw file made for the iPod touch 5 on ios 5.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

Just tried it on 3gs old bootrom and there isn't any Cydia. Rebooted twice still no Cydia and Safari stops working.
    Last edited by iYeow; 10-14-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Does this mean that I can downgrade my iPhone 4S on iOS 6.0 back to iOS5?

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Just tried it on 3gs old bootrom and there isn't any Cydia. Rebooted twice still no Cydia.
    I think it's only for A4 devices with the tethered jailbreak (the iPhone Dev Team Blog says A4 devices, but makes no mention of older ones).
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-14-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Yeah Anthony, but in the article it states:
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    [*]Restore A5 and newer devices to any iOS 5 firmware you have SHSH blobs saved for[*]You cannot restore to older iOS 5 firmwares if you used OTA updating to install a new iOS update
    So when I get home I'm gonna update to the latest Redsn0w and see what it says.

Quote Originally Posted by hiljacksandwich View Post

I was speaking to iYeow. I am sorry, but I don't have an answer for your question.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,049 Times in 6,139 Posts

The iPhone Dev Team so rocks, great news.

Well Anthony I'm home now, Imma find my laptop and check it out. I'll post results.

Thanks for writing the article.

I was fortunate to get me Original iPad 2 back to 5.1.1 from 6.0. thank god I had all of the blobs.

Great job devs!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Yes gotta love them

Does this mean that I can downgrade my iPhone 4S on iOS 6.0 back to iOS5?
    Nope. Just tried to verify-can only restore to iOS 5 if currently on iOS 5 or lower(with SHSH blobs saved of course)

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I concur.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's the verbose boot and WTF mode .. And which iOS devices do they support??

Well Anthony I'm home now, Imma find my laptop and check it out. I'll post results.
    If it works plzzzzz post the results. I lost my blobs for the 4s an had no choice but update.

Quote Originally Posted by primalscream.40 View Post
    If it works plzzzzz post the results. I lost my blobs for the 4s an had no choice but update.
    Without Blobs you can't do anything.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saifgani View Post
    What's the verbose boot and WTF mode .. And which iOS devices do they support??
    Verbose mode is where it tells you what happening when booting instead of the apple logo. I'm unsure about wtf mode and the devices. Although I'm pretty sure it supports all

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast