+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 Released (Big Update)

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Did you try the link I posted or search YouTube instead?
    Thanks

Did you try the link I posted or search YouTube instead?

D0D
    Thanks

Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 Released (Big Update)-image.jpg

SBSettings, Activator and Pandora Skips are tweaks that are working on iOS 6 that I have used so far. Will post more as i try them.

D0D

Thanks
    Thanked 8,983 Times in 4,506 Posts

Shouldn't tweaks that are working in ios6 be in their own thread? Just asking.. :-)
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-16-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,004 Times in 912 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Shouldn't tweaks that are working in ios6 be I'm their own thread? Just asking.. :-)
    +1
    This thread is about Redsn0w...

D0D
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    +1
    This thread is about Redsn0w...
    In one of the replies on here there was a question about tweaks working and I attempted to answer his question. Sorry maybe there should be a thread about what tweaks work on iOS 6.

D0D

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D0D View Post
    In one of the replies on here there was a question about tweaks working and I attempted to answer his question. Sorry maybe there should be a thread about what tweaks work on iOS 6.

D0D
    No worries. But please start one. It's a very important thread to have going. :-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I didn't say they all didn't work, just that very few work. Most jailbreak developers are hardly focusing on iOS 6 development right now because they know the public doesn't want a tethered jailbreak, or don't use an A4 and older device anymore.
    Sorry wrong again. I never did the tethered before, but would love to have a tethered jb on my iPhone 5

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D0D View Post

D0D
    We know and we're grateful for the help! I agree w/ Destiny on u starting a thread for compatible tweax on iOS 6 cuz it'll make it easier for those searching the web. Thanx!

Thanks

Is it possible to restore my 4S from 5.1.1 back to 5.1.1? I just want a quick and easy way to wipe my memory as it's pretty full and I only have a 16gb model...

Thanks
    Thanked 15,183 Times in 6,970 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aidanharris View Post
    Is it possible to restore my 4S from 5.1.1 back to 5.1.1? I just want a quick and easy way to wipe my memory as it's pretty full and I only have a 16gb model...
    If you have the required SHSH then yes.

Thanks

See Dev-Team Blog
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    If you have the required SHSH then yes.
    Hmm. This is NOT my understanding. How are you sure of this, Simon? I've read the DevBlog and any restore of a 4S would send people to iOS6 via iTunes. I've been living in fear of an accidental crash of my phone that would automatically send me to iOS6 on a restore. What tool would you use to 'erase your4S' and get 5.1.1 back?

Thanks

Hmm. This is NOT my understanding. How are you sure of this, Simon? I've read the DevBlog and any restore of a 4S would send people to iOS6 via iTunes. I've been living in fear of an accidental crash of my phone that would automatically send me to iOS6 on a restore. What tool would you use to 'erase your4S' and get 5.1.1 back?
    Umm, have you read the first post of this thread? And/or the dev team blog? It clearly states it there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Umm, have you read the first post of this thread? And/or the dev team blog? It clearly states it there.
    I sure have. And it's really confusing. If you can restore a 4S from 5.1.1 back to 5.1.1 (for memory cleaning) via RedSnow then why wouldn't it work from an accidental upgrade to 6 on a 4S back to 5.1.1 (assuming you have 5.1.1 SHSH blobs saved)? (I understand why it wouldn't work from a factory install ios6 back to 5.1.1). But a restore is a restore. Please enlighten me.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

I sure have. And it's really confusing. If you can restore a 4S from 5.1.1 back to 5.1.1 (for memory cleaning) via RedSnow then why wouldn't it work from an accidental upgrade to 6 on a 4S back to 5.1.1 (assuming you have 5.1.1 SHSH blobs saved)? (I understand why it wouldn't work from a factory install ios6 back to 5.1.1). But a restore is a restore. Please enlighten me.
    It could be due to the stock 6.0 ramdisk is different from the 5.1.1 jailbroken ramdisk. If your 4s is jailbroken at 5.1.1 and you have the blob, you can restore to 5.1.1 again using redsn0w.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    It could be due to the stock 6.0 ramdisk is different from the 5.1.1 jailbroken ramdisk. If your 4s is jailbroken at 5.1.1 and you have the blob, you can restore to 5.1.1 again using redsn0w.
    +1
    The re-restore is really the only reason why this update is significant

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's not doable on iPhone 4S. I have blobs for both 5.0.1, 5.1.1 and did not use OTA upgrade previously. I'm currently on 5.1.1. Tried re-restore to 5.1.1 & even downgrade to 5.0.1 with both windows and Mac but had not been successful!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sycamore22 View Post
    It's not doable on iPhone 4S. I have blobs for both 5.0.1, 5.1.1 and did not use OTA upgrade previously. I'm currently on 5.1.1. Tried re-restore to 5.1.1 & even downgrade to 5.0.1 with both windows and Mac but had not been successful!
    Just because you weren't able to does not mean it cannot be done. Re-restoring to 5.1.1 or 5.0.1 for A5 devices is one of the biggest reasons for this update.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    AFAIK, there's a bug in 5.x stock restore ramdisks that affected how nonces are handled. I know the bug used to require restoring to the most recent firmware version and then daisy-chaining the downgrade firmware from there, but now that iOS 6 has patched that vulnerability, I don't know exactly how the re-restore process works (maybe it harnesses a restore ramdisk already in place on the NAND)? Ask @Musclenerd on Twitter for more detail.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

Simon (10-16-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I could really use some help guys !! I still cannot get this to work on my iphone 3gs old bootrom ! Im consistently getting exploit failed after I enter DFU mode. Any ideas ???
    Its A Jeep Thing