Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 Released (Big Update)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    BTW, I've heard from another member they used Absinthe to re-jailbreak for getting Cydia back!
    On 5.1.1 Absinthe is the better way to jailbreak. I always had problems with RedSn0w and 5.1.1 but Absinthe jailbreaks without any problems.

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Just a quick question.

Can you use somebody else's blobs on your PC ? Surly it's just a matter of altering the text isn't it ?

Can somebody please post a iPad 2 Blob for 4.*.* as I want to try something out.

My iPad I had to upgrade to 6.0 as stuck on Aplple logo for days, so had no choice. But with this release you can go down to 5.1.1 if you have blobs saved for 5.1.1 AND 4.*.* but I only have 5.1.1 so I want to try sending a saved Blob with Redsn0w and then try and down grade.

So please help me out with a blob for iPad 2 4.*.* and let's see if I can have a play and get it to work.

Or do you think the blobs stitched Into a CF might work. Well if somebody helps me out I will give it a go and let you know

Thanks
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

Thanks
    Thanked 3,212 Times in 1,372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Just a quick question.

Can you use somebody else's blobs on your PC ? Surly it's just a matter of altering the text isn't it ?

Can somebody please post a iPad 2 Blob for 4.*.* as I want to try something out.

My iPad I had to upgrade to 6.0 as stuck on Aplple logo for days, so had no choice. But with this release you can go down to 5.1.1 if you have blobs saved for 5.1.1 AND 4.*.* but I only have 5.1.1 so I want to try sending a saved Blob with Redsn0w and then try and down grade.

So please help me out with a blob for iPad 2 4.*.* and let's see if I can have a play and get it to work.

Or do you think the blobs stitched Into a CF might work. Well if somebody helps me out I will give it a go and let you know

Thanks
    Sorry to burst ur bubble but each blob is device specific. It isn't about just changing a few lines of text and it'll work. This has been tried several times before...

great job iPhone DEV!

will surely try a re-restore on my 4s on 5.1.1 when i get a chance

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey do the main tweaks now work since this A4 iOS 6 jailbreak went public (meaning will sbsettings cydelete work?) I don't see the point in a tethered jailbreak otherwise . Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    great job iPhone DEV!

will surely try a re-restore on my 4s on 5.1.1 when i get a chance
    Don't! I can't believe this... I was waiting very eagerly for this release and at the moment of the release I downloaded and tried it.. First it said that my iPhone was restored using OTA (which I am sure 100% is NOT true) and then 3 times in a row when I try the restore function again I get "You may have guessed the current fw incorrectly (which is NOT true as well I am indeed on 5.1.10 and it may not really be the iPhone 4S 5.1.1 fw (which is NOT true again because I downloaded it from redmondpie which had the official Apple links).

SO STAY AWAY FELLOW JAILBREAKERS It is very buggy and you might end up losing your jailbreak like me..

The dev team has failed me hard this time I now am stuck on iOS6 for an unknown amount of time :/
    Last edited by fatmono; 10-15-2012 at 03:25 AM.

Do you have your blobs? Ask on the blog and I'm sure we can help.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Just a quick question.

Thanks
    Did you ever have the iPad jailbroken on IOS4? If so use TinyUmbrella to get the blobs.

This version of RedSn0w is buggy really bad so use other means to get the blobs or do things. Just use RedSn0w to restore/downgrade. Everything else use other programs or older versions of RedSn0w.

Quote Originally Posted by fatmono View Post
    Don't! I can't believe this... I was waiting very eagerly for this release and at the moment of the release I downloaded and tried it.. First it said that my iPhone was restored using OTA (which I am sure 100% is NOT true) and then 3 times in a row when I try the restore function again I get "You may have guessed the current fw incorrectly (which is NOT true as well I am indeed on 5.1.10 and it may not really be the iPhone 4S 5.1.1 fw (which is NOT true again because I downloaded it from redmondpie which had the official Apple links).

SO STAY AWAY FELLOW JAILBREAKERS It is very buggy and you might end up losing your jailbreak like me..

The dev team has failed me hard this time I now am stuck on iOS6 for an unknown amount of time :/
    Yea, this version is buggy as hell. But instead of giving up so soon have a read and try again.
    When you click restore it asks if its on 5.1.1, if not press NO and it'll ask another thing then press YES. That should get you past the "not 5.1.1." error.
    IF its the iPhone 4S and IOS6 then your SOL as it CANT be downgraded. It's the same as the iPad3.

And there are multiple firmwares for each device. I didn't realise till I had to restore my iPad3 and I downloaded the firmware I thought was right iPad3.2 but I didn't realise I have a iPad3.3. So make sure the firmware is the one matching the device. The easiest way is to let iTunes download the update but dont let it install. Tell it to update then disconnect the iDevice. That way you will download the correct firmware. If you want a previous firmware look at the start. It'll say something like iPhone4.2 or some crap like that, then just get the firmware version of that.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 10-15-2012 at 05:59 AM.

I was able to jailbreak using the ipad baseband. This has allowed me to perfomr a carrier unlock. I was wondering if I could use a saved SHSH (tiny umbrella) from a previous iphone and downgrade with redsnow, if so how does one do that?

B
    Quote Originally Posted by nderosa View Post
    I was able to jailbreak using the ipad baseband. This has allowed me to perfomr a carrier unlock. I was wondering if I could use a saved SHSH (tiny umbrella) from a previous iphone and downgrade with redsnow, if so how does one do that?
    See Dev-Team Blog - Baseband Freedom
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Colwood View Post
    Hey do the main tweaks now work since this A4 iOS 6 jailbreak went public (meaning will sbsettings cydelete work?) I don't see the point in a tethered jailbreak otherwise . Thanks
    No, most tweaks aren't iOS 6 compatible yet. Very few are.

I have my SHSH blobs saved for the iPad 2 . Can I downgrade it ? Also can I get the iPad 2 in Pwned DFU ?

Quote Originally Posted by LTechTalk View Post
    I have my SHSH blobs saved for the iPad 2 . Can I downgrade it ?
    Read the article.
    Last edited by LastSonOfKrypton; 10-15-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie
    Yea, this version is buggy as hell. But instead of giving up so soon have a read and try again.
    When you click restore it asks if its on 5.1.1, if not press NO and it'll ask another thing then press YES. That should get you past the "not 5.1.1." error.
    IF its the iPhone 4S and IOS6 then your SOL as it CANT be downgraded. It's the same as the iPad3.

And there are multiple firmwares for each device. I didn't realise till I had to restore my iPad3 and I downloaded the firmware I thought was right iPad3.2 but I didn't realise I have a iPad3.3. So make sure the firmware is the one matching the device. The easiest way is to let iTunes download the update but dont let it install. Tell it to update then disconnect the iDevice. That way you will download the correct firmware. If you want a previous firmware look at the start. It'll say something like iPhone4.2 or some crap like that, then just get the firmware version of that.
    Well the iPhone is my primary phone and I had no time for who knows how long Q/A session.. Unfortunately I have already restored it and I am stuck to iOS6

Great work, as always, MuscleNerd & co. Many thanks :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Colwood View Post
    I have updated my iPhone 4 to ios 6 and jailboke it with this redsnow release and I have loaded a theme into I have been working on and the icons as well as the auto skinning of the istore icons works. I have the clock and notes skinned as well. Iconoclasm is a bit off as using the 4x3 with no top centers the icons with a space on the top and the bottom as though there are actually 5 rows of icons. Sbsettings seems to work. I do not know about cydelete.

D0D

I am having trouble getting this to work on my iphone 3gs ! when I put the phone in DFU mode it says exploit failed. Im not sure why ! has anyone had this problem ? or know how to fix it ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP15 View Post
    I am having trouble getting this to work on my iphone 3gs ! when I put the phone in DFU mode it says exploit failed. Im not sure why ! has anyone had this problem ? or know how to fix it ?
    Are you using Pwned DFU mode ?

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Are you using Pwned DFU mode ?
    Im going through the steps that redsnow gives you ! so I believe it is PWND DFU ! I have tried multiple times and it just gives exploit failed.
    Its A Jeep Thing

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast