Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 Released (Big Update)

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I like what I'm reading. Correct me if I'm wrong but I've never seen a RedSnow release with this many capabilities woohoo!!

RedSn0w gets better with every release. MN sees to that.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Installed on iPhone 4. 3 Reboots with "Just boot now" no Cydia.

Are you sure? Have you searched for it? What iOS?

I have stitched blobs for my iPhone 4 to downgrade to 5.0.1. It's currently running 6.0.

When I tried to downgrade using the stitched blobs, pwned DFU mode, and iTunes I kept getting error 21. This is the only way I could get my phone out of DFU mode is to install 6.0. Would this redsn0w update help me at all in this regard?

BTW, I've ALWAYS had issues with upgrading and installing iOS with my macbook pro. I'm thinking it may just be my computer.

My 3gs is JB but I have the baseboard 05.16.05. will this update allow me to perform a carrier unlock?

I have saved SHSH in tinyumbrella from another phone but dont know how to integread them. Please help!?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I think it's only for A4 devices with the tethered jailbreak (the iPhone Dev Team Blog says A4 devices, but makes no mention of older ones).
    What about this statement " untethered 6.0 jailbreak on old-bootrom 3GS "
    One thing for sure, downgrading or restoring is a breeze with this redsn0w, doesn't need itunes.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nderosa View Post
    My 3gs is JB but I have the baseboard 05.16.05. will this update allow me to perform a carrier unlock?

I have saved SHSH in tinyumbrella from another phone but dont know how to integread them. Please help!?
    This redsn0w will preserve or update your baseband if you are using the restore function. In order to unlock, you need to update to ipad bb first and then downgrade it back to 05.13.xx.

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    I have stitched blobs for my iPhone 4 to downgrade to 5.0.1. It's currently running 6.0.

When I tried to downgrade using the stitched blobs, pwned DFU mode, and iTunes I kept getting error 21. This is the only way I could get my phone out of DFU mode is to install 6.0. Would this redsn0w update help me at all in this regard?

BTW, I've ALWAYS had issues with upgrading and installing iOS with my macbook pro. I'm thinking it may just be my computer.
    Yes, this redsn0w does a good job of downgrading from 6.0 to 5.1.1. What you need is to download 5.1.1 firmware and you must have your 5.1.1 blob saved with cydia.
    Next is to select restore button and choose your 5.1.1 firmware and select Remote for blobs and let redsn0w do its job. Once done you have successfully downgraded to 5.1.1.
    Last edited by iYeow; 10-14-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Default thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    One thing for sure, downgrading or restoring is a breeze with this redsn0w, doesn't need itunes.
    Thanks

This redsn0w will preserve or update your baseband if you are using the restore function. In order to unlock, you need to update to ipad bb first and then downgrade it back to 05.13.xx.
    "how do I downgrade back to 5.13? once I install the ipad base band (which I am assumning i just select in the redsnow options)

your help is much appreciated."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spoooner View Post
    Installed on iPhone 4. 3 Reboots with "Just boot now" no Cydia.
    Ya, it seems that Cydia doesn't get installed. Maybe the next beta version fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by nderosa View Post
    "how do I downgrade back to 5.13? once I install the ipad base band (which I am assumning i just select in the redsnow options)

your help is much appreciated."
    Might be easier for you to downgrade your ipad bb to 05.13.xx using Redsn0w 09.14b2. If you are thinking of unlocking with ultrasn0w and have not used ipad bb, make sure your serial number is not week 29 of 2011 or later because you can brick your iphone.
    Last edited by iYeow; 10-14-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Thanks
    There is an untethered jailbreak for the old-bootrom iPhone 3GS running iOS 6, but the auto-installation of Cydia may not be supported for this device.

The iPhone Dev Team blog makes it known that "A4" devices do have Cydia auto-installed.

-Restore A5 and newer devices to any iOS 5 firmware you have SHSH blobs saved for
    umm False? iPhone 4S currently on 6.0 i have saved SHSH blobs for 5.1.1 and it wont let you restore to 5.1.1.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Once iPhone 4S or ipad3 goes to 6.0 they can't downgrade

Awesome, once my tweaks are ready for ios 6, even if i have to use tethered, i'll update to do some test driving, i'm changing my iphone 4 to 5 when the time comesso i'll probably leave it on 5.1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by master_va View Post
    umm False? iPhone 4S currently on 6.0 i have saved SHSH blobs for 5.1.1 and it wont let you restore to 5.1.1.
    The Redsn0w article is confusing. It clearly says you can downgrade "A5" devices from 6 back to 5.1.1. The 4S and iPad 3 are the only A5 devices. So the article is speaking lies to us. No A5 device is downgradable from 6.0 to 5.1.1 with or without BLOBS.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by primalscream.40 View Post
    If it works plzzzzz post the results. I lost my blobs for the 4s an had no choice but update.
    If ur blobs saved to Cydia, then redsn0w or TinyUmbrella should be able to retrieve them for you...

Correct me if I'm wrong guys & gals

Banned
    Thanks

Restore A5 and newer devices to any iOS 5 firmware you have SHSH blobs saved for
    NO YOU CANT. If your on IOS5 then you can stay on IOS5 but if you got the SHSH saved and your on IOS6 then you CANT downgrade to IOS5.

Also this version of RedSn0w REFUSES to do anything with the iPad3. I cant stitch SHSH into the firmware IPSW, I cant restore the stitched firmware, I cant do just about anything. It wont even let you jailbreak with IOS5.1.1 It just refuses to do anything with an iPad3.

Older versions of RedSn0w DID let you do things, I can do all the above with an older version but NOT with this new version.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,076 Posts

BTW, I've heard from another member they used Absinthe to re-jailbreak for getting Cydia back!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    I was fortunate to get me Original iPad 2 back to 5.1.1 from 6.0. thank god I had all of the blobs.
    I have my SHSH saved but when I tried to downgrade it says the signing is closed so it wont downgrade. I'm guessing for some reason thats why the iPad3 wont downgrade. I have my SHSH saved and a 5.11 with SHSH stitched and cant get it to downgrade at all.

WHY were we even told to stitch SHSH into the IPSW? I cant get that file to install at all. Even when I was still on 5.1.1 iTunes said it was corrupt and didn't like it. I've made the file a few times with the same size and it still wont restore or install that stitched 5.1.1 firmware.

Isn't there a way around the signing APticket thing? Thats the only thing stopping me from downgrading the iPad3. I have the firmware, I have the SHSH blobs saved.

A5 devices can downgrade (or upgrade) from one iOS 5 firmware to another iOS 5 firmware as long as you have SHSH blobs saved.

The iPad 2 is the only A5 device that can downgrade from iOS 6 to iOS 5, but it requires both iOS 4 and iOS 5 blobs saved.

If you have updated using OTA... then you can't use SHSH blobs to restore to the firmware you're currently on thanks to OTA. OTA breaks this.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone Dev Team Blog
    • the tickets saved by Cydia, redsn0w, and TinyUmbrella do not cover OTA update ramdisk images
    • even if they did, it’s the “wrong kind” of ramdisk (you’d need to start at that earlier pre-OTA FW)
    • devices fresh from factory or refurb may fall in the “does not qualify” category (your results will vary)
    • it’s okay if you previously got to 5.x via an OTA update, as long as your current 5.x was installed via a normal iTunes restore. All that matters is how you got to your current 5.x most recently
    • redsn0w detects an OTA/normal-restore APticket mismatch very early, so if you don’t know your status there should be no harm in trying. Any device in recovery mode after such a mismatch can boot normally again just by going back to “Even More” screen from the “Restore” screen (or use “Recovery Fix” if you quit redsn0w before doing that).
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-14-2012 at 08:27 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast