Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Set Custom Banner Borders With 'BannerBorders'

Default Set Custom Banner Borders With 'BannerBorders'

Letís face it. Appleís banner notifications are gorgeously implemented, but they need some customization for those people out there that like colors in their lives. A new free jailbreak tweak dubbed BannerBorders by iOS developer Sirifl0w gives you a ton of options for setting your own banner borders on the banner notifications and work for all banner notifications no matter what application is notifying you.

The tweak does several things, but we will start by telling you that you can choose the color of the banner border. Shown above are three color examples. The tweak actually comes with 12 total colors, all of which are pre-set for you. The colors you have to choose from include:

• Red
    • Blue
    • Green
    • Black
    • Purple
    • Orange
    • Yellow
    • Pink
    • Brown
    • Cyan
    • Dark Linen
    • Light Linen

The tweak also gives you the ability to select the thickness of the banner border. Examples are shown above. The thickness lets you show as much or as little color as you want to. Minimalists will probably prefer the much thinner strokes, while customization addicts will probably prefer the heavier strokes of color. You can choose between all of the following thicknesses:

• No border
    • Thinner
    • Thin
    • Medium
    • Thick
    • Thicker

BannerBorders will also allow you to adjust the roundness of the banner border corners. Depending on your tastes, you may want the banners to be squarer, or you may want them to be more stock looking. The tweak comes with the following roundness options:

• None (square)
    • Slightly Round
    • More Round

Shown above are all of the preferences we outlined. From the main preferences pane, you can enable the roundness feature or disable it on demand. If you disable it, banners will always have a square border. You can also enable or disable the Surprise Mode! feature. This feature will surprise you with a different color each time. It may be necessary for you to enable and disable this feature when you start using the tweak, as the feature seems enabled even though the feature is turned off by default when you install the tweak. Disabling it appears to completely stop Surprise Mode!.

The developer recommends that you install a secondary tweak called TestBanner, which will allow you to use an Activator action to invoke a fake banner notification. This will allow you to test your banner border settings to see if you like them. Luckily, there is no need to respring each time you adjust your options, so this TestBanner tweak makes everything speedy and handy without having to ask people to send you messages to see what the banners are going to look like.

If youíre into iOS customization, this BannerBorders tweak is definitely worth the install. You canít beat the free price tag and the ability to make your iPhone do something your friendís iPhone canít. Be sure to check it out and let us know how you like it!

Name: BannerBorders
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 5
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: Sirifl0w
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Hey Anthony, have you noticed low interest in these new Cydia tweaks since the introduction of iPhone 5 & iOS6? Just wondering since there is no JB for them yet.

This actually looks good for banners

Thanks
    Thanked 2,877 Times in 1,245 Posts

StatusBulletin is still the best...hands down!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    StatusBulletin is still the best...hands down!!!
    Doesn't that just put the banner in you're status bar?
    This one changes the appearances.

mod edit/quoted post removed.

You mean thats not a normal thing? I thought we all did that. Oh well adds new meaning to ill show you mine if you show me yours.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 10-13-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    mod edit/quoted post removed.

You mean thats not a normal thing? I thought we all did that. Oh well adds new meaning to ill show you mine if you show me yours.
    lol!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,877 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dannyrocket View Post
    Doesn't that just put the banner in you're status bar?
    This one changes the appearances.
    You are correct!
    -
    -
    ...and it's the BEST! IMO