+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 Web Traffic Already Higher Than Samsung Galaxy S III

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The iPhone 5 has only been in the hands of consumers for approximately three weeks and already it appears that the iPhone 5 accounts for more Web traffic than the
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 5 Web Traffic Already Higher Than Samsung Galaxy S III

The iPhone 5 has only been in the hands of consumers for approximately three weeks and already it appears that the iPhone 5 accounts for more Web traffic than the Samsung Galaxy S III, which has been out for several months.

The numbers come from Chitika. The firm compared the statistics of iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S III users against each other, using mobile ad services. The testing lasted for seven days from October 3rd to October 9th.

The findings show that out of the masses of people using iPhone 5 handsets and Samsung Galaxy S III handsets, more iPhone 5 handsets were using the Web. Compared with each other and not including any figures relating to non-iPhone 5 and non-Samsung Galaxy S III mobile devices, 56% of the devices used were iPhone 5 handsets and only 44% of the devices used were Samsung Galaxy S III handsets.

For the amount of time that the Samsung Galaxy S III has been on the market and considering that the device has sold more units than the iPhone 5 has due to the relatively limited initial supply of Apple's new smartphone, these numbers are incredibly surprising.

The numbers show that iOS users must really enjoy using the Web.

Sources: Chitika via MacRumors
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-12-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Thanks

Great more proof as to why it's the best smart phone on earth. Cue the naked fairy

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Suck it Samsuck.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah Samdung!!! Ok out of my system now

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Venom1234 View Post
    Suck it Samsuck.
    why not just samsuckit!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I do have to agree that "iPhone 5! because you got more money than sense" but apple products are truly the best regardless of how much **** Android market talks on the media

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Wonder if their statistics are based on the user agent strings. I never use the built in browser, preferring Chrome and Firefox. I believe the built in browser sends the phone model in the user agent but Chrome and Firefox do not. chrome and Android identify only the Android OS info.

Quote Originally Posted by justinpotter81 View Post
    Great more proof as to why it's the best smart phone on earth. Cue the naked fairy
    It's far from the best smart phone on earth. It MAY be the best one for you. Apple needs to borrow the caveman from Geico and start a new ad campaign "So simple a caveman can use it".
    Last edited by Tperry; 10-13-2012 at 08:06 AM.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    Wonder if their statistics are based on the user agent strings. I never use the built in browser, preferring Chrome and Firefox. I believe the built in browser sends the phone model in the user agent but Chrome and Firefox do not. chrome and Android identify only the Android OS info.

It's far from the best smart phone on earth. It MAY be the best one for you. Apple needs to borrow the caveman from Geico and start a new ad campaign "So simple a caveman can use it".
    Yeah... Complex is better..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yup the fat lady has Samsung.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,348 Times in 4,249 Posts

{iPhone 5}
    It's far from the best smart phone on earth.
    This statement of course needs backing. But you won't provide any because you prefer posturing than dealing in facts and feature for feature comparisons. In every measurable test done by reputable firms that do this type of testing - Apple's iProducts have come out on top since iPhone 2G. If you believe otherwise.. please prove it.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    This statement of course needs backing. But you won't provide any because you prefer posturing than dealing in facts and feature for feature comparisons. In every measurable test done by reputable firms that do this type of testing - Apple's iProducts have come out on top since iPhone 2G. If you believe otherwise.. please prove it.
    +1

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 720 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Googly2moogly View Post
    I do have to agree that "iPhone 5! because you got more money than sense" but apple products are truly the best regardless of how much **** Android market talks on the media
    Agreed. It's not only a simple device. But it just works and does it the best way for you

Thanks

"using mobile ad services. The testing lasted for seven days from October 3rd to October 9th."

mobile ad services? testing for 7 days? is this a joke? it certainly appears this firm has no business doing numerical comparisons.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Of course the iPhone 5 would be higher!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Dang I will be glad when the mobile app is I5/IOS 6 friendly.

Is that why a well known consumer testing group would not give the iPhone a best buy designation recently?

I'm far from a fanboi of either. Hell, I recently started a forum that deals with the Apple products. Don't believe me feel free to google Apple4Me.net. I really like my Mini, it really surprised me from the last Mac laptop I owned several years ago.

You failed to include the caveat in there. If the unit doesn't meet your needs then FOR YOU, it is not the best phone on earth. For me the fail is the small screen, the non replaceable battery, the inability to run widgets or live wallpapers, the fact that you can't use SwiftKey or Swype keyboard, the reliance on iTunes, the current poor state of the Maps navigation (dang thing screwed up AGAIN in Dallas where Google Maps on the S3 did not), the lack of SVDO on Verizon. The iPhone + is the battery life and screen visibility outdoors in bright light, the better cell radio. I have both (do you?) and don't think either one of them are the "best" phone on earth. They both have their warts. If you can't admit that then the term fanboi is deserved. I like, and use them both regularly but will not claim either as the best on earth as that is entirely subjective, as again I emphasize what may be best for you may not be for me.
    Last edited by Tperry; 10-13-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Thanks

+1
    Also if you wanna talk about holding value between the two, go check craigslist.com or ebay. Hell, Apple will give you more money in trade in credit for your iPhone than you could sell a Samsung phone for. I don't remember the last time I payed for a new iPhone, selling my old one always paid for the new phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,348 Times in 4,249 Posts

Dang I will be glad when the mobile app is I5/IOS 6 friendly.

Is that why a well known consumer testing group would not give the iPhone a best buy designation recently?

I'm far from a fanboi of either. Hell, I recently started a forum that deals with the Apple products. Don't believe me feel free to google Apple4Me.net. I really like my Mini, it really surprised me from the last Mac laptop I owned several years ago.

You failed to include the caveat in there. If the unit doesn't meet your needs then FOR YOU, it is not the best phone on earth. For me the fail is the small screen, the non replaceable battery, the inability to run widgets or live wallpapers, the fact that you can't use SwiftKey or Swype keyboard, the reliance on iTunes, the current poor state of the Maps navigation (dang thing screwed up AGAIN in Dallas where Google Maps on the S3 did not), the lack of SVDO on Verizon. The iPhone + is the battery life and screen visibility outdoors in bright light, the better cell radio. I have both (do you?) and don't think either one of them are the "best" phone on earth. They both have their warts. If you can't admit that then the term fanboy is deserved. I like, and use them both regularly but will not claim either as the best on earth as that is entirely subjective, as again I emphasize what may be best for you may not be for me.
    I think it's clear what the context was with the poster I was responding to. The distinction you're making is between 'feature set' and 'individual feature design implementation'. The question in these debates rarely is 'ever' about 'feature set that works best for an individual'. (Yes - I have both phones. ). If what you are referring to is feature set - then, yes, a certain set of features may 'be more suited' for this or that individual.

But the point I was making is in the 3rd party 'feature for feature' comparisons that have been done in many studies. It's in THAT arena that Apple wins - every time. The only exception, 'barely', being in battery life on the 4S (not enough data on the 5 yet). Even there - Apple wins compared to several Android companies given the same general feature set and usage. But 'feature by feature' direct comparison - even my S3 doesn't win. And the whole thing gets very clear for me - when I compare 'up time' of the two systems. There is far greater instability in Android than in iOS - as shown again and again in study after study.

I will admit the Android open architecture (convenient - no jailbreak needed) and widget tools available, even without rooting the phone, is pretty impressive as is the large screen of an S3 and a couple others. And when you first play around with it for a while, watching a video or two or playing with some desktop themeing, you get the sense you're on a cool phone (S3) -- but as soon and you try to 'push it'.. it quickly becomes a 'toy' for me. And Android OS, IMHO, isn't as intuitive a GUI as iOS. I'm not alone.. LOL!! But I acknowledge that's a subjective statement. But on the objective measurable, feature by feature comparisons - S3 doesn't even come close to iP5. Facts are inconvenient and stubborn things sometimes. They can be measured and verified.. ;-)
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-13-2012 at 12:50 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone louee6's Avatar
    Thanks

iJoke users are sure hating...While you're still looking on that mini lcd that iJoke supposedly made bigger, Us Samsung users are taking in full affect of a real screen. Apple wants to keep things simple thinking its being innovative, well they sure are wrong. Apple IOS has nothing on Ice Cream Sandwich. I personally didn't think I would cross over from an iJoke, but until you Guys go an experience the Galaxy S3 for yourselves, DON"T HATE!!! Samsung actually has the next best thing...But yeah enjoy your iJoke

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justinpotter81 View Post
    best smart phone my @ss;

So far on apple's shinny new phone we have the following issues;

- screen flicker
    - data leak
    - maps not working
    - wifi not working
    - purple lense flare on camera
    - siri not working on day one
    - scratches and scuffs on the phones
    - passbook app cannot sync to iTunes
    - yellowish tint on display
    - light bleed
    - incompatibility with O2s or Vodafone's 4G network
    - still cannot do simultaneous voice and data on Verizon and Sprint
    - incompatible with Sprints' HD voice
    - incompatible with ALL of your accessories

in addition you also have the following;

iPhone 5 incompatible with Sprint's HD Voice
    iPhone 5 incompatible with Sprint and Verizon's simultaneous voice & web
    iPhone 5 incompatible with all of your iOS accessories
    iPhone 5 incompatible with.... ????

iOS users use only one browser whereas Android users have many to choose from AND can use any browser as its default browswer and either of these things will have an affect on perceived "usage"

iOS also may be helped out by the fact that you have spyware pre-installed on iOS 6. something Ive never seen on a mobile device in my life !!
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 10-13-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 720 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    best smart phone my @ss;

So far on apple's shinny new phone we have the following issues;

- screen flicker
    - data leak
    - maps not working
    - wifi not working
    - purple lense flare on camera
    - siri not working on day one
    - scratches and scuffs on the phones
    - passbook app cannot sync to iTunes
    - yellowish tint on display
    - light bleed
    - incompatibility with O2s or Vodafone's 4G network
    - still cannot do simultaneous voice and data on Verizon and Sprint
    - incompatible with Sprints' HD voice
    - incompatible with ALL of your accessories

in addition you also have the following;

iPhone 5 incompatible with Sprint's HD Voice
    iPhone 5 incompatible with Sprint and Verizon's simultaneous voice & web
    iPhone 5 incompatible with all of your iOS accessories
    iPhone 5 incompatible with.... ????

iOS users use only one browser whereas Android users have many to choose from AND can use any browser as its default browswer and either of these things will have an affect on perceived "usage"

iOS also may be helped out by the fact that you have spyware pre-installed on iOS 6. something Ive never seen on a mobile device in my life !!
    And yet it's still the best selling phone.