Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 Web Traffic Already Higher Than Samsung Galaxy S III

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    best smart phone my @ss;

So far on apple's shinny new phone we have the following issues;

- screen flicker
    - data leak
    - maps not working
    - wifi not working
    - purple lense flare on camera
    - siri not working on day one
    - scratches and scuffs on the phones
    - passbook app cannot sync to iTunes
    - yellowish tint on display
    - light bleed
    - incompatibility with O2s or Vodafone's 4G network
    - still cannot do simultaneous voice and data on Verizon and Sprint
    - incompatible with Sprints' HD voice
    - incompatible with ALL of your accessories

in addition you also have the following;

iPhone 5 incompatible with Sprint's HD Voice
    iPhone 5 incompatible with Sprint and Verizon's simultaneous voice & web
    iPhone 5 incompatible with all of your iOS accessories
    iPhone 5 incompatible with.... ????

iOS users use only one browser whereas Android users have many to choose from AND can use any browser as its default browswer and either of these things will have an affect on perceived "usage"

iOS also may be helped out by the fact that you have spyware pre-installed on iOS 6. something Ive never seen on a mobile device in my life !!
    Are you proud of yourself for wasting your life trolling sites of products you don't like? You must have a very happy and fulfilling life, but nobody is going to believe your FUD here. So pack up and GTFO.

Thanks

Jongarret never changes sigh
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    best smart phone my @ss;

So far on apple's shinny new phone we have the following issues;

- screen flicker havent experienced this or heard of it
    - data leak havent experienced this or heard of it
    - maps not working maps work fine, google maps was better though
    - wifi not working havent experienced this or heard of it
    - purple lense flare on camera Ridiculous claim and debunked on several sites who actually asked real photographers about taking pictures
    - siri not working on day one Siri works just fine, not sure why you would say it doesn't
    - scratches and scuffs on the phones Had a small scuff on my S3 when I bought it new
    - passbook app cannot sync to iTunes Why would you need it to?
    - yellowish tint on display havent experienced this or heard of it
    - light bleed havent experienced this or heard of it
    - incompatibility with O2s or Vodafone's 4G network Never used them so can't comment
    - still cannot do simultaneous voice and data on Verizon and Sprint Never used them so can't comment
    - incompatible with Sprints' HD voice Never used them so can't comment
    - incompatible with ALL of your accessories A ridiculously general and untrue statement

in addition you also have the following;

iPhone 5 incompatible with Sprint's HD Voice Repeating yourself for effect?
    iPhone 5 incompatible with Sprint and Verizon's simultaneous voice & web deja vu?
    iPhone 5 incompatible with all of your iOS accessories Oh I get it, you just wanted to make your list longer, duh lol
    iPhone 5 incompatible with.... ???? ?????

iOS users use only one browser whereas Android users have many to choose from AND can use any browser as its default browswer and either of these things will have an affect on perceived "usage" false statement, there are many browsers in the app store, I use chrome personally (and safari)

iOS also may be helped out by the fact that you have spyware pre-installed on iOS 6. something Ive never seen on a mobile device in my life !!
    Since you so like lists (this is the second time you have posted this list in the past few days) here is one for you:

Samsung Galaxy S3 issues:

Microphone Malfunction
    Battery Life
    Device Gets Hot
    Internet Connection Issues
    Wi-Fi Connection
    Design splits opinion
    Made of plastic
    Fiddly brightness controls
    S-Voice sucks
    Low speakers
    Screen too big for some
    Runs android (sorry had to lol)
    Bad memory management
    Runs slow at times (my own experience with my S3)

I could go on and on especially with android related issues, the biggest of which IMO is sheer lack of a uniform updating system between devices. I mean have you checked the statistics on how many people have android phones on 4.X? You should, it is pretty funny (or sad, depending how you look at it). Here's some sites with that info: http://www.h-online.com/open/news/it...s-1596740.html
    http://www.zdnet.com/android-4-1-jel...re-7000002036/
    and a 6.0 adoption rate for idevices as comparison: http://tech2.in.com/news/ios/more-th...o-weeks/485482

And unlike you I will provide my sources instead of us going on faith and your obviously bias opinions I have also responded on some of your "claims" since a lot of them seem more like fanboy bias than actual factual information. Oh and I have owned a S3, loved it, great phone and I do really like Android, but still used my 4S as my everyday phone because iOS is just better IMO. Then I sold my S3 and 4S to get an iPhone 5 and am really happy

iPhone 4S, Galaxy S III study reveals biggest smartphone problems
    Samsung Galaxy S3: 5 Problems With The Device
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Review: Best and worst features | IT PRO Reviews

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    And yet it's still the best selling phone.
    Because the fanboys keep buying it regardless. Apple could but a gold cow turd inside it as the only upgrade and people would still buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
    Because the fanboys keep buying it regardless. Apple could put a gold cow turd inside it as the only upgrade and people would still buy it.
    And it would still run better than a Samsung.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    why not just samsuckit!
    +1

This proves nothing for several reasons:

1. The SIII is one phone among various other phones in the Android Ecosystem. While it may be true that iPhone 5 has more web traffic based on service, the article states that it did not include any other phones except for the SIII and the iPhone 5. If the SIII was the only Android smartphone, the numbers would be very different.

2. [...] Samsung has more people using their phones than Apple does using their phones. Samsung doesn't force its userbase to upgrade by with holding support. As such, people are not forced to upgrade to inflate numbers.

3. Android users, like myself, can be running ad blocking software which would definatly make them invisible to ad statistics.

Typical Apple propeganda, IMO. This article should be called "iPhone users more prone to seeing ads than Samsung users".
    Last edited by Orby; 10-13-2012 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Leave the ad hominem attacks at the door.

Thanks

Still trying to understand the popularity of the GS3. A bunch of coworkers of mine(some that never owned a Droid) ran out to buy it upon launch. It's still Android OS..so what's the big deal? Jellybean is better than ICS yet not nearly as good as iOS. To each their own I suppose. If you've never had the best I suppose second can feel like first:]

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brianiino View Post
    +1
    Also if you wanna talk about holding value between the two, go check craigslist.com or ebay. Hell, Apple will give you more money in trade in credit for your iPhone than you could sell a Samsung phone for. I don't remember the last time I payed for a new iPhone, selling my old one always paid for the new phone.
    I'm not one that buys a phone with the thought of resale value. Truth be known I generally give my old phone away to someone I know that needs one. The exception was the iPhone 4, but I sold it for a little over $200 when most were going for $400 plus. The only reason I got money on that one was they were wanting to pay. A phone is a tool, not an investment. When I no longer need the tool I give it to someone who can use it.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by LivesForJihad View Post
    1. The SIII is one phone among various other phones in the Android Ecosystem. While it may be true that iPhone 5 has more web traffic based on service, the article states that it did not include any other phones except for the SIII and the iPhone 5. If the SIII was the only Android smartphone, the numbers would be very different.
    Why would you compare only the iPhone 5 to the whole Android ecosystem? There would be no point to that. The point is to see the Web usage statistics between two different handsets. If you want to compare the whole Android ecosystem to the iPhone 5, that's way too one-sided. You would need to compare the Android ecosystem to the whole iOS ecosystem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Still trying to understand the popularity of the GS3. A bunch of coworkers of mine(some that never owned a Droid) ran out to buy it upon launch. It's still Android OS..so what's the big deal? Jellybean is better than ICS yet not nearly as good as iOS. To each their own I suppose. If you've never had the best I suppose second can feel like first:]
    What have you used that has the official JB on it? Curios, as if it is the S3 (and you are not in one of the limited areas it has currently been released in internationally) then all you have experienced is a custom ROM or a leaked AT&T or Sprint ROM since there has been no official release of JB on the S3 in the US. That's like using the BETA of IOS 6 and whacking on it... it was a BETA and would not perform up to par with the release version.

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Jongarret never changes sigh
    Actually, 5 of those items that he detailed I suffered:

Screen Flicker: get it on the keyboard several times now on two different phones when typing in an SMS message or in TapaTalk or ForumRunner.

Wifi not working: Could not connect to one businesses free hotspot... the push of an update that Verizon did solved the problem apparently because now I can

iPhone was using cell data when connected to my wifi (not really important for me as I have unlimited) - fixed with the update that Verizon pushed out.

Scratches on iPhone: My brand new iPhone out of the boxes had two scratches on one long side of the phone and a nice long one on the other

No SVDO on Verizon: and will not be solved due to design implementation factors chosen by Apple
    Last edited by Tperry; 10-14-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Yeah... Complex is better..
    For some people (read power users) yes, it is.

For some people who don't want to do anything to there phone other than the way it comes, not it isn't.

Guess which group I fall into...

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I think it's clear what the context was with the poster I was responding to. The distinction you're making is between 'feature set' and 'individual feature design implementation'. The question in these debates rarely is 'ever' about 'feature set that works best for an individual'. (Yes - I have both phones. ). If what you are referring to is feature set - then, yes, a certain set of features may 'be more suited' for this or that individual.

But the point I was making is in the 3rd party 'feature for feature' comparisons that have been done in many studies. It's in THAT arena that Apple wins - every time. The only exception, 'barely', being in battery life on the 4S (not enough data on the 5 yet). Even there - Apple wins compared to several Android companies given the same general feature set and usage. But 'feature by feature' direct comparison - even my S3 doesn't win. And the whole thing gets very clear for me - when I compare 'up time' of the two systems. There is far greater instability in Android than in iOS - as shown again and again in study after study.

I will admit the Android open architecture (convenient - no jailbreak needed) and widget tools available, even without rooting the phone, is pretty impressive as is the large screen of an S3 and a couple others. And when you first play around with it for a while, watching a video or two or playing with some desktop themeing, you get the sense you're on a cool phone (S3) -- but as soon and you try to 'push it'.. it quickly becomes a 'toy' for me. And Android OS, IMHO, isn't as intuitive a GUI as iOS. I'm not alone.. LOL!! But I acknowledge that's a subjective statement. But on the objective measurable, feature by feature comparisons - S3 doesn't even come close to iP5. Facts are inconvenient and stubborn things sometimes. They can be measured and verified.. ;-)
    Ahem.... I had a lengthy reply already submitted to this but apparently when I was editing a post it took it out (since the system combines your quotes if they are made within a certain time period). So here we go again with them.

I AM the poster you responded to.

Let's do a limited feature comparison:

Larger screen size: Samsung 4.8", iPhone 4" diagonal (larger screen won by Samsung) * This is important to people who watch a lot of video or read quite a bit on the phone and have less than excellent vision (cheaters anyone?)
    On board RAM: Samsung 2GB, iPhone 1GB claimed by several sites - officially amount not released?
    Expandable storage: Samsung up to 64GB, iPhone - none
    User replaceable battery: Samsung - yes, iPhone - no
    SIM card interchangeable between multiple LTE Verizon phones: Samsung - yes, iPhone - no *(this irks me as I may not want to carry the iPhone with me when I'm out at the land either running the tractors or hog hunting at night and I have to go into the local Corp store to get a new SIM instead of just being able to plug it into my other phone)
    Burst mode camera: Samsung S3 - yes, iPhone - no
    Front camera: Samsung S3 1.9MP, iPhone 1.2MP
    Voice command Feature: Samsung - yes, S-Voice (sucks), iPhone - Siri - beats S-voice with a stick, Google Now rocks and spanks both of them
    NFC: Samsung - yes, iPhone -no
    Cell Radio reception (this is personal experience at my locaitons): Samsung S3 - adequate, iPhone - stronger than S3 but less than MAXX

Also did some research, and numerous reviewers do NOT give the iPhone a win in every category every time. There are things they like about it, but there are also things that they state that the S3 specifically outdoes it in. You want to talk about battery life... let's talk RAZR MAXX - there is battery life. Nothing else stock compares to it. Its fail is that it also does not have a user replaceable battery - which is important to some.

When it comes to "pushing it", you can't really push the iPhone with the stock Store apps. You CAN sideload applications on the S3, which is what bites a LOT of people in the ***. They don't always know the source (other than it was on the internet), and a lot of times those sideloads are warez - which by their nature can have other negative effects. A JB iPhone can suffer the same fate (xSellize anyone?). As for intuitive... that depends on what you are used to. After coming from my S3 and MAXX to the iPhone I had to learn the system, and at times it was frustrating... why should I have to go into settings to turn the personal hotspot on. was used to having either an application on the dock or just on the notification bar to turn it on... that's much simpler to use. Why do you have to open to contact list to view all your contacts or choose just your favorites instead of having shortcuts for those favorites be placed on the home screen or in a folder on the home screen for quick dial functionality.

A feature is not a functional feature if it is something I don't need or if it does not work as I need it to. Design implementation is important, and that (for me - which is an entirely subjective thing) is better on Android as you can the phone as you desire (ergo the quick dial shortcuts, a live widget that keeps your upcoming appointment calendars in sync and visible on the main screen, the live wallpaper that allows me to see what the weather looks like outside where I am without having to go to a window and several other feature sets I miss from Android - that's why I carry both normally). You will have to admit that is why iPhone owners JB their phones - because the feature sets that are decided by Cupertino don't meet their needs.
    Last edited by Tperry; 10-14-2012 at 06:07 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Normally iPhones are packaged with data plans in most of the places whether one needs or not. While S3 users need not use maps app while on the move since they can exclude in their monthly plans while depend more on built it navigation system in their vehicles and WiFi for browsing.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 Times in 750 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Since you so like lists (this is the second time you have posted this list in the past few days) here is one for you:

Samsung Galaxy S3 issues:

Microphone Malfunction
    Battery Life
    Device Gets Hot
    Internet Connection Issues
    Wi-Fi Connection
    Design splits opinion
    Made of plastic
    Fiddly brightness controls
    S-Voice sucks
    Low speakers
    Screen too big for some
    Runs android (sorry had to lol)
    Bad memory management
    Runs slow at times (my own experience with my S3)

I could go on and on especially with android related issues, the biggest of which IMO is sheer lack of a uniform updating system between devices. I mean have you checked the statistics on how many people have android phones on 4.X? You should, it is pretty funny (or sad, depending how you look at it). Here's some sites with that info: http://www.h-online.com/open/news/it...s-1596740.html
    http://www.zdnet.com/android-4-1-jel...re-7000002036/
    and a 6.0 adoption rate for idevices as comparison: http://tech2.in.com/news/ios/more-th...o-weeks/485482

And unlike you I will provide my sources instead of us going on faith and your obviously bias opinions I have also responded on some of your "claims" since a lot of them seem more like fanboy bias than actual factual information. Oh and I have owned a S3, loved it, great phone and I do really like Android, but still used my 4S as my everyday phone because iOS is just better IMO. Then I sold my S3 and 4S to get an iPhone 5 and am really happy

iPhone 4S, Galaxy S III study reveals biggest smartphone problems
    Samsung Galaxy S3: 5 Problems With The Device
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Review: Best and worst features | IT PRO Reviews
    Oh SNAP lmao ;-p +100

iPhone? More like MyPhone rukavuda's Avatar
    Thanks

Only reason iPhone 5 has higher traffic is because everyone is searching for a half descent map app. lol

Had iPhone 5 but I gave it to the wife and bought an s3, much much better device,
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9020/gagaxq.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rukavuda View Post
    Only reason iPhone 5 has higher traffic is because everyone is searching for a half descent map app. lol

Had iPhone 5 but I gave it to the wife and bought an s3, much much better device,
    That statement isn't objectively provable. So I accept it only as your perception.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    That statement isn't objectively provable. So I accept it only as your perception.
    Isn't that what most phones are purchased based upon? Not objectively provable facts, but the perception of the purchaser?

I have both (and even went out and purchased a new iPad yesterday to replace my original one with - but also have a Nexus on order).
    I use each device for their own strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    Isn't that what most phones are purchased based upon? Not objectively provable facts, but the perception of the purchaser?

I have both (and even went out and purchased a new iPad yesterday to replace my original one with - but also have a Nexus on order).
    I use each device for their own strengths.
    Yes, I hear you, T. We generally agree. But there are objective measures to demonstrate one phone as superior than the other on a feature by feature comparison. Then when you do comparisons there are mitigating factors - like it's true that the S3 has more megapixels in their camera than iPhone 5 - but the aperture and light balance aspect of the iPhone camera itself is far superior component-wise. These details are often lost in these Crapple/Samsuck childish fanboy wars.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12