Results 1 to 9 of 9

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Microsoft Claims March 2013 Release of Office for iOS Was False

  1. #1
    Default Microsoft Claims March 2013 Release Date of Office for iOS Was False


    Many iOS users have been patiently waiting for the Microsoft Office suite to debut on Apple's iOS device lineup. Earlier today, good news surfaced when Microsoft’s Czech division announced that we would see the arrival of Microsoft Office for iOS, Android, and multiple other platforms in March of 2013.

    Unfortunately, this doesn't appear to the be the case anymore.

    Lead of corporate communications for Microsoft, Frank Shaw, has stepped up to the plate on Twitter to announce that the information shared by Microsoft's Czech division is “not accurate” and that Microsoft has “nothing further to share” at this time, as shown below:



    Microsoft has not dropped any hints that they are completely ditching the Office for iOS effort, which is good news. Microsoft also has not yet commented on their progress in creating an Office suite for iOS, so this situation is open for speculation. It's more likely that Microsoft doesn't want to set any dates in stone when they can't guarantee a delivered product.

    Albeit there is currently no official release date for Microsoft Office for iOS, users can still opt to download and use Apple’s iWork suite for iOS if they choose to for $9.99 per application (Keynote, Pages, Numbers).

    Sources: Frank Shaw via Computerworld

  2. #2
    those god damn Czechs

  3. #3
    Someone is gonna get their arse kicked LOL

  4. #4
    We should not expect much from Microsoft in the coming months with the launch of Windows 8, Windows phone 8 and The Surface tablet. They will focus all their attention on their products, attention they have lacked for the past couple of years.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    We should not expect much from Microsoft in the coming months with the launch of Windows 8, Windows phone 8 and The Surface tablet. They will focus all their attention on their products, attention they have lacked for the past couple of years.
    If they are smart they will. They need to set the windows 8 phones and tablets apart from iOS and android. Having sole access to the worlds most prevelant office suite should help them attract the business market.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    798
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 74 Times in 47 Posts

    I wont pay that much for the Apple apps so if Microsoft do release office for IOS and its under $10 I'll buy it.
    They already have Office for Mac so they do support Apple devices, they just need to release it for IOS as well.
    There are other apps that support Office documents so if M$ wanted to they could easily release a IOS port.
    And they are right into touch OS atm so it'll be an easy port for them.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I wont pay that much for the Apple apps so if Microsoft do release office for IOS and its under $10 I'll buy it.
    They already have Office for Mac so they do support Apple devices, they just need to release it for IOS as well.
    There are other apps that support Office documents so if M$ wanted to they could easily release a IOS port.
    And they are right into touch OS atm so it'll be an easy port for them.
    $10? Guess you won't be buying it then.

  8. #8
    So MS is going to release their suite on the newest version of the iPad. Interesting. I wonder if it will only be able to run on the newest version of the iPad? That would make Sence as the unreleased version will no doubt be better in terms of processor. I would imagine the suites would really need that for them to be complete.

  9. #9
    Am I missing something here? What about Quick Office?


    Quote Originally Posted by runey71 View Post
    If they are smart they will. They need to set the windows 8 phones and tablets apart from iOS and android. Having sole access to the worlds most prevelant office suite should help them attract the business market.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •