+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Consumer Reports Says Flare Problem Isn't Unique to iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Lol, the clever consumer would claim they got a cool new app that adds a "purple flare" effect to their photos. This is such common sense I cant believe that
    Thanks

Lol, the clever consumer would claim they got a cool new app that adds a "purple flare" effect to their photos.
    This is such common sense I cant believe that C.R. even bothered to take the time out of there day to write an article about it.

"It appears that the new iPhone is dysfunctional! The GPS stops working inside of parking structures. Although this has been an issue in the past, the latest iOS6 update did not resolve the issue and is therefore the cause of it."

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    I like how Apple or iFanboys group similar complaints into 1 name Scuffgate.
    Put iPhone easily scuffed and scuffs right out of the box into 1, then shrug everything off with explanation to 1 complaint by placing fault to the consumer.
    You have no problem with scuffs right out of the box???
    Apple admit fault by slowing down product to increase QC, so guess what Apple is at fault here.

BTW it is spelled steel not steal.
    Dont be a hater.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Buy the phone YOU like and STFU!
    Peace not war my friends <3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default lens flare
    i'm a professional photographer www.michaelleggero.com here is the expert answer. this is a normal photographic condition called lens flare and chromatic aberration (the purple). any time you point a camera at the sun this will happen, some cameras handle it better than others but it is going to happen to one extent or another. even my professional cameras do this there is nothing they can do with any sort of update to firmware to fix this without affecting image quality in a negative way, so stop complaining or they might try to update it and that would give you the posiblility of a worse picture..
    consumer reports was 100% correct

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Pur[ple HaZE
    I Like Purple Haze ! (I thought it was a feature!)

OH...WAIT! That's either Acid or a Song or Both!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    By the way. It's spelled "by the way"

If your going to take the time to correct someone's honest mistake in spelling, then take the time to spell out your words and numbers.

Also please time the time to get a life
    You mean "please take the time to get a life". Couldn't resist myself....

And to the poster who's the professional photographer, this is not chromatic abberation (purple fringing). Fringing happens when an area of high contrast meets a bright light source, such as a black sweater against a sky. This purple haze is just a very ugly lens flare; each lens handles flares differently.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
    But, as eballesq said, it's a witchhunt. People treat Apple products like a religion for some reason, and demonize the company, the products, and the people who use the products as if they're part of an opposing religion. It's not unlike the way X-Box fanboys behave toward PS3 users.
    The problem is when you pay 600 for a phone you expect bloody top quality stuff, especially when they tout it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Also I can't get this effect on my iPhone 4 was trying yesterday, even using HDR & nothing :-(, so in my eyes it's the sapphire lens cover.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wukillabee View Post
    Exactly! Learned this in 10th grade photography and just a lil bit of common sense here people, DON'T TAKE A PICTURE OF THE SUN, lol! Bunch of dummies with dummy complaints. My phone gets scratched, get a case. My phone get's scratched when placed in purse or pocket with keys and other crap in it, get a screen protector. I swear, some people just don't use their brain
    use their brain? what? are you kidding? and deny them their god given rights to *****, whine and moan? not to mention declare a company evil and start a class action lawsuit!

i've been a photographer for over 30 years, the only sure-fire way not to get lens flair is to take a photo in the dark!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah damn science for taking pictures of the sun!

Thanks

It is funny how picky Apple fans (haters?) could be? I haven't heard of consumer reports focusing their lens on pink flares for the Samsung Galaxy - with all my respect - I am confident that it produces a similar flare.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xLastWishx View Post
    Again? How about you get off ModMyI and STOP trolling ever single article. You act like companies can't make mistakes. I admit I strongly dislike iOS6 and iPhone 5 but I don't go off bashing Apple. You waste SO much time commenting against Apple and yet they have way more money that you'll ever make, living in your mother's basement bashing Apple. I sure hope you're still in college cause otherwise you have no life.
    Companies will make mistakes, that is a given.
    By not voicing your dissatisfaction with the mistakes, how would they know to fix it and improve on it?
    It is actually people like you accepting fault even make excuses for Apple that is Apple's real problem, you think Apple would fix the issues consumers have if consumer just accept it and do not voice our dissatisfaction? You think the Antennagate would get fixed with the later versions of iPhone 4 or even 4S if people just shut up about problems they are having? You think Apple would slow down production to improve quality control if people just accept scuffed iPhone out of the box and not complain about it?

Your attempt to shut people up is doing a disservice to all consumers here and doing Apple no favors, and your complacent to flawed product even to yourself makes you a iFanboy. Your attempt to attack me just make yourself look like a hysterical child trying to protect his little toy.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Companies will make mistakes, that is a given.
    By not voicing your dissatisfaction with the mistakes, how would they know to fix it and improve on it?
    It is actually people like you accepting fault even make excuses for Apple that is Apple's real problem, you think Apple would fix the issues consumers have if consumer just accept it and do not voice our dissatisfaction? You think the Antennagate would get fixed with the later versions of iPhone 4 or even 4S if people just shut up about problems they are having? You think Apple would slow down production to improve quality control if people just accept scuffed iPhone out of the box and not complain about it?

Your attempt to shut people up is doing a disservice to all consumers here and doing Apple no favors, and your complacent to flawed product even to yourself makes you a iFanboy. Your attempt to attack me just make yourself look like a hysterical child trying to protect his little toy.
    Apple doesn't sit here and read your whiny comments. I've seen you post through every single article about Apple and it is always a negative thing about them. I only shut YOU up, not other people. Also you whining about Apple's products is doing Apple favors? I just told you I dislike the changes they've made with iOS 6 and iPhone 5, I hate the product and I feel Apple made a huge mistakes with their maps. There I've voiced my opinion but Apple doesn't give a damn because people will still buy their products. Oh and I may be a hysterical child but at least I'm still not an adult that wastes his time on an Apple based forums venting hate on every single mistake that Apple made. You, JonGarret or however you spell it, and NakedFaire enjoy bashing on every single one of Apple's success or failures.

I among others come here to read on news about Apple and their competition. I enjoy my Nexus 7, iPad 3, iPhone 4S, MBP Retina, and yes even the SIII which I rarely use except to develop for. I am a software developer for both iPhone and Android, I love both platforms where I learn new things every single day. Not once have I ever went on xda-developers or other major Android sites and bashed on their failures or ridicule their success. I've never disliked Android. I may be called a mindless sheep when I enjoy Apple products but at least I'm not a Fandroid; a mindless robot that of which is programmed to continuously bash the competition.

With the whole Samsung vs Apple lawsuit I wanted Apple to win MOSTLY so that Samsung will stop trying to 'copy' and start innovating with their own line of products. I adore the Note II and will be purchasing it so I can develop for that screen size. Samsung has made mistakes too (like the whole data wipe fiasco) but I haven't even said a single negative thing towards it. Instead I warned all of my Android friends and moved on.

I hope that by reading this whole thing that you would stop bashing on Apple constantly like JonGarret and NakedFaire does, rather enjoy both products like I do. I went over the top because I'm tired of all this useless negativity so I honestly hope that you'll accept my apology. If you really want to here me, an iSheep say it then by all means, Android is FAR better than iOS but I will always prefer iOS because of the consistency in the UX. That is all.

*Note I'm not telling you not to voice your opinion - HOWEVER when it shows extreme bias then it most certainly a strongly driven bias, thus I choose to defend my 'toy'.

-------

On topic: Recently while I was photographing my friend came up to me and asked me about this issue, while talking about how much of an error it was my professor has told us (and he doesn't own a smartphone) that it occurs often with digital photography. So there you have it folks hold it 'the right way' or just stick with the iPhone 4S like I did.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    Gee, I hate to see actual fact-finding and investigative reporting get in the way of a good witch hunt.
    Lol!!!!

+1!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by svolam View Post
    Whatever Consumer Reports says doesn't matter to me. I used different cameras and all models of iphones. I have this problem with only iPhone 5. It is an issue that Apple needs to address.
    Good luck with that.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xLastWishx View Post
    Apple doesn't sit here and read your whiny comments. I've seen you post through every single article about Apple and it is always a negative thing about them. I only shut YOU up, not other people. Also you whining about Apple's products is doing Apple favors? I just told you I dislike the changes they've made with iOS 6 and iPhone 5, I hate the product and I feel Apple made a huge mistakes with their maps. There I've voiced my opinion but Apple doesn't give a damn because people will still buy their products. Oh and I may be a hysterical child but at least I'm still not an adult that wastes his time on an Apple based forums venting hate on every single mistake that Apple made. You, JonGarret or however you spell it, and NakedFaire enjoy bashing on every single one of Apple's success or failures.

I among others come here to read on news about Apple and their competition. I enjoy my Nexus 7, iPad 3, iPhone 4S, MBP Retina, and yes even the SIII which I rarely use except to develop for. I am a software developer for both iPhone and Android, I love both platforms where I learn new things every single day. Not once have I ever went on xda-developers or other major Android sites and bashed on their failures or ridicule their success. I've never disliked Android. I may be called a mindless sheep when I enjoy Apple products but at least I'm not a Fandroid; a mindless robot that of which is programmed to continuously bash the competition.

With the whole Samsung vs Apple lawsuit I wanted Apple to win MOSTLY so that Samsung will stop trying to 'copy' and start innovating with their own line of products. I adore the Note II and will be purchasing it so I can develop for that screen size. Samsung has made mistakes too (like the whole data wipe fiasco) but I haven't even said a single negative thing towards it. Instead I warned all of my Android friends and moved on.

I hope that by reading this whole thing that you would stop bashing on Apple constantly like JonGarret and NakedFaire does, rather enjoy both products like I do. I went over the top because I'm tired of all this useless negativity so I honestly hope that you'll accept my apology. If you really want to here me, an iSheep say it then by all means, Android is FAR better than iOS but I will always prefer iOS because of the consistency in the UX. That is all.

*Note I'm not telling you not to voice your opinion - HOWEVER when it shows extreme bias then it most certainly a strongly driven bias, thus I choose to defend my 'toy'.

-------

On topic: Recently while I was photographing my friend came up to me and asked me about this issue, while talking about how much of an error it was my professor has told us (and he doesn't own a smartphone) that it occurs often with digital photography. So there you have it folks hold it 'the right way' or just stick with the iPhone 4S like I did.
    Someone please make this a sticky!!!

I couldn't agree with this entire statement more!! Yes android is better, but with out the fluid UX it just doesn't do it for me.

You can have all the options and more. With out a solid UX your simply appealing to the people who enjoy tinkering

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Basic photography 101!!! Even back in the day they always told you to take pictures with the sun to your back. If people would stop and think and use common sense? Ops what am I thinking??? People don't use common sense and buy stuff with knowing not how to use them or reading the user guide. Lol and when something or goes wrong? It s the other persons fault or the manufacturer fault
    Never understood why they call it common sense.It's not that common!

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    Speaking of iPhone 5 issues, does anyone have a problem with the Hotspot feature? It was working ok for weeks but the last couple days it hasn't worked at all. I turn it on and it says "Now discoverable" but nothing can find it.
    I noticed that the other day when trying to use the hotspot to wirelessly connect to the phone. No joy, but one I enabled Bluetooth it connected via that method. :shrug:
    Last edited by Tperry; 10-13-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12