Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 Production Slows As Apple Addresses Quality Control Issues

Banned
    Thanks

PRODUCTION HAS SLOWED BECAUSE DEMAND HAS SLOWED. more and more problems surface each week with this phone and as word get out, more and more people are wising up and getting better phones like the Galaxy S III.

- screen flicker
    - data leak
    - maps not working
    - wifi not working
    - purple lense flare on camera
    - siri not working on day one
    - scratches and scuffs on the phones
    - passbook app cannot sync to iTunes
    - yellowish tint on display
    - light bleed
    - incompatibility with O2s or Vodafone's 4G network
    - still cannot do simultaneous voice and data on Verizon and Sprint
    - incompatible with Sprints' HD voice
    - incompatible with ALL of your accessories

and if that wasnt enough you also get;

iPhone 5 incompatible with Sprint's HD Voice
    iPhone 5 incompatible with Sprint and Verizon's simultaneous voice & web
    iPhone 5 incompatible with all of your iOS accessories
    iPhone 5 incompatible with.... ????

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    more and more people are wising up and getting better phones like the Galaxy S III.
    Provide one shred of evidence that iPhone sales are decreasing and SIII are increasing, and that the 2 are related.

Then, I'll know you're not total liar, and I might read the rest of your post.

Liar.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,278 Times in 7,010 Posts

PRODUCTION HAS SLOWED BECAUSE DEMAND HAS SLOWED. more and more problems surface each week with this phone and as word get out, more and more people are wising up and getting better phones like the Galaxy S III.

- screen flicker
    - data leak
    - maps not working
    - wifi not working
    - purple lense flare on camera
    - siri not working on day one
    - scratches and scuffs on the phones
    - passbook app cannot sync to iTunes
    - yellowish tint on display
    - light bleed
    - incompatibility with O2s or Vodafone's 4G network
    - still cannot do simultaneous voice and data on Verizon and Sprint
    - incompatible with Sprints' HD voice
    - incompatible with ALL of your accessories

and if that wasnt enough you also get;

iPhone 5 incompatible with Sprint's HD Voice
    iPhone 5 incompatible with Sprint and Verizon's simultaneous voice & web
    iPhone 5 incompatible with all of your iOS accessories
    iPhone 5 incompatible with.... ????
    For someone who hates Apple products so much you sure have put a lot of thought and effort into all of this, not to mention almost 500 posts on an Apple centric site. I would have been moved on by now if I felt the way you did. Why do you care so much?

Quote Originally Posted by dustin942000 View Post
    That's not just the Verizon iPhone 5 lol my AT&T 4s has always done it
    It's the sleep wake button rattling around. Most likely not a defect since the button is metal and so is the frame. My AT&T i5 does that as well.

I'll wait for the 5s, specially since I still have 7 more months of contract left, plenty of time to decide on a new carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadw3 View Post
    It's the sleep wake button rattling around. Most likely not a defect since the button is metal and so is the frame. My AT&T i5 does that as well.
    It totally is the sleep/wake button. Hold it down and tap again and the rattle will be gone. The button must be set in the frame but only held in place by a flange on bottom to keep it from falling out but be free moving otherwise. Technically the top but its just sitting in the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    good thing i still have a handy dandy iphone 2g
    Enjoy your 5 year old sluggish as hell iphone. I'd rather have a dumb phone than rely on that.

says the samsung fanboi.
    Last edited by exNavy; 10-10-2012 at 07:37 PM.
    Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    For someone who hates Apple products so much you sure have put a lot of thought and effort into all of this, not to mention almost 500 posts on an Apple centric site. I would have been moved on by now if I felt the way you did. Why do you care so much?
    Not to mention the purposely over-exaggerated points designed to win people over, such as:

Maps not working
    The Maps application works fine. Some users are just not happy with it because they prefer Google Maps. Bugs are few and far in between. Other countries outside of the U.S. have been the most unfortunate.

Purple lens flare on camera
    According to a report by AppleInsider, the Samsung Galaxy SIII is included in phones that have his issue or an issue similar to the purple haze.

Siri not working on day one
    What?

Yellowish tint on display
    When a phone is produced fresh, you get fresh glue. Glue hardens and it doesn't provide a yellow hue anymore.

Incompatible with "ALL" of your accessories
    And what about those Bluetooth accessories? The iPhone 5 still has Bluetooth. Not to mention a $30 adapter will make it work with most old accessories, but once accessories are updated for the new connector the iPhone 5 will work with them and older iPhones won't. I don't see cassette tapes working with CD players either, but no one complains about that. New technology replaces the old; out with the old, in with the new – when has this ever been frowned upon?

Just a note: Samsung Galaxy SIII wouldn't work with any of my accessories either .
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-10-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,278 Times in 7,010 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Not to mention the purposely over-exaggerated points, such as:

Maps not working
    The Maps application works fine. Some users are just not happy with it because they prefer Google Maps. Bugs are few and far in between.

Purple lens flare on camera
    According to a report by AppleInsider, the Samsung Galaxy SIII is included in phones that have his issue.

Siri not working on day one
    What?

Yellowish tint on display
    When a phone is produced fresh, you get fresh glue. Glue hardens and it doesn't provide a yellow hue anymore.

Incompatible with "ALL" of your accessories
    And what about those Bluetooth accessories? The iPhone 5 still has Bluetooth. Not to mention a $30 adapter will make it work with most old accessories, but once accessories are updated for the new connector, iPhone 5 will work with them and older iPhones won't. I don't see cassette tapes working with CD players either, but no one complains about that. New technology replaces the old; out with the old, in with the new – when has this ever been frowned upon?
    Oh, I am sure we could list a bunch of things against the samsung galaxy S3 (battery life is terrible, even worse than 4S and I talk from experience having owned a S3 myself for a few months) and pretty much any phone. The difference is that at the end of the day no one really cares about the other phones except the people that own them. Apple devices are talked about by people that own them and people who don't, good or bad. Non-apple products are generally just talked about by the people that own them.

For any basketball fan it can be likened to the Lakers and any other NBA team (I know I know, Lakers fan here but any basketball fan will agree). You either love the Lakers or you genuinely hate them. Most other NBA teams you like them if they are your team but others don't really have feelings towards them either way. If something happens to the Lakers it's national news, something happens to another team it doesn't quite have the same news appeal.

Everything is always blown way out of proportion with Apple, good things, bad things, doesn't matter. People want to know about Apple products, they need to know, whether or not they love it or hate it. Apple matters, people like jOnGarrett just prove this point. A total android fan but feels the need to continually come on an Apple site and bash them.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Oh, I am sure we could list a bunch of things against the samsung galaxy S3 (battery life is terrible, even worse than 4S and I talk from experience having owned a S3 myself for a few months) and pretty much any phone. The difference is that at the end of the day no one really cares about the other phones except the people that own them. Apple devices are talked about by people that own them and people who don't, good or bad. Non-apple products are generally just talked about by the people that own them.
    I like your reasoning here.

A chip or two doesn't bother me,I'm still happy with my iPhone 5,it's sooo responsive and fast!!! :-)

Im waiting for my second replacement from Apple UK

1st iPhone 5 damage around the headphone socket
    2nd iPhone 5 chip's on aluminium bezel
    3rd iPhone 5 we will wait and see!

About the aluminum back on the iPhone 5 ? Apple make great products but, I can't believe, with all the great materials out there. Who in their right mind would choose aluminum for the case. After a month or so of use, it will look terrible from scratches.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesgrayson View Post
    About the aluminum back on the iPhone 5 ? Apple make great products but, I can't believe, with all the great materials out there. Who in their right mind would choose aluminum for the case. After a month or so of use, it will look terrible from scratches.
    It's pretty much the same aluminum that goes into making the MacBook lineup. Granted, probably a lot thinner and colored. My MacBook has been whacked... scraped... you name it. It's really not beat up at all and I can't find any dents or scratches on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12