+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Developers Claim Apple Repeatedly Ignored Warnings and Reports of Maps Problems

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I've used Maps quite a bit and I've never had any problem. I really like it, it's quicker!
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I've used Maps quite a bit and I've never had any problem. I really like it, it's quicker!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I think your the dreamer if you think Steve Jobs thought like that. He wanted the iPhone to be a business phone only. He never wanted the public to use it he wanted only business people. He didn't care what the public wanted, he wanted it his way, the gray boring way. the original iPhone has less features than a phone 5 years prior it its release. It was a piece of crap. The 3G wasn't much better. Phones released years before still had better features than it. And when the iPhone 4 came around it was starting to get better but there were other phones in the market that were better. Those phones are still better than the iPhone 5 and they are years old now. Just coz its faster doesn't make it better.

And with the iPhone 5's screen. Its NOT 16:9 but EVERYTHING thats not Apple IS 16:9. They had the chance to get onto the 16:9 bandwagon and they didn't want to. They wanted to be on their own and thats what they are. Alone and by themselves. Just about every other Tablet out there is 16:9 but Apple are still in the 80's with there 4:3 screens. I've had a 16:9 computer monitor since 2003. My first Tablet was 16:9 and that was years ago. That was the biggest adjustment I had to do when I got my iPad 1 was to get used to the old 4:3 screen.
    Show me a phone from any time 2003 to 2007 that could do what the iPhone could do. Yes there were "smart" phones before then (BlackBerry, Palm), but where are those now? They pretty much bit the dust. Almost no one had a "smart" phone before the iPhone. And now almost every does, be it an iPhone or something else. The smartphone trend of today pretty much wouldn't have happened without the iPhone in 2007.

As for the screen, yeah it's 16:9. 16 divided by 9 is 1.77777777777... ad infinitum. 1136 divided by 640 is 1.775. Dude come on, it's still 16:9. It's not true 720p HD 16:9 which is 1280 x 720, but IMHO phones with that resolution are TOO damn big! I mean come on, if I want to watch something in true HD I'm going to do it on my 1080p LCD projector shooting onto a 100-inch screen. Not a damn 4" phone screen.

Yeah I thought it was weird that the original iPad had "only" 1024x768 resolution. But the new iPad has FOUR TIMES that resolution at 2048x1536! Yes it's still a 4:3 ratio, but it has 50% more pixels than a 1920x1080 full HD display. That's 50% more screen area than your pansy HD tablet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    wow.... looks soo real!

SARCASM

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    I haven't hadI haven't had an Issue with Apples Map @ All. But then again i've only used it for Local stuff then i need to find if i need Directions. I use Co-Pilot when i REALLY need to find things. To Me Google Maps & Apple Maps look the same.
    Tried to use it to find two different places in Athens,TX a short time ago. One it took me to a place that was out of business for a while (after having me drive 3/4 mile past where it showed to be and perform a U-Turn to get to it - using the navigation instructions). The other was over a mile away from where it showed to be. Had my S3 also using the Google Navigation. It new the closed business was not there and would not letme navigate to it by name search (that gave me the correct location for the store). The second location was spot on. Comparing the LOOKS is one thing. Lack of reliable (or even mostly reliable) navigation is another. I've used the navigation feature 3 times so far and it has struck out each time.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Apple have never cared about its customers but for it to not care about its devs is a real kick in the nuts for apple fanboys. Its' just proving Apple really dont care about anyone except if you give them money and it still wont care about you but what you give. (Money)

If Apple did care for its customers or devs then it wouldn't have spent so much suing people and it would've as I keep saying made a better device.

Again, my words either go on deaf ears or people just dont agree but they all will hear what I say. "Apple as a company SUCK" I do like the iPhone WHEN you jailbreak it. But the way they do business is wrong. I really hope after all this iPhone 5 and IOS 6 crap people start hearing the warnings and stop buying Apple products. WAIT till Apple listen to the people and actually start making better devices then buy them again but the iPhone 5 and updating to IOS 6 is wrong. It's not the way to go.
    You need a ban. Really. Samsung and Google also spent more money on patents than R&D too. It's sick and sad for all of them, but if you think your going to find sympathy coming here, your crazy. Which is why i think your just a troll, that should be banned.
    My iPhone 4 Mod Flickr Stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54754025@N07/

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattme11 View Post
    Steve jobs was a dreamer and he cared and his customers, he wanted a phone what worked all around the world and where every one had the same stuff and not just stuck in the usa.

New CEO comes along and says lets think money! And makes the ios **** and makes a iphone that has more things wrong withit than me 4s.

The iphone 4 ( not 4s ) had only 1 thing wrong with it signal and that was it
    No iPhone 4 had Antennagate and proximity sensor issues.
    Jobs address Antennagate only.
    And no giving a bumper that lasts only a few months is not caring about his customers, swapping out the phone with fixed antenna is customer service.
    I have proximity sensor issue so I had to jailbreak my phone so I can get the app to lock my screen once a call connection is made.

As long as people rush out to get the latest and greatest Apple product, there is no incentive for Apple to get their act together. Why pay to beta test something when consumers would pay you to become beta testers?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    iPhone sales numbers alone prove your argument is irrelevant.

Please restrain yourself from procreating.
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseDegenerate View Post
    You need a ban. Really. Samsung and Google also spent more money on patents than R&D too. It's sick and sad for all of them,
    Are these hateful posts really needed in a place of discussion? There is no intelligence here.

but if you think your going to find sympathy coming here, your crazy. Which is why i think your just a troll, that should be banned.
    No, I would say people like your self seem to be the real trolls here, throwing around insults so causally instead of actually attempting to address someone else's points, despite your feelings towards them. In other words, grow up. If you can't discuss things in a civil manner, then maybe it would be better if you didn't post at all then.

Banned
    Thanks

apple's reply to the developers was that "YOU'RE holding, I mean DEVELOPING IT WRONG"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You need a ban. Really. Samsung and Google also spent more money on patents than R&D too. It's sick and sad for all of them, but if you think your going to find sympathy coming here, your crazy. Which is why i think your just a troll, that should be banned.
    Please refrain from posting your useless banter. What part of "apple ignored devs" is not understood?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dpapag View Post
    Please refrain from posting your useless banter. What part of "apple ignored devs" is not understood?
    The part in quotes?
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12