+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mock Up: How the App Switcher Should Be On the iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
you mean 4g (in the pic it says 3g)
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    you mean 4g (in the pic it says 3g)

h2a
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GTRagnarok View Post
    Also needs a "clear all" button.
    why? i don't understand the obsession with removing recently used applications from the multitasking bar. since multitasking has been available for the iPhone, i have NEVER done that... probably because I understand how iOS multitasking works.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you want a iPhone to be a Android then get a Android. So you can watch a video and text....WOW!!!!!!!!!!! I'm blown away. Apple has an identity just like android does but both need improvement

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    why? i don't understand the obsession with removing recently used applications from the multitasking bar. since multitasking has been available for the iPhone, i have NEVER done that... probably because I understand how iOS multitasking works.
    The huge problem with IOS multitasking is you dont know what is running and what was recently ran.
    If your on a jailbreakable IOS then jailbreak and get "SwitcherCleaner" from Cydia. It will only show what is actually running making it a true multitasking bar not a recently ran bar.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The iPad has a whole lot more screen real estate that the iPhone 5 and apple didn't tweak the bar much so don't expect it to happen with the new device until a jailbreak arrives

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

and what would be the benefit of that new multitasking-design?

Thanks

That is CLEAN....
    Hope to see this in real life!

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 808 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by georgeD View Post
    and what would be the benefit of that new multitasking-design?
    Better use of the extra pixels. Looks better and has more functions.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,856 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    The huge problem with IOS multitasking is you dont know what is running and what was recently ran.
    If your on a jailbreakable IOS then jailbreak and get "SwitcherCleaner" from Cydia. It will only show what is actually running making it a true multitasking bar not a recently ran bar.
    The way iOS works there is nothing technically "running" in the background other than I your listening up music or something.

Apple simply freezes the last state of your app when you leave it. That state is saved in "wired" memory. All wired memory is, is memory used to store an image of an apps last state. Now when your phone starts getting low on total memory. It will recycle the wired memory.

So really everyone thinks that there phones need more memory because try see they only have 33 mb available. When in reality you most likely have 800 mb available because 80 percent of your memory os being used with apps that you have opened.

Remember. Wired memory is not doing anything. Only active processes using active memory are.

And yes switcher does list in order of last opened. Ap it does show you most recent.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    There is no way Apple will ever let their iPhones do that as its not boring. Apple have to keep it to their gray boring standard.
    What is constantly boring is reading your boring posts. Do you really think you are doing something special by posting that you can watch a movie in the background? Go on the Android forum.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I only sort of have one problem with this.

Sliders in the app switcher are always a pain. Accidental adjustments when attempting to change panels.

It's the only reason I don't use tweaks with them. Maybe if they're low like that, they won't be though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6309phone View Post
    What is constantly boring is reading your boring posts. Do you really think you are doing something special by posting that you can watch a movie in the background? Go on the Android forum.
    If people want to do that then jailbreak and download music controls pro from Cydia (great tweak btw) if however like 90% of this forum you don't need to background a video then don't do it...

Thanks

It would be great if this worked on an iphone 4, but its too bad that even if something would show up on cydia, i would not be able to use it because my phone was stolen and thrown into a creek. ;p

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12