+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple, Samsung, and Google Spent More on Patents and Lawsuits Than R&D Last Year

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by NakedFaerie THATS why we are getting crap iPhones. If they did more for their actual devices then they would have the number one phone everyone would want,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    THATS why we are getting crap iPhones. If they did more for their actual devices then they would have the number one phone everyone would want, instead they sue everyone and release a crap device.

I've been telling everyone Apple don't do business the right way and this just proves it.

I think the courts should order Apple to stop sueing and start making a better device.
    LMAO I think we are all a little dumber after reading this post.

Thanks

Work together?? hahahaha! Ya right! That's like asking Democrats and Republicans to actually fix something hahaha! "can't we all just get along?" haha! 3Billion could have been used on something better than an argument im sure we all agree to that yikes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Work together?? hahahaha! Ya right! That's like asking Democrats and Republicans to actually fix something hahaha! "can't we all just get along?" haha! 3Billion could have been used on something better than an argument im sure we all agree to that yikes.
    ^My thoughts exactly

Thanks

I think most of you missed the part in the NYT quotes that said "spending by Apple and Google on patent lawsuits and unusually big-dollar patent purchases." So they're not just spending on patent lawsuits, but they are buying patents (and technology) too. Those patent purchases include buying other companies and intellectual property. The NYT article is a bit misleading in that respect in that they seem to be implying that Apple (and Google) is spending more on litigation than on R&D.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nakedfaerie View Post
    thats why we are getting crap iphones. If they did more for their actual devices then they would have the number one phone everyone would want, instead they sue everyone and release a crap device.

I've been telling everyone apple don't do business the right way and this just proves it.

I think the courts should order apple to stop sueing and start making a better device.
    kwaasiaa

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HCWHunter View Post
    I think most of you missed the part in the NYT quotes that said "spending by Apple and Google on patent lawsuits and unusually big-dollar patent purchases." So they're not just spending on patent lawsuits, but they are buying patents (and technology) too. Those patent purchases include buying other companies and intellectual property. The NYT article is a bit misleading in that respect in that they seem to be implying that Apple (and Google) is spending more on litigation than on R&D.
    No actually that's not what the article is implying at all. Did you even bother reading it?

Modmyi's cut and scaled version of this article implies that.

The NYT article is actually quite well done, and it has nothing to do with the litigation between Samsung and Apple - or any other company. It gives examples, but nothing more. It is more about the patent system, and how it hinders innovation, and where our innovation now days is coming from - and how the major corporations inhibit that growth abusing the broken system. And it's fact, it's true. Innovation comes from these small companies - for example, like Siri - Apple didn't create it, they bought it. It went through the patent office 11 times since 2004 - as a concept - and as a finished product in the form of Siri.

Read the article - it's interesting in the least and outlines problems. People here are so biased they don't see the problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slimz View Post
    No actually that's not what the article is implying at all. Did you even bother reading it?

Modmyi's cut and scaled version of this article implies that.

The NYT article is actually quite well done, and it has nothing to do with the litigation between Samsung and Apple - or any other company. It gives examples, but nothing more. It is more about the patent system, and how it hinders innovation, and where our innovation now days is coming from - and how the major corporations inhibit that growth abusing the broken system. And it's fact, it's true. Innovation comes from these small companies - for example, like Siri - Apple didn't create it, they bought it. It went through the patent office 11 times since 2004 - as a concept - and as a finished product in the form of Siri.

Read the article - it's interesting in the least and outlines problems. People here are so biased they don't see the problem.
    I did actually read the NYT article, but I didn't comment on the NYT article, I commented on this article and the readers' comments on the article.

As for the patents problem, yes there may be a problem but Apple didn't create the system. Apple has been copied by competitors on several major products and decided to try to protect their property as much as possible and to slow down the rip-offs. The fact that they are the largest company in the business makes them a target for patent suits as well. While overly broad patents may hinder competition, properly issued patents don't hinder innovation, they hinder others copying your innovation and marketing it. That's not to say that the patent system can't be made better. That would be a good thing.

HW

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Agreed same here. It works perfect in my area
    Thanks for the info!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12