Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Cutting Cancelation and Return Grace Periods From 30 Days to 14 Days

Default AT&T Cutting Cancelation and Return Grace Periods From 30 Days to 14 Days

Tomorrow AT&T will cut their returns and cancellation period in half.

Yes, as if AT&T and the other telecom providers already didnít enjoy screwing customers over enough the company plans to shorten the time consumers have to return a phone, or cancel their service from 30 days to 14 days. Good news for prospective buyers in California, their return and cancellation period will remain the same as California law requires nothing less than a 30-day grace period.

Now, consumers might wonder what all of this means. Basically, this is a move by AT&T that allows them to charge customers an EFT (early termination fee) two weeks earlier. Before customers had a full 30 days to decide if they wanted to keep a device, or service and cancel the service or return the item without fear of being charged an insanely massive EFT.

This move shouldnít come as a surprise, and Iím honestly surprised it hasnít happened sooner. Two weeks should be plenty of time to tell if you hate something or not, but there are always exceptions and unique circumstances that can prevent people from returning their devices in a timely manner.

Shared data. Data caps. Actually charging for texts. Activation fees. EFTs. Data throttling. Remember these are all features, and in the best interest of the consumer.

Source: Engadget

iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Thanks

cali baby...

And Phillip what's your average data usage?

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 Times in 750 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by back9player View Post
    cali baby...
    +1 on this one LOL :P

Quote Originally Posted by eightyk88 View Post
    *etf
    +1

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

So he goes from saying consumers are getting screwed enough to saying that two weeks should be plenty of time to decide if you want to keep the phone. Tell us how you really feel...lol

Might be the only good thing about living in CA...

I think the new Nokia did this before with ATT and now is being applied to the iPhone

Glad I switched to straight talk as I don't use more then 1gb a month.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

helo. does any one have information regarding iphone. where should i go to unlock iphone??

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

What he failed to tell you in his AT&T hate rant is that Sprint and Verizon are already 14 days.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
    So he goes from saying consumers are getting screwed enough to saying that two weeks should be plenty of time to decide if you want to keep the phone. Tell us how you really feel...lol
    I noticed this as well as I read the article. Reminds me of a local news channel covering politics...They tell you one side of the story, then the other, but you can always tell if they lean left or right. Either that, or two different people wrote this article!

Anyways, I live in Cali, so i am not really affected. The guy who said that having 30 days instead of 14 days to RETURN A CELL PHONE is the ONLY good thing about living in Cali....really needs to get out more... That, or he just doesn't enjoy amazing weather, the ocean, a plethora of beautiful women, bbq's at the beach in December, and once again....beautiful women everywhere!

Back on topic....I really do believe 14 days is plenty of time to basically test drive a iPhone, android, windows phone, whatever your flavor may be. These things are expensive, not only for the customer, but for the carriers selling them. Imagine being able to test drive a Lamborghini for 14 days....Sounds good to me!

Just don't think this is a big deal...I actually think its a smart, and fair (that's rare) move by AT&T. They are in the business of selling phones, not renting them out.
    El Zurdo

Thanks

You said EFT every time, when it stands for Early Termination Fee

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    I noticed this as well as I read the article. Reminds me of a local news channel covering politics...They tell you one side of the story, then the other, but you can always tell if they lean left or right. Either that, or two different people wrote this article!

Anyways, I live in Cali, so i am not really affected. The guy who said that having 30 days instead of 14 days to RETURN A CELL PHONE is the ONLY good thing about living in Cali....really needs to get out more... That, or he just doesn't enjoy amazing weather, the ocean, a plethora of beautiful women, bbq's at the beach in December, and once again....beautiful women everywhere!

Back on topic....I really do believe 14 days is plenty of time to basically test drive a iPhone, android, windows phone, whatever your flavor may be. These things are expensive, not only for the customer, but for the carriers selling them. Imagine being able to test drive a Lamborghini for 14 days....Sounds good to me!

Just don't think this is a big deal...I actually think its a smart, and fair (that's rare) move by AT&T. They are in the business of selling phones, not renting them out.
    U are just as bad as the other guy. You are stereotyping yourself. There are beautiful women everywhere on earth. One more stereotype you left is the obnoxious personality of Californians
    Last edited by *T*; 10-08-2012 at 06:17 AM.

this is just an example that AT&T can't handle the competition anymore and are doing any dirty trick to keep their costumers with their stupid 2 year plan.

Quote Originally Posted by eightyk88 View Post
    *etf
    +1 come on now. You tell us what it stands for and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
    He's obviously being sarcastic...

14 day returns as standard in uk for changing your mind. 28 days if faulty

Add me to the etf list.

I don't feel 14 days is enough. I had mine iphone 5 for 12 days which would have just made the cut off.
    I returned my iphone 5 because even on LTE I'm being throttled to .5 down .5 up. I was getting 25-55Mbps when not throttled, F that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast