+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases Support Document About iPhone 5 Camera's 'Purple Haze'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by joshlogic No, they don't. Did you see the side by side panel above? Actually, it's any camera with the lowlight capabilities that the iPhone 5 has.
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshlogic View Post
    No, they don't. Did you see the side by side panel above?
    Actually, it's any camera with the lowlight capabilities that the iPhone 5 has.

Green Apple
    Thanks

And they couldnt say anything about the wifi issues. I havet even heard of this purple thing.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

People who does not have this problem, great! lucky you.
    How do you know you are the small percentage that does not have this problem?
    Apple did not make people buy this product, but people did not see disclaimer stating "by buying this product you may take purple haze in your picture" so they have informed purchase. This would be called bait and switch.
    BTW they ALSO compared iPhone 5 to an iPhone 4S, now if the camera in 4S is fine then it is 5 that has problem.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to unison999 For This Useful Post:

alanjf (10-07-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The writing is on the wall. Apple is going to be critically drug through the mud until failure & job loss. People will dance like they've won something.

Just tested it with my friend's 5. No purple haze issue.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 720 Posts

I too have this purple haze but not "as" bad. Plus I don't give a ****

Thanks

"Dont hold it that way."
    "Dont point it that way."
    "Of course Aluminum is prone to scratching, thats why we made this top end device with such a fragile surface."
    "IOS6 maps are dead on. The problem is Google maps was so messed up and people were just used to using Google"

Sorry guys, I have grown tired of Apple and their business practices. Be it the way they treat customers or how the people who assemble the products are treated. As well as I am just bored with seeing the same phone released every year and everyone has to sleep a week out in some line to buy the phone they already own.

Also the a post above me that complained about "bait and switch", LMFAO!!! Its your own fault for rushing out to buy a product on day 1. If money is a problem for you then you should not buy day 1. You should take "personal responsibility" for your own actions. Wait a few days to a week to see user reviews before you buy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *Dont get me wrong. I LOVE my iPhone. I just wont be updating anytime in the near future.
    **I am sorry if anyone was offended by the words "personal responsibility".

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,755 Times in 699 Posts

why is it that Appl£ answers every iPhone issue with the users holding it wrong, they take our money and blame us if there is an issue.

bring back the days when the customer is always right, even if they're wrong
    Last edited by dsg; 10-07-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pizentu View Post
    "Dont hold it that way."
    "Dont point it that way."
    "Of course Aluminum is prone to scratching, thats why we made this top end device with such a fragile surface."
    "IOS6 maps are dead on. The problem is Google maps was so messed up and people were just used to using Google"

Sorry guys, I have grown tired of Apple and their business practices. Be it the way they treat customers or how the people who assemble the products are treated. As well as I am just bored with seeing the same phone released every year and everyone has to sleep a week out in some line to buy the phone they already own.

Also the a post above me that complained about "bait and switch", LMFAO!!! Its your own fault for rushing out to buy a product on day 1. If money is a problem for you then you should not buy day 1. You should take "personal responsibility" for your own actions. Wait a few days to a week to see user reviews before you buy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *Dont get me wrong. I LOVE my iPhone. I just wont be updating anytime in the near future.
    **I am sorry if anyone was offended by the words "personal responsibility".
    none of those quotes are actually real.. the closest to real is dont hold it that way and thats not even the spot on quote..

seriously i agree apple hasnt been on their game lately but still. Media just gives apple tons of crap you dont ever hear about all the crappy touchscreens millions of other smartphones have. or the fact that samsung/droid products are horrible at using ram and you constantly need to manually close apps because they dont have an os that auto controls ram use. there are plenty of problems with all phones. media just hates on apple because its so universal that people will view every article about it

all lenses fragment light in someway so if light hits it at a certain angle it will show a different color..

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    why is it that Appl£ answers every iPhone issue with the users holding it wrong
    In my opinion, they are justified to inform customers that they are using the product incorrectly. If someone walks into Home Depot and buys a hammer and smacks their thumb instead of the nail they intended to hit, then the maker of the hammer has the right to say the hammer was used incorrectly when the user complains that the hammer hurt them and the nail wasn’t driven into the wood.

In this case, it’s almost as simple as the hammer mentioned above. Consumer cameras are not made to be directly pointed at lights, just as hammers are not made to smack thumbs. Every camera in the world causes a glare when you shine it at a light, just as every hammer will hurt your thumb when you smack it. This is a drawback of using glass as the lens – glass is a shiny object and causes glare. In most photography courses, you’re going to be taught to take a picture with the light and not against it. There is a very important reasoning behind this logic – it creates better photos.

Just my two cents.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Its the ghost of Jimi Hendrix doing that!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eiswritsat View Post
    OH, Lord. I swear its always something. A small number of people have a issue and it gets blown out to astronomical proportion. I have no issues with my iPhone 5 I just went outside and took 10 shots in the sun no purple haze....
    1) Do you know for a fact that this is only affecting a small amount of people as you say? (Please cite.)

2) So because you don't have an issue means no body else does? Maybe if you didn't have such a self-centered world view, you'd be able to notice that this problem is rather unique to the iPhone 5.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

My iPhone 5 doesn't have this problem.

iPhone? More like MyPhone runey71's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this meant to effect all iPhone 5s? Cause I've been trying to replicate it on mine, and my girlfriends, iPhones and so far can't. Just get the normal flare that I would expect from any camera (including my DSLR).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by runey71 View Post
    Is this meant to effect all iPhone 5s? Cause I've been trying to replicate it on mine, and my girlfriends, iPhones and so far can't. Just get the normal flare that I would expect from any camera (including my DSLR).
    It is not yet known if it affects every iPhone 5 unit or just a small amount of them. Some people claim that they can't reproduce the issue, but this could just be because of the camera conditions that are difficult to reproduce. It doesn't dismiss the possibility that all iPhone 5 units are affected. It might just mean that people have to try harder to reproduce the problem.

I don't have an iPhone 5 yet (still on backorder) to try reproducing the purple camera haze, but I'll certainly be trying when it finally gets here...

dsg
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    In my opinion, they are justified to inform customers that they are using the product incorrectly. If someone walks into Home Depot and buys a hammer and smacks their thumb instead of the nail they intended to hit, then the maker of the hammer has the right to say the hammer was used incorrectly when the user complains that the hammer hurt them and the nail wasn’t driven into the wood.

In this case, it’s almost as simple as the hammer mentioned above. Consumer cameras are not made to be directly pointed at lights, just as hammers are not made to smack thumbs. Every camera in the world causes a glare when you shine it at a light, just as every hammer will hurt your thumb when you smack it. This is a drawback of using glass as the lens – glass is a shiny object and causes glare. In most photography courses, you’re going to be taught to take a picture with the light and not against it. There is a very important reasoning behind this logic – it creates better photos.

Just my two cents.
    thats the shittest analogy Ive ever heard, everybody who's used a hammer has hit them self at least once, and nobody I know would complain to the manufacturer about it.

Appl£ should have added some instructions in how to use the camera correctly and not patronize they're customers, by telling them there 'holding it wrong'

p.s. not everybody is a photography graduate
    Last edited by dsg; 10-07-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Thanks

thats the shittest analogy Ive ever heard, everybody who's used a hammer has hit them self at least once, and nobody I know would complain to the manufacturer about it.

Appl£ should have added some instructions in how to use the camera correctly and not patronize they're customers, by telling them there 'holding it wrong'

p.s. not everybody is a photography graduate
    I don't think anyone needs to be a photography graduate to know that light will cause a glare on a glass lens, but the analogy goes to show that a user can use an object incorrectly by accident.

dsg
    Thanks

but the analogy goes to show that a user can use an object incorrectly by accident.
    it's still a bad analogy.

I don't think anyone needs to be a photography graduate to know that light will cause a glare on a glass lens
    true, but they could have used an anti glare coating like you can get on glasses(spectacles)

Thanks

it's still a bad analogy.
    It was an attempt.

Frowny face, nonetheless.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

dsg (10-07-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by znbl View Post
    1) Do you know for a fact that this is only affecting a small amount of people as you say? (Please cite.)

2) So because you don't have an issue means no body else does? Maybe if you didn't have such a self-centered world view, you'd be able to notice that this problem is rather unique to the iPhone 5.
    LOL @ Self-centered world view, based on your statement, that goes both ways.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Its simple buy an iphone 4. Its got a better battery than the 4s and 5, but also only has 1 thing wrong with it but the bumpers fix it lol