+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Control Your iOS Device With a Bluetooth Mouse or Trackpad With 'BTC Mouse & Trackpad'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
iOS developer Matthias Ringwald has released a new jailbreak tweak called BTC Mouse & Trackpad that allows you to control your iOS device with a Bluetooth mouse or trackpad. In
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Control Your iOS Device With a Bluetooth Mouse or Trackpad With 'BTC Mouse & Trackpad'

iOS developer Matthias Ringwald has released a new jailbreak tweak called BTC Mouse & Trackpad that allows you to control your iOS device with a Bluetooth mouse or trackpad. In addition, you can use a Bluetooth keyboard and a Bluetooth mouse or trackpad at the same time, which can help make your mobile device feel more comfortable to use while at home if you prefer the computer-style controls. Check out the video demonstration above.

When you install the tweak, you will be able to pair Bluetooth computer mouse and trackpad devices with your iOS device along with any keyboards right from iOS’ native Bluetooth options in the Settings application. All Bluetooth HID keyboards and Bluetooth HID computer mice that Apple has supported since iOS 3.2 will work with BTC Mouse & Trackpad. The tweak also supports all of Apple's Bluetooth pointing devices such as the Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad, but the developer warns that multi-touch gestures aren't supported yet.

The tweak has the ability to automatically reconnect, so even when your device is in sleep mode, you can use your Bluetooth device, such as a mouse or trackpad, to wake up your device and click and drag to unlock the lock screen.

As you use the mouse, your movement will be duplicated on the iOS device’s screen with a pointer just like on your personal computer. Clicking will perform the same action as tapping. In certain applications, even the scroll wheel in the middle of the Bluetooth mouse can be used.

While using a Bluetooth mouse, the buttons perform the following functions:
    • Left button
      • Performs a tap
    • Right button
      • Performs the function of the home button
    • Middle button
      • Switches vertical movements to zooming in and zooming out
    • Scroll wheel
      • Pages through the home screen and performs zooming function in applications

BTC Mouse & Trackpad will be useful for people that use Jump Desktop, as it is fully compatible and allows you to use the Bluetooth mouse to control the remote desktop right from your iOS device. BTC Mouse & Trackpad will also support remote right clicking, which is done much easier with a mouse than using the touch controls given to you normally.

Another unique feature that BTC Mouse & Trackpad comes with is presentation mode, which can be enabled from your Bluetooth settings when you install the tweak. With presentation mode, you can turn your left and right clicks into left and right swipes for moving between presentation slides in applications such as Apple’s Keynote.

As a special offer, if you currently own the BTstack Keyboard package in Cydia, then BTC Mouse & Trackpad can be yours for 50% off. The regular price of BTC Mouse & Trackpad is $4.98 and it’s available in the BigBoss repo today. BTC Mouse & Trackpad will work on iOS 4.0 to iOS 5.1.1 on the following devices:

• iPod touch 2G
    • iPod touch 3G
    • iPod touch 4G
    • iPhone 3GS
    • iPhone 4
    • iPhone 4S
    • iPad
    • iPad 2
    • The new iPad

BTC Mouse & Trackpad is a totally cool tweak; check it out if you have some Bluetooth hardware laying around!

Sources: Matthias Ringwald

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That is great! Hopefully it will get integrated with splashtop. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and ill be playing battlefield 3 remotely :P

Banned
    Thanks

This is a really cool tweak.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slayorktc View Post
    That is great! Hopefully it will get integrated with splashtop. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and ill be playing battlefield 3 remotely :P
    +1

Thanks

hope it works for magic mouse

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,408 Times in 665 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kuanyu View Post
    hope it works for magic mouse
    It does according to the story above.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow seriously? I think you could do this with android way back in 2.2. Look out time to sue apple they stole the idea

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Wow seriously? I think you could do this with android way back in 2.2. Look out time to sue apple they stole the idea
    mod edit/

No one truly cares if any other device could do this "first" or not, Because seriously so what?

And next this is not an apple idea or tweak its a Jailbreak tweak by an independent developer.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 10-07-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBlue View Post

No one truly cares if any other device could do this "first" or not, Because seriously so what?

And next this is not an apple idea or tweak its a Jailbreak tweak by an independent developer.
    +1 lol.

P.S. I can really see this working well with quasar on the ipad. This is an amazing tweak!
    Last edited by blkcadi; 10-07-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Thanks

This works great on my iphone 5, I highly recommend it!

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Why in the world would anyone want to do this? Struggle with some bluetooth device to remotely make a cursor move on the iPhone screen - sheesh - just reach over and use your finger.

Thanks

will be great with draw something!!!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Why in the world would anyone want to do this? Struggle with some bluetooth device to remotely make a cursor move on the iPhone screen - sheesh - just reach over and use your finger.
    Ah, the typical "I'd have no purpose for this so why would they even make it?!" response.
    Last edited by Gamemaster77; 10-06-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I agree with you in part of your statement in which you say about the size of the iPhone screen, but just imagine. I think this will work great on the iPad especially with other JB tweaks like Quasar which gives true multi-windowed multitasking and as someone above said even appstore remote display apps like splashtop desktop will benefit from this tweak.

Just my 2cents with peace.

P.S. The dev might not have access to a JBroken iPad to display the tweak as its much easier to get access to a JBroken iPhone 4 than it is a A5+ device.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    This works great on my iphone 5, I highly recommend it!

Intelligence is high in this one is master.
    Last edited by dopeyrat; 10-06-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Thanks

teacher using idevice to teach and is projecting image on anothe screen. great use there. just because u don't find use for it doesn't mean someone else won't. I have 0 use for printing from my iPhone. but the feature is there for those who care to do so.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dopeyrat View Post
    I agree with you in part of your statement in which you say about the size of the iPhone screen, but just imagine. I think this will work great on the iPad especially with other JB tweaks like Quasar which gives true multi-windowed multitasking and as someone above said even appstore remote display apps like splashtop desktop will benefit from this tweak.

Just my 2cents with peace.

P.S. The dev might not have access to a JBroken iPad to display the tweak as its much easier to get access to a JBroken iPhone 4 than it is a A5+ device.

Intelligence is high in this one is master.

I have an idea______. Fill in the blank

Thanks

there's an app that turn your iPhone into a Bluetooth mouse called WeBe++
    can this tweak work with that?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh,it's pretty cool,BTW,I think that writing with fingers will be faster then on BT KB

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iDenizkO View Post
    Oh,it's pretty cool,BTW,I think that writing with fingers will be faster then on BT KB
    agreed, how would this be helpful? Cool I guess.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    how would this be helpful?
    Allows for remote control using a Bluetooth mouse. Paired with presentation mode, it gives an instructor the ability to hold a presentation with Keynote without being anywhere near the iOS device; both with keyboard or pointing device.

Additionally, it doesn't feel right to use your fingers on an iPad when you're using a Bluetooth keyboard to type, so it makes it feel more like a personal computer when you're typing on a keyboard and you have mouse control – great for applications like Pages. The mouse can be used to highlight text and all that other good stuff.

This tweak isn't something you will use on the go – it's aimed at the person choosing to sit at a desk.