Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Want a Dock for the iPhone 5? - There's Still Hope!

Quote Originally Posted by alanjf View Post
    No offense, but are you just reading the marketing text? From the tests that I've personally seen, there is no speed difference when syncing/transferring, when compared to the 4S, as both are pretty much maxing out USB 2.0. And guess what, the 30-pin connector is digital too. The Lightening connector is just a different end for the same cable, which connects to USB on the other.
    There is a speed difference (about 10% faster). Here is an example:

Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-06-2012 at 04:47 PM.

should of made it like the orig dock where it sits in a bit. this will increase the stability of the dock. if lean in to it, you'll probably brake the lightning plug inside the phone

Quote Originally Posted by zues79 View Post
    This person is talking about the connector that goes to the iPhone only not the end that goes to the computer. It's similar to a MacBook charger.
    Ok I misread that part; I understand that he meant that the device-end of a lighting cable can be turned in either direction and it'll work.Yes, that is cool, not even USB can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Lol yep. That guy is pretty dumb.
    Oh, that's right, you've never misread anything and are a perfect individual with zero flaws. How silly of me, I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    There is a speed difference (about 10% faster).
    The problem with that comparison, if that it's not just the cables being compared, but two different devices, one with twice as much ram and a faster CPU, among other hardware upgrades. A better test would be to use the same device (either a 4S or a 5 with an appropriate adapter.) Secondly, the iPhone 5 finished 4 seconds faster, which is well within the margin of error, especially when has no idea of what else was running on the system during either test. Also, I'm not sure if iTunes is the best program for doing benchmarking with. What I do know is that the 4S can max out USB 2.0, as can the 5, so it seems impossible to say if lightning really is faster, until they can both be tested on a faster bus like USB 3.0 or Thunder Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    I know plenty of girls that are pros with wood And they cant yet make iphone docks....i would buy the wood one
    I know plenty of girls that are pros with the mourning wood. Don't know what wood you're talking about...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'll take 10% slower for far more interface functionality and a few grams any day? The iPhone went from a multimedia power house to an iPod with video.

My truck stereo has a fantastic interface, but not with the iPhone 5

Stream Netflix to a tv or computer screen without any other device. Not now.

Camera connection, hdmi, VGA, full user interface on head unit, inexpensive cables, fully functional docking stations, gone.

A lot was given up for 10% more speed and to cater to the challenged that can't figure out how to plug a cable in.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    I'll take 10% slower for far more interface functionality and a few grams any day? The iPhone went from a multimedia power house to an iPod with video.

My truck stereo has a fantastic interface, but not with the iPhone 5

Stream Netflix to a tv or computer screen without any other device. Not now.

Camera connection, hdmi, VGA, full user interface on head unit, inexpensive cables, fully functional docking stations, gone.

A lot was given up for 10% more speed and to cater to the challenged that can't figure out how to plug a cable in.
    It isn't the end of the world. I'm sure all of this technology you speak of will adapt to the new technology. Someone had to make it compatible with the 30-pin connector in the first place and I foresee the same happening for the new Lightning connector.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jery911 View Post
    that thing is ugly, i like the orignal style better, where your phone sits inside the dock.
    iPhone 5 aluminum coating scratch just watching it and you want a dock where the iPhone can sit inside of it? You are crazy.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The speed increase is probably more from faster flash memory rather than the cable. It's not a fair comparison in that video. You'd need an iPhone 5 with a 30pin connector to make a definitive comparison.

At the end of the day current flash memory is still not going to max out the speed of USB 2.0 so having a Thunderbolt, FireWire, USB 3.0 connection would be of no benefit whatsoever.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

szr (10-09-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    I know plenty of girls that are pros with the mourning wood. Don't know what wood you're talking about...
    C'mon, guys. Grow up. This forum is about tech stuff - not 'adult video'.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

I got my iPhone 5 the first day it shipped and I personally like the new 30-pin connecter. Now saying that, I only like it because it can be plugged in either way. I haven't noticed a difference in sync speed and all of my speakers now require an AUX cord, opposed to the nice integrated dock for the previous model iPhones. I never really thought of Apple doing what they did for the money, but after seeing this, and all the scruffs that came with my iPhone, I don't know what to think.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,253 Times in 1,384 Posts

Well.....
    I got tired of waiting for an updated iPhone 5 dock, so I went ahead and made my own!

-I used my old 3GS/4/4S Sinjimoru Dock (aka Sync Stand) and an old, generic 30-Pin cord.

-I pulled the guts out of the 30-Pin plug and Dremeled it to accommodate the Lightning Plug.

-That's it!!!

...no big deal...

...just FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!! ;-)

-img_0972.jpg-img_0978.jpg-img_0979.jpg-img_0973.jpg-img_0974.jpg-img_0975.jpg-img_0976.jpg-img_0977.jpg
    Last edited by thazsar; 10-30-2012 at 11:06 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

bubble.tea (11-02-2012), darwina (10-31-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Well.....
    I got tired of waiting for an updated iPhone 5 dock, so I went ahead and made my own!

-I used my old 3GS/4/4S Sinjimoru Dock (aka Sync Stand) and an old, generic 30-Pin cord.

-I pulled the guts out of the 30-Pin plug and Dremeled it to accommodate the Lightning Plug.

-That's it!!!

...no big deal...

...just FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!! ;-)

-img_0972.jpg-img_0978.jpg-img_0979.jpg-img_0973.jpg-img_0974.jpg-img_0975.jpg-img_0976.jpg-img_0977.jpg
    Pretty resourceful! Well done!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Green Apple
    Thanks

deal extreme has a dock... not sure if it actually works though...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darwina View Post
    deal extreme has a dock... not sure if it actually works though...
    Not sure if that'll accommodate a case, though. Doesn't look like it me...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    can i put in an order ?
    2G>3G (suffered with Zagg Applications on the back curvature LOL)>3GS>4(relished in the flat surfaces, facilitating the application of Zagg)>4S(bumper, then only Zagg, 3 drops total lol)>
    iPhone 5, currently still in stasis, as I can't restore my years of SMS db's., so not sure what to do. Oh and the fact that I can't enjoy my Uber JB'd Tweaked up the Yizzo 4S, is really making this conversion difficult .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bubble.tea View Post
    can i put in an order ?
    It's easier than u think! I'll put together a tutorial on my website and/or MMI and post the link on here.

All u have to do ahead of time is buy the Sinjimoru dock *w/ the cable* from Amazon...it's only $20!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is...sprefix=Sinjim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12