Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to 'Shake' Things Up with iOS Printing Options

Thanks
    Thanked 3,261 Times in 1,388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    Two words: net genie

True it's a workaround but I can print to my older canon wifi printer from all my iOS devices.
    Question: Do I have to have a Netgear Router for this to work?

I have Verizon FIOS w/ their Wireless Router and although the Netgear Genie Program shows my Wireless Printer, my iDevice still can't see it.

I'm wondering if I need to pull my old Netgear router out of retirement and see if that fixes the problem...

Also...for those that are suggesting TruPrint; I'm solely using my ip5 and selling my 4S. I need a solution that doesn't require a jailbreak...

Default yah
    Quote Originally Posted by znbl View Post
    TruPrint is nice, though having support for printing via SMB (a printer shared via Windows, or Samba on Linux and UNIX systems.) Yes, people still use Windows printer sharing, especially in offices (in my line of work, I go to many different offices all the time and rarely see any where printers aren't just shared via a Windows server.)
    Yes,I agree Truprint is best,Most of offices are using Windows printer sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by znbl View Post
    TruPrint is nice, though having support for printing via SMB (a printer shared via Windows, or Samba on Linux and UNIX systems.) Yes, people still use Windows printer sharing, especially in offices (in my line of work, I go to many different offices all the time and rarely see any where printers aren't just shared via a Windows server.)
    yes,Truprint is best option.Most of offices are using Windows printer sharing.
    Last edited by Mario Cain; 10-06-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Default Hi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Cain View Post
    Yes,I agree Truprint is best,Most of offices are using Windows printer sharing.

yes,Truprint is best option.Most of offices are using Windows printer sharing.
    What is going on.

They already shook things up with the iPhone 5.

I have to laugh at some of these because you could do this with android in 2.3 with an app without needing to jailbreak/root the device.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    your lucky i bought a 150 dollar canon wifi model printer and i cant print to it ugh i could when i had truprint but now that i have my iphone 5 i dont have a jailbreak so cant use that anymore

I have a dell all in one wifi printer I'm able to print (AirPrint) wise straight from my phone directly

I've tried truprint to print to my wifi HP printer, but the app wouldn't even detect my printer.

TruPrint opens AirPrint to different printers.you get a 3-day trial to ensure compatibility with your printers.

buckysam have you tried the hp app HP ePrint?
    also you can print from an ipad iphone etc by trying printcentral or print n share from the app store
    i use both, but gutted as they are now half price!!! and i only downloaded mine the week before! ah well

Quote Originally Posted by mondaygal View Post
    buckysam have you tried the hp app HP ePrint?
    also you can print from an ipad iphone etc by trying printcentral or print n share from the app store
    i use both, but gutted as they are now half price!!! and i only downloaded mine the week before! ah well
    None of that worked with any of my HP Printers. Printing with an iPhone is a joke.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by towboattrash34 View Post
    None of that worked with any of my HP Printers. Printing with an iPhone is a joke.
    I'm in the same "trashy boat!" w/ my Canon Printer...

See what I did there! 😉

Hardy-har-har-har!!! ...I'm an idiot...
    Last edited by thazsar; 10-08-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I'm in the same "trashy boat!" w/ my Canon Printer...

See what I did there! ��

Hardy-har-har-har!!! ...I'm an idiot...
    Well, I am sure you are not idiot but how it is.

Thanks

So this is interesting...

I have the Netgear Genie program installed and originally thought it didn't work cuz my ip5 doesn't see my printer. I just tried to 'see my printer' using my jailbroken iPad on iOS 5.1.1 and it detected it! *BTW, I don't have TruPrint installed on the iPad*

Then, I decided to try my wife's ip4S w/ iOS 6 and it doesn't see the printer, either!?!? So it must be an iOS 6 issue; I just wish I knew how to create a workaround...

--------------
    Ah-ha!!!

Printopia solved the problem! My ip5 now sees the printer and even more if I choose! It lets me send to my Dropbox Folder on my Mac and then I can access the Document on my phone through the Dropbox.app!!! SWEET...this is way better than AirPrint Activator!

BTW, iOS 6 is what killed AirPrint for a lot of people. Read several forums verifying this...
    Last edited by thazsar; 10-10-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12