Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Retail Staff Told to Address iOS 6 Maps Flaws

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Apple Retail Staff Told to Address iOS 6 Maps Flaws

Apple retail staff members have been given the order to be up front and direct with Apple customers regarding the widely reported and frequently bemoaned Apple Maps.

According to Gary Allen of ifoapplestore, Apple retail store managers "are asking store employees to report iOS 6 Maps app errors to help improve the database."

Jokingly, Allen suggested that "Oh, if only all Apple retail store employees could afford an iPhone? And could 40,000+ employees really put a dent in Maps app errors?

Before Tim Cook was backed into an awkward corner and forced to apologize for the the service that replaced Google maps on the platform, users were already bashing Apple's new Maps application, saying that glitches and inaccurate positioning data rendered their user experience void of any real excitement or satisfaction.

As of this writing, Apple maintains that it is "working hard" to rectify these issues with Maps.

Source: ifoapplestore

the only genius that can help you with the Maps app, is an astronaut giving you directions from the space station

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    the only genius that can help you with the Maps app, is an astronaut giving you directions from the space station
    That's a good bazinga.
    Sure he can see that far down?

iPhone? More like MyPhone kingchkn's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess because I utilize Navigon, I never really gave much thought to the Maps app. Is it really THAT bad, that his many people are up in arms?

Quote Originally Posted by kingchkn View Post
    I guess because I utilize Navigon, I never really gave much thought to the Maps app. Is it really THAT bad, that his many people are up in arms?
    Depends, ask and Apple Fanboi and they'll say it's all just a google/android conspiracy...

Ask an Android Fanboi (yes they exist) and they'll tell you the problem is much worse...

Ask a normal person and they say, hmm no GPS is 100% accurate...

Can't see how Apple store staff are going to improve the maps in my area being as the nearest Apple store is miles and miles away from my town

I've had no problems with the Apple Navi as I've used it to drive from Philly to West Virginia. It have me precise directions to & from, & I still was able to utilize my phone while navi was running... & Most of all, IT'S FREE! lol Too bad it doesn't work for everyone the way they want it too, but I really think this whole situation is blown out of proportion... But in a way, it's our(the Apple Fanboys) fault that it is because we hold Apple as the echelon of computing devices, so when a flaw is unearthed, the world is ready to break out the tar & feathers...

The app isn't all that bad until u try to do things like the 3d model and such. But like all new things it'll have glitches that will be taken care of ASAP. Ppl just need to learn how to wait it out until then.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    Brilliant.
    Nothing in life is easy.

Thanks

That's odd, last I checked we did this for all our products. Who doesn't like improvement..?

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    The app isn't all that bad until u try to do things like the 3d model and such. But like all new things it'll have glitches that will be taken care of ASAP. Ppl just need to learn how to wait it out until then.
    It's the same problem that's plagued high technology companies for the longest time: pushing out a product for public consumption before it's really finished and releasing patches afterward. Sometimes it's a publisher forcing an arbitrary deadline on a developer, or a developer trying to beat someone else to market or maintain a release schedule despite some things not being quite ready and fully tested yet. In this regard Apple is no different.

On the map app it states that the data is from TomTom. Maybe they need to answer a few questions also.

Quote Originally Posted by kingchkn View Post
    As with everything Apple, it's been over exaggerating. It's definitely not as comprehensive as google maps or navigon, but it's free and it has turn by turn which was the #1 reason I would still be using it over google maps if given the choice to use either one

Quote Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
    Depends, ask and Apple Fanboi and they'll say it's all just a google/android conspiracy...

Ask an Android Fanboi (yes they exist) and they'll tell you the problem is much worse...

Unfortunately, as a user of maps daily, yes, it's the worst I've seen. Never accurate. Miles and miles away.

Fanboys... But it has turn by turn... Yea, that way I get exactly to the wrong place!

They needed a fix yesterday!

I can't get over how bad the map of san francisco is how hard is it to label the piers, how about letting me search for a pier. How about not showing any and every search with the word pier on ******* pier street

Quote Originally Posted by kraziebone View Post
    As with everything Apple, it's been over exaggerating. It's definitely not as comprehensive as google maps or navigon, but it's free and it has turn by turn which was the #1 reason I would still be using it over google maps if given the choice to use either one
    So the question is, why the f*** would Apple strike a contract with TomTom (when anyone who has ever used their GPS can tell you how abysmally awful it is) instead of Navigon or Garmin?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

People are just stupid... there's nothing wrong with the map app .just like the media, attention is what the tech news wants just so you'll listen.... it's really dumb....

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnfelix View Post
    People are just stupid... there's nothing wrong with the map app .just like the media, attention is what the tech news wants just so you'll listen.... it's really dumb....
    Really, "people are just stupid"? Have you actually used Apple maps? Because if you have and still think "there's nothing wrong" with it, then you must be one of those people...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyphur View Post

Yeah fckn right!!

They said it was a cloud mapping service. They also said the more people that use the map app. The better it will become. Ummm. How many people are in possession of a iPhone 5 and a 4s at this time?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast