Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Retail Staff Told to Address iOS 6 Maps Flaws

The maps are definitely junk! But c'mon already. Any kind of failure with Apple will be exaggerated to the extreme by many.

The biggest problem is that people assume that everyone is having the same experience. Over here it works great. I've used wazws, motion gps etc... They all screw up.

I like the way the apple maps work.

Quote Originally Posted by Torinate View Post
    Unfortunately, as a user of maps daily, yes, it's the worst I've seen. Never accurate. Miles and miles away.

Fanboys... But it has turn by turn... Yea, that way I get exactly to the wrong place!

They needed a fix yesterday!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nicrfe View Post
    I can't get over how bad the map of san francisco is how hard is it to label the piers, how about letting me search for a pier. How about not showing any and every search with the word pier on ******* pier street
    Was recently in Dallas (north) and loaded up the address for the nearest Best Buy (they had an open box Mac Mini for $644). Dang if Apple maps didn't tell me to prepare to turn right in 1/2 mile - when I was turning right into the parking lot at that time. REAL accurate .

And yes, I got the Mac Mini, and the Apple keyboard, and the Apple track pad, and the Apple rechargeable batteries (they were about the same price as any others), and a new 27" LG monitor- and no, they had already sold the open box so I just grabbed the 4gb one for $777. Suprising how much like Ubuntu OS/X is. I like the interface a little better than Ubuntu - it's taking some getting used to.
    Last edited by Tperry; 10-04-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I'm interested in IOS 6 however have not upgraded yet because I hate to loose google maps! lol

Thanks

Default Apple maps idea of a left turn at an intersection....
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I'm interested in IOS 6 however have not upgraded yet because I hate to loose google maps! lol
    I didn't like maps either... Fortunately, I kinda knew the area. Had this been a big city somewhere with one way streets... Could have been disastrous... This was apples idea of a left turn at an intersection then not actually finishing the journey...the destination is south on that intersection shown in bottom right corner... I'm sure Apple will fix it..someday. Until then, I went back down to 5.1.1...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_1106.png  
    Last edited by xboxbml; 10-05-2012 at 05:47 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12