+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Add HTML Widgets to the Home Screen With 'iWidgets'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
A new jailbreak tweak is in Cydia today called iWidgets by iOS developer eldwin and as the name suggests, it’s going to give you widgets. Shown above are the two
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Add HTML Widgets to the Home Screen With 'iWidgets'

A new jailbreak tweak is in Cydia today called iWidgets by iOS developer eldwin and as the name suggests, it’s going to give you widgets. Shown above are the two default widgets that the tweak comes with – a clock widget and a calendar widget. These widgets are made from HTML and you can interact with them while they are on your home screen. If they look familiar, it's because they are; these are nearly identical to the Mac OS X dashboard widgets.

To add these widgets to your home screen after installing iWidgets, you can tap and hold on any empty area of your home screen to bring up the following interface:

From this interface, you can pick the widget you want to add. When you tap on one, you will then be asked if you want to be able to interact with the widget – by default this is turned on. If you disable the feature, you will not be able to play around with the widget’s functions while it is on your home screen. If you leave it enabled, you will be able to play with the widgets, such as moving between months in the calendar widget.

You can tap and hold on any application icon to enter editing mode. Editing mode is just like jiggle mode for App Store applications, as you will see a black ‘X’ button at the top left of the widgets for removing them from the home screen. You will also be able to drag them around and place them wherever you want them. Applications will not wrap around the widgets, so you will have to place the widgets in empty spots on the home screen. You can use Gridlock (by chpwn) to create cool designs.

iWidgets is a neat little tweak, being that it’s free and adds some widgets to the home screen. The only real turn-off that iWidgets has is that the default widgets are not supported by the retina display and they come off as slightly fuzzy.

Apart from the two default widgets that come with the tweak, it supports third party widgets that can be downloaded from Cydia or installed manually. The developer has a post on the ModMyi forums that contains some additional widgets and installation instructions if you would like to download and install them.

Name: iWidgets
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.1
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: eldwin
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-02-2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Additional details related to third party widgets included.

Thanks

This is news ? This tweak been around for ages

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit_ View Post
    Shut up

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit_ View Post
    It's new it's just a poorly created rip off of DeashboardX which has been around a while and is much better, but costs. Agreed though....this is not news. Mmi has been scraping the bottom of the barrel and copy/pasting stories for a while. Mmi...original content please. Redmondpie and Apple Insider almost always trump your stories and post real news faster.

Green Apple
    Thanks

No offense but this article doesnt even come close to revealing how genius this tweak is.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,550 Times in 4,058 Posts

Awesome eldwin love this tweak will revolutionize the widget game!!

Here are a few

iWidgets For The People

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

indyzzzz (10-06-2012), stratnik (10-02-2012), The.Drifter (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,552 Times in 4,071 Posts

Just so you know this tweak does support The retina display reviewer got it wrong smh

Also how in anyway is this a poor rip of dashboardx when it is essentially an updated version of perpagehtml+ which was around before dashboardx.

Please research before commenting almost as bad as the reviewer himself

Quote Originally Posted by ninicp View Post
    It's new it's just a poorly created rip off of DeashboardX which has been around a while and is much better, but costs. Agreed though....this is not news. Mmi has been scraping the bottom of the barrel and copy/pasting stories for a while. Mmi...original content please. Redmondpie and Apple Insider almost always trump your stories and post real news faster.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

stratnik (10-02-2012)

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Just so you know this tweak does support The retina display reviewer got it wrong smh
    I am looking at the clock widget right now and finding it to be blurry and not retina display-crisp.

Thanks

That widget yes maybe research the tweak that has been on your forum for months rather than say its doesn't support say the default widgets aren't retina

My iPhone is a Part of Me Lito1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post

Also how in anyway is this a poor rip of dashboardx when it is essentially an updated version of perpagehtml+ which was around before dashboardx.

Please research before commenting almost as bad as the reviewer himself
    +100

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I am looking at the clock widget right now and finding it to be blurry and not retina display-crisp.

Well looking at my last post of my analog clock that DB made and the wetter iwidget DB made they both are sharp,crisp & clean
    Last edited by Lito1; 10-02-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

Rip off of dashboardx? pffft

Great tweak. Been using this for months and personally made about 30 widgets
    Hit the thread here and do some homework before commenting out your arse
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...ml#post6691572

This tweak deserves way more credit than what this article describes.
    Awesome work by eldwin

And a 3.5/5??? You on crack my friend. 5/5
    No Respring, change options, move around widgets, delete widgets.
    Anytime you can have this much fun modding your springboard WITHOUT WINTERBOARD is a must have
    Last edited by The_Durben; 10-02-2012 at 01:39 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

stratnik (10-02-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

Needs more widgets

Thanks
    Thanked 18,550 Times in 4,058 Posts

Here's a cool vid of a slideshow iWidget with options! INCREDIBLE!

iWidget SS - YouTube

17. The Following User Says Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

stratnik (10-02-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    Needs more widgets
    Are you kidding me? Not really your fault reviewer should of linked to the iwidgets thread on this forum there is at least 100 widgets on that thread

Here it is http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-new-skins-themes-launches/805840-tweak-iwidgets.html

Thanks
    Thanked 6,983 Times in 932 Posts

iWidgets and DashboardX are 2 different tweaks and cannot be really compared together because they both offer different things. With iWidgets, you can code your own tweaks in HTML, Java, then set a options menu per widget that the user can toggle to customize each widget to their own liking without coding.

If you like notification center style tweaks, then Dashboard X is for you. If you want to be able to code your own widgets, and have a multitude of options available to configure each widget unique to your tastes, then iWidgets is the way to go.

As mentioned above, the clock and calendar widget are not the only ones available, come check by the thread and see some of the wonderful work being produced to work with the iWidgets platform. You will be pleasantly surprised with where iWidgets has evolved.
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 10-02-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

A totally miss leading review.

The widgets are super crisp and clear. And the two stock ones that come with iWidgets do not do it justice at all.

Just head over to the iWidget thread if you don't believe me, there is some truly amazing work that has been done and they have only just got started. But don't take my word for it go read through the thread and make up your own mind.

To give this 3.5 out of 5 is quiet simply out of order and does not represent what it actually is. I would suggest that you go to the thread yourself and try some of the Widgets that are on there "not just the stock two" And then give it a real review.

Very very disappointed in this and feel you are being totally un fair.

All I can say is ignore the review and go to the thread to make up your own mind.

I wanted to post my current set up using 3 iWidgets

Clock
    Status scroller
    Animated weather

But we can't upload screen shots on here. So go check out the thread and then tell us it's not a cool tweak

Thanks
    Last edited by Richard; 10-02-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 547 Posts

Love the tweak!! And this article blows!! Should have at least went through the thread before writing about it ... I mean come on its been one of the few threads on this forum that people been posting on everyday!!

Thanks

I only use iwidgets on my springboard pages since eldwin came out with this great iwidget.
    So many great modders who makes wonderful iwidgets, everything you can imagine.
    Disappointing review of something so wonderful...

it's 5/5!
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...ml#post6691572

Thanks

Been using iWidget for a couple of months now and it's a truly amazing tweak.

Can't imagine applying a weather widget in any other manner.

The conversion process is relatively simple too and new iwidgets are popping up daily on the thread link posted above by GUNNY29.

EDIT: My only criticism is that currently the majority of widgets are weather based, but no fault of the iWidget app and it's only a question of time before a more diverse range of widgets find their way to the forum.

Thanks
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

There are a ton of iWidgets from weather to Slideshow to clocks, jeez instagram Slideshow feed, I even did an animated fish tank (rescripted a genius made CSS one for pc to ios)
    Schnedi, Gunny, Max, Drifter, Chevy, myself and others have made probably over 100 widgets combined. I have 50+ at present in my folder to choose from.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (10-02-2012)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast