Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Add HTML Widgets to the Home Screen With 'iWidgets'

My iPhone is a Part of Me dwizurd's Avatar
    Thanks

Hands down the reason in not upgrading to iOS 6. If your looking for amazing ways to truly customize you home screen, this is it. Make sure to check out the iwidgets thread for an awesome assortment of widgets. Great job Eldwin!! 5/5
    Noobus Majorus thanks are welcome <---

Thanks for any help here. I installed iWidgets on my Jb 4s running 5.1.1. I can't get them to show by holding the home screen. I understand you don't know my tweaks installed for conflicts but maybe I am missing something simple. I tried removing HomeSpringPage in case of a conflict but it still didn't work.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by serky View Post
    Thanks for any help here. I installed iWidgets on my Jb 4s running 5.1.1. I can't get them to show by holding the home screen. I understand you don't know my tweaks installed for conflicts but maybe I am missing something simple. I tried removing HomeSpringPage in case of a conflict but it still didn't work.

Thanks again.
    The one known tweak conflict with iWidgets is Infiniboard. If Infiniboard is installed it won't let you launch any iWidgets when you touch and hold on the home screen. Drove me crazy til I found it. Damn shame too since I loved Infiniboard's ability to have vertical paging of icons. Had to redo my whole icon layout without Infiniboard because I HAD to have iWdgets. Good luck.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    The one known tweak conflict with iWidgets is Infiniboard. If Infiniboard is installed it won't let you launch any iWidgets when you touch and hold on the home screen. Drove me crazy til I found it. Damn shame too since I loved Infiniboard's ability to have vertical paging of icons. Had to redo my whole icon layout without Infiniboard because I HAD to have iWdgets. Good luck.
    Hey NewdestinyX,
    you know what - I actually found out this is not 100 % the case. I have 3GS and I instaled some widgets ( the minimalistic date, 2 rows thing and the Nape? cube) , they work just fine. Later, after I read your post, I actually realized I AM using infiniboard, so the conflict is not 100 %. Some of the widgets are not working on the 3GS, but I give it to the lower hardware capabilities of the phone (he is kinda winded with all the little tweaks and add-ons, but still hanging in there . Not trying to turn you back to using infiniboard, just sharing some info on the topic . Cheers !

Love it! I've 'trialed' Dashboard X and it the SpringBoard lagged for some reason, but I had no issues with iWidget.
    Personally, even though it may not add any true functionality for me, it makes theming a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by akoae View Post
    Hey NewdestinyX,
    you know what - I actually found out this is not 100 % the case. I have 3GS and I instaled some widgets ( the minimalistic date, 2 rows thing and the Nape? cube) , they work just fine. Later, after I read your post, I actually realized I AM using infiniboard, so the conflict is not 100 %. Some of the widgets are not working on the 3GS, but I give it to the lower hardware capabilities of the phone (he is kinda winded with all the little tweaks and add-ons, but still hanging in there . Not trying to turn you back to using infiniboard, just sharing some info on the topic . Cheers !
    I know for sure Infiniboard will turn off iWidgets on ip4 and 4S. Tested it on many phones. Guess you got lucky on 3GS. :-).. But most of us have newer phones.

I do not have infiniboard installed, I do have infinidock and infinifolders installed. not sure if that is a conflict? i would hate to lose them though.

I do not have infiniboard installed, I do have infinidock and infinifolders installed. not sure if that is a conflict? i would hate to lose them though.
    You don't have to give them up. Only Infiniboard (vertical page scrolling tweak). The others don't conflict with iWidgets.

Any other ideas? Am I missing anything? Installed iWidgets, restart springboard, hold down on home or any screen? An iWidget menu should appear? Not for me.

Thanks again.

Any other ideas? Am I missing anything? Installed iWidgets, restart springboard, hold down on home or any screen? An iWidget menu should appear? Not for me.

Thanks again.
    There's a conflict with another tweak you have loaded. You'll need to use SBSettings or Springtomize to be able to turn off one tweak at a time until iWidgets starts to work. Then you'll discover the conflicting tweak. Have you tried yet a complete uninstall of iWidgets, Reboot, Reinstall, reboot?

I figured that would be the answer and with all the tweaks I have, a pain to find the problem. I use NC Settings, not SB Settings or Springtomize. I had a problem with Springtomize, Dashboard X, and Intelliscreen. I guess I have a problem tweak that conflicts with a bunch of tweaks, iWidgets just added to the list.

Thanks again.

Jason

I figured that would be the answer and with all the tweaks I have, a pain to find the problem. I use NC Settings, not SB Settings or Springtomize. I had a problem with Springtomize, Dashboard X, and Intelliscreen. I guess I have a problem tweak that conflicts with a bunch of tweaks, iWidgets just added to the list.

Thanks again.

Jason
    NC Settings itself is known not to play nicely with a LOT of tweaks including Dashboard. ;-). That could be your problem right there. Uninstall NC and see if iWidget works then.

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    I'll just leave this here
    It's only $0.99 and it's 12 of my widgets.
    Updates and new ones will be tied to this.

106mb of pure genius :-)

I see a Hack repo has already got hold of this !!!

All I can say is Durben puts a lot of work in to all his Widgets and as also just lost his Job, so give the guy a break and buy this for 99c and don't go for the hacked version !

I wold pay 99c a widget, they are slick and clean and always with great support.

Thanks
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (11-06-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wildfowler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    106mb of pure genius :-)

I see a Hack repo has already got hold of this !!!

All I can say is Durben puts a lot of work in to all his Widgets and as also just lost his Job, so give the guy a break and buy this for 99c and don't go for the hacked version !

I wold pay 99c a widget, they are slick and clean and always with great support.

Thanks
    Wise words. Durben's work is top drawer stuff.

Does anybody know where i can find a htc iwidget? Or a iwidget that will look great with the boss.ios theme?

With infiniboard the work around i've found is SBSettings and turn it off add your widget go back to SBSettings turn infiniboard back on and wala best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by ReapersHouse View Post
    With infiniboard the work around i've found is SBSettings and turn it off add your widget go back to SBSettings turn infiniboard back on and wala best of both worlds.
    When you turn off Infiniboard and respring your icons scatter to horizontal pages and come all out of their folders. Not a practical workaround if u ask me..

does any one know why my menu won't pop up, i click and hold, and nothing happens

Default strange forum error
    i guess it's a quite common problem so i hope that someone might help me to solve this error. it's looks like i'm experiencing someone difficulties in posting messages. Can anyone help me?. contact via my blog OR just write me a PM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234