Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Add HTML Widgets to the Home Screen With 'iWidgets'

Would love to post more screens but I delete most mine from phone.
    Here's a round touch one. Shows user pic, tap it you see weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobvk114 View Post
    Durben... Have you shared this one yet ?? I think I missed it if so .. Looks sick bro!
    Madison pro HD thread is a simple version.
    The one in my screen a few people have. It has a bunch more options, different frames ect.
    I'll put it up eventually. Not really pumping out weather mods at the moment until I'm certain what yahoo is doing.
    Last edited by The_Durben; 10-02-2012 at 07:01 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

stratnik (10-03-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Would love to post more screens but I delete most mine from phone.
    Here's a round touch one. Shows user pic, tap it you see weather.

Madison pro HD thread is a simple version.
    The one in my screen a few people have. It has a bunch more options, different frames ect.
    I'll put it up eventually. Not really pumping out weather mods at the moment until I'm certain what yahoo is doing.
    Damn that looks nice. Can't wait for the 4S to be jail broken to try that theme (Circles, incase anyone is interested) and that widget.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymous For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (10-02-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Damn that looks nice. Can't wait for the 4S to be jail broken to try that theme (Circles, incase anyone is interested) and that widget.
    The 4S has had a jailbreak for close to 8 months already.

Banned
    Thanks

wow, so much fuss over Widgets?

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    The 4S has had a jailbreak for close to 8 months already.
    You're funny.

Wow I can't believe this junk for a review. This is truly a great tweak that is a game changer for widgets. I usually like your reviews, but now I really gotta rethink what I may have missed based on how badly you missed this one.

Anyone that has made it this far in this news thread must obviously know by now that this is amazing.

But don't take my word for it, go check it out for yourself.

Well go now, what are you waiting for!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

indyzzzz (10-06-2012), stratnik (10-03-2012), The_Durben (10-02-2012)

Reading back I think we are being hard on Anthony
    Likely that eldwin didn't include links to user mods or the thread so using the two widgets it came with you don't get a clear understanding of what this tweak does.

Definitely read the thread if this is the first you're seeing of this tweak.
    If you already know what this tweak is you're probably there already.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,109 Times in 1,870 Posts

Can someone confirm what version is on cydia std repo? Will widgets made for the "unstable" (term used lightly) version have the options? Thank you for any info you can enlighten me with

Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    Can someone confirm what version is on cydia std repo? Will widgets made for the "unstable" (term used lightly) version have the options? Thank you for any info you can enlighten me with
    The version on cydia is for widgets with or without options. Edwin fixed the "unstable" version prior to submitting to cydia.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

stratnik (10-03-2012), The_Durben (10-02-2012)

Another tweak android already has on stock firmware :-)
    *Exits before I get chewed out by apple fan boys*

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    Another tweak android already has on stock firmware :-)
    *Exits before I get chewed out by apple fan boys*
    lol it's all good. You're the one showing interest reading about iPhone tweaks
    Also we have nicer designed ones. Android lacks a large modding base. And it's really about making your phone yours. Regardless of platform
    I just prefer 

16. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

stratnik (10-03-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    lol it's all good. You're the one showing interest reading about iPhone tweaks
    Also we have nicer designed ones. Android lacks a large modding base. And it's really about making your phone yours. Regardless of platform
    I just prefer 
    Well said Derrick

18. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (10-03-2012)

You're funny.
    I'm not funny.. Anon.. I'm trying to educate you! :-).. The 4S on 5.1.1 has had a jailbreak for many months. There's no JB for iOS6 on a 4S. Is that what you were referring to? You stated it generally. You said "I can't wait for the 4S to have a jailbreak." Jes' sayin there already is one. ;-)
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

A new jailbreak tweak is in Cydia today called iWidgets by iOS developer eldwin and as the name suggests, it’s going to give you widgets. Shown above are the two default widgets that the tweak comes with – a clock widget and a calendar widget. These widgets are made from HTML and you can interact with them while they are on your home screen. If they look familiar, it's because they are; these are nearly identical to the Mac OS X dashboard widgets.

To add these widgets to your home screen after installing iWidgets, you can tap and hold on any empty area of your home screen to bring up the following interface:

From this interface, you can pick the widget you want to add. When you tap on one, you will then be asked if you want to be able to interact with the widget – by default this is turned on. If you disable the feature, you will not be able to play around with the widget’s functions while it is on your home screen. If you leave it enabled, you will be able to play with the widgets, such as moving between months in the calendar widget.

You can tap and hold on any application icon to enter editing mode. Editing mode is just like jiggle mode for App Store applications, as you will see a black ‘X’ button at the top left of the widgets for removing them from the home screen. You will also be able to drag them around and place them wherever you want them. Applications will not wrap around the widgets, so you will have to place the widgets in empty spots on the home screen. You can use Gridlock (by chpwn) to create cool designs.

iWidgets is a neat little tweak, being that it’s free and adds some widgets to the home screen. The only real turn-off that iWidgets has is that the default widgets are not supported by the retina display and they come off as slightly fuzzy.

Apart from the two default widgets that come with the tweak, it supports third party widgets that can be downloaded from Cydia or installed manually. The developer has a post on the ModMyi forums that contains some additional widgets and installation instructions if you would like to download and install them.

Name: iWidgets
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.1
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: eldwin
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Anthony

I still find it hard to believe that a MMI writer can get it so wrong. Surly you have seen the reaction that this has got and thought I think I will actually check this out properly. We are all obviously entitled to our own opinion. But EVERY comment on her says 5/5 (which i have changed for you on the quote :-))so is everyone wrong apart from you ?

Everyone would have more respect for you if you held your hand up and said sorry guys I did not give this enough research, and here is the proper review.

I would be interested in what you think now, after you have seen the reaction this has caused rather than you just sating away from this thread that you started ?

Thanks
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Everyone would have more respect for you if you held your hand up and said sorry guys I did not give this enough research, and here is the proper review.
    Well, he has apologized but I agree, a more thorough analysis, of what is a revolutionary app (yes, revolutionary), is required.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I'm not funny.. Anon.. I'm trying to educate you! :-).. The 4S on 5.1.1 has had a jailbreak for many months. There's no JB for iOS6 on a 4S. Is that what you were referring to? You stated it generally. You said "I can't wait for the 4S to have a jailbreak." Jes' sayin there already is one. ;-)
    I'm on iOS 6 now . Was jail broken on iOS 5.1.1, but decided to update. Thanks, though.

I'm on iOS 6 now . Was jail broken on iOS 5.1.1, but decided to update. Thanks, though.
    Ooo. Bad move. JB won't be here for several months. :-(. Just like last time - probably longer. This time last time, with 5.0.1 we at least had proof of a tethered JB. We don't have that now not even for iP4 which will always have the bootrom exploit. Long wait ahead. :-(

The boot room exploit allows for a tethered jailbreak on iphone4 no other exploits are needed for that. There is a tethered jailbreak for iphone4 in redsnow.

Also can't really put a time frame on ios6 being jailbroken as they could find an exploit today, tomorrow or could of found one already and not told people so they don't get bugged about it.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Also can't really put a time frame on ios6 being jailbroken as they could find an exploit today, tomorrow or could of found one already and not told people so they don't get bugged about it.
    I'm just going by history. They've never withheld an exploit find - ever. They love the attention. :-). And since 3GS each untethered JB release has gotten longer in wait time. 4S was 15 weeks. But I'm sure hopin' you're right Gunny! :-)

This was in beta forever. I assume it is published now because it's either finished, or it's been added to Cydia.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast