+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 79

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Add HTML Widgets to the Home Screen With 'iWidgets'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I have included in the original post information regarding third party widgets... It slipped past me that the tweak supported third party widgets as the Tweak description in Cydia is
...
  1. #21
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,985
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 863 Times in 629 Posts

    I have included in the original post information regarding third party widgets...

    It slipped past me that the tweak supported third party widgets as the Tweak description in Cydia is blatantly put: "HTML Widgets on SpringBoard."

    My apologies for the confusion.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

    stratnik (10-02-2012), The.Drifter (10-02-2012), The_Durben (10-02-2012)

  3. #22
    Modder GUNNY29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,321
    Thanks
    4,546
    Thanked 15,453 Times in 4,028 Posts

    What Comparing it to DashboardX? Etc....

    Also if your basing your review on a description and quick use that's not much if a review as anyone who downloads the tweak will do that?? As I've said abit if research would go a long way.
    Last edited by GUNNY29; 10-02-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  4. #23
    iPhoneaholic sand_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    382
    Thanks
    287
    Thanked 724 Times in 190 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I am looking at the clock widget right now and finding it to be blurry and not retina display-crisp.
    You looking at it wrong.

  5. #24
    Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    England (leeds)
    Posts
    1,614
    Thanks
    688
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    There are a ton of iWidgets from weather to Slideshow to clocks, jeez instagram Slideshow feed, I even did an animated fish tank (rescripted a genius made CSS one for pc to ios)
    Schnedi, Gunny, Max, Drifter, Chevy, myself and others have made probably over 100 widgets combined. I have 50+ at present in my folder to choose from.
    +1000

    There is way more options that weather. I agree there is a lot of Weather widgets but we are all trying to come Up with more options and all ideas are welcome.

    I can honestly say there is some amazingly talented guy and girls hang out at this thread
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

    The.Drifter (10-02-2012)

  7. #25
    The Mechanic The_Durben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    34,942
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

    Retina GPS Weather iWidget


  8. #26
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,238
    Thanks
    633
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 528 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Retina GPS Weather iWidget

    Durben... Have you shared this one yet ?? I think I missed it if so .. Looks sick bro!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobvk114 For This Useful Post:

    The_Durben (10-02-2012)

  10. #27
    Livin the iPhone Life KraXik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    2,605
    Thanks
    2,654
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 884 Posts

    Anthony - I'm a fan but Bud, this was a bad review. Try looking in the theme section of the forum from time to time. That section is what makes MMi so good.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

    The_Durben (10-02-2012)

  12. #28
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,985
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 863 Times in 629 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Anthony - I'm a fan but Bud, this was a bad review. Try looking in the theme section of the forum from time to time. That section is what makes MMi so good.
    Once again, my apologies.

  13. #29
    Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    England (leeds)
    Posts
    1,614
    Thanks
    688
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Once again, my apologies.
    As an apology you could. Give this a proper re view once you have had a real play with it ?

    I so wish we could all post some screen shots.

    Well we will have to leave that bit upto Durben
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

  14. #30
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Wildfowler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Devon, England
    Posts
    232
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 510 Times in 139 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I am looking at the clock widget right now and finding it to be blurry and not retina display-crisp.
    As a general rule I find your reviews to be pretty much on the ball but I've got to say you've toe-punted this one into your own goal. You can't review this tweak based solely upon the clock and calendar iwidgets that come with the tweak. Check out the thread on MMI and you will see a multitude of creative iwidgets which get better and better on a daily basis.

    I suggest you investigate this exciting tweak a little more a revise your review. 3.5 out of 5 is incorrect.

    If you are new to iwidgets, get onto the thread and check it out for yourself.

  15. #31
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,472
    Thanks
    3,075
    Thanked 7,546 Times in 3,846 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfowler View Post
    As a general rule I find your reviews to be pretty much on the ball but I've got to say you've toe-punted this one into your own goal. You can't review this tweak based solely upon the clock and calendar iwidgets that come with the tweak. Check out the thread on MMI and you will see a multitude of creative iwidgets which get better and better on a daily basis.

    I suggest you investigate this exciting tweak a little more a revise your review. 3.5 out of 5 is incorrect.

    If you are new to iwidgets, get onto the thread and check it out for yourself.
    +10,000. What HE said. It's a 5/5.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  16. #32
    Dalmatinac stratnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,073
    Thanks
    5,874
    Thanked 4,157 Times in 835 Posts

    Anthony I know you do not have time to thoroughly examine all the cydia tweaks, but this time you can not be more wrong.
    Dashboard X is not even close Eldvin's iWidget.
    I suppose that's your rating made ​​on the basis of two widget that comes with the iWidget as an example
    So please, when you have some free time, go to the iWidget thread and see at least the last 15 pages.
    You can start from -->> http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...ml#post6674423
    You might change a opinion and then edit review and give another rating.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stratnik For This Useful Post:

    The.Drifter (10-02-2012), The_Durben (10-02-2012)

  18. #33
    Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    England (leeds)
    Posts
    1,614
    Thanks
    688
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by stratnik View Post
    Anthony I know you do not have time to thoroughly examine all the cydia tweaks, but this time you can not be more wrong.
    Dashboard X is not even close Eldvin's iWidget.
    I suppose that's your rating made ​​on the basis of two widget that comes with the iWidget as an example
    So please, when you have some free time, go to the iWidget thread and see at least the last 15 pages.
    You can start from -->> http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...ml#post6674423
    You might change a opinion and then edit review and give another rating.
    +1
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

    stratnik (10-02-2012)

  20. #34
    Theme Creator larke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    564
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 2,114 Times in 363 Posts

    I have to agree with everyone that you have NO idea how cool this widget is, and apologies don't really mean anything, because how many people read the comments? Instead of apologizing for having a such a misleading article, you could rewrite it after you've tried many of Durben's iwidigets or Chevy's or the Drifters, they all made seriously awesome iwidgets that can virtually do ANYTHING and unlike SB/LS widgets, a LOT of these are full customizable with font color font size font position language what you want displayed and what you don't. The new one I put out, is compatible with many different themes as well as analog or digital clock and different font colors and languages, as customizable before it even displays. How many SB "widgets" do you know actually do that?

  21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to larke For This Useful Post:

    indyzzzz (10-06-2012), sand_man (10-03-2012), stratnik (10-02-2012), The.Drifter (10-02-2012), The_Durben (10-02-2012)

  22. #35
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ferris419's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Toledo Ohio
    Posts
    206
    Thanks
    275
    Thanked 181 Times in 89 Posts

    This is a great tweak that certainly does not deserve this review.....

  23. #36
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,472
    Thanks
    3,075
    Thanked 7,546 Times in 3,846 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by larke View Post
    I have to agree with everyone that you have NO idea how cool this widget is, and apologies don't really mean anything, because how many people read the comments? Instead of apologizing for having a such a misleading article, you could rewrite it after you've tried many of Durben's iwidigets or Chevy's or the Drifters, they all made seriously awesome iwidgets that can virtually do ANYTHING and unlike SB/LS widgets, a LOT of these are full customizable with font color font size font position language what you want displayed and what you don't. The new one I put out, is compatible with many different themes as well as analog or digital clock and different font colors and languages, as customizable before it even displays. How many SB "widgets" do you know actually do that?
    Exactly. The only way to make the proper amends it to retract the original review and start over. Maybe even delete this whole thread and start over.

  24. #37
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Hip5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toledo,Ohio
    Posts
    677
    Thanks
    12,801
    Thanked 926 Times in 449 Posts

    To anyone who has not looked at this tweak and it's thread.I strongly suggest you check it out the tweak and the widgets that all the great people have made, they are beyond cool.If your into themeing than ya gotta check it out.And I didn't allways agree with Siskel & Ebert either,check it out then decide for youself.I know you will be totally happy.

    Later;HIP5

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hip5 For This Useful Post:

    stratnik (10-02-2012), The_Durben (10-02-2012)

  26. #38
    Theme Creator ZFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    822
    Thanks
    1,098
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 504 Posts

    i'll just +1 on all the posts saying this review doesn't hold water.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZFrost For This Useful Post:

    stratnik (10-02-2012), The_Durben (10-02-2012)

  28. #39
    The Unknown Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    2,752
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 993 Times in 626 Posts

    Congrats on the Cydia release!

  29. #40
    Livin the iPhone Life Sk37cH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oz maaaaaate ;)
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks
    3,384
    Thanked 4,770 Times in 1,164 Posts

    I found the review helpful, in the fact it let me know the tweak was now available without unpacking the deb file manually (even if that was all the review was helpful for). I have been wanting to try this for a while now, and as soon as I saw this, I DLd it and put to use some of the widgets I'd collected, knowing it one day use them. Great tweak...5 stars. Thank you.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts