Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Not Planning Cheaper Entry Level iPhone 5

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Apple Not Planning Cheaper Entry Level iPhone 5

Although most Apple watchers have their eyes trained on next week's rumored iPad mini launch, Apple is not expected to follow a similar course with its popular smartphone line.

For Apple, the benefits of releasing a smaller and more affordable iPad are clear. With the likes of Amazon and Barnes & Noble taking a bite out of the iPad's market share with their respective tablet creations, Apple needs to stop the bleeding by having a small tablet alternative of its own.

There is, however, very little incentive to do the same with its new iPhone 5. Analyst Charlie Wolf with Needham & Company said Monday that he doesn't expect Apple to introduce a smaller or more affordable entry-level iPhone.

That much should have been clear following Apple's record-breaking sales of the new iPhone 5 in mid-September. Apple obviously has a hit on its hands and few seem deterred by the device's cost. With Apple maintaining - and succeeding with - its new release iPhone price structure, the executives in Cupertino apparently have no interest in fixing what isn't broken.

Source: Needham & Company

iPhone? More like MyPhone McMichael96's Avatar
    Thanks

They already have a cheaper, entry level iPhone 5. Apple calls it the "iPhone 4s"
    I like apple stuff.
    If you see the username "McMichael96" anywhere, it's probably me.

Quote Originally Posted by McMichael96 View Post
    They already have a cheaper, entry level iPhone 5. Apple calls it the "iPhone 4s"
    Very well stated.

Couldn't have said it any better. A downgraded iPhone 5 would be completely pointless.

Yeah I can't believe people ever thought an iPhone nano would come out.

Agree 100% +1

Green Apple
    Thanks

Last edited by srchino; 10-01-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by srchino View Post
    One day at an apple meeting...

Lets see, how can we make more money from our apple fan boys?...I got it, let NOT make an entry level iPhone 5. Instead lets lower the iPhone 4s, continue production and sell the new one at same price as always. Why make something cheaper? We should actually make it 260. People will still buy it. Oh wait it is 260 with taxes"
    ...keeping a product at a consistent price is ungreedy not greedy. It allows people to save for it etc. changing prices is more greedy than less even if its lowered because I can guarantee anyone who lowers they consistent price for a new product are ripping you off and not keeping the same level of quality. Btw please realize how much it costs to produce in the first place.. For the 16 gigs it costs the same amount of money it takes to make. Also you act as if its not basic business and apples the only one who does this. Seriously people like you don't think straight because of your hate for big companies

Lets see, how can we make more money from our apple fan boys?...I got it, let NOT make an entry level iPhone 5. Instead lets lower the iPhone 4s, continue production and sell the new one at same price as always. Why make something cheaper? We should actually make it 260. People will still buy it. Oh wait it is 260 with taxes"
    This post makes 0 sense.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Damn, I wanted to laugh too.

Agreed and heck the iphone 4 is free with contract