Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some iCloud Users Finding a Pleasant 25GB Surprise

Default Some iCloud Users Finding a Pleasant 25GB Surprise

Apple has had a rough day in terms of glitches in their iTunes and iCloud ecosystems, with the latest slip up guaranteeing some iCloud members 25GB of storage until the year 2050.

The glitch, first spotted by TUAW, just so happens to be showing up on the day former MobileMe members were supposed to drop down to the 5GB free storage limit of current iCloud users. Earlier in the year Apple announced that they would be giving MobileMe customers an additional 20GB of cloud storage space for free. It appears when Apple scheduled their systems to remove the 20GB perk the system granted some people 25GB of storage for an extended period of time instead.

Still, it is not clear if the glitch is a result of the changes in MobileMe and iCloud or if itís just a terrible error, unless youíve been granted 25GB for life. Apple hasnít officially recognized the situation and those affected are still wondering if this benevolent glitch will be permanent or not. All signs point to no.

Expect Apple to quickly rectify the situation.

Source: TUAW [via AppleInsider]

Everybody loves a little more memory

-1.png

I have the same thing!! It still hasn't been resolved ... so here's hoping

Dan D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0646.png  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same for me. My plan was due to downgrade soon as I didn't even use 5gb so no point in buying 25gb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image.jpg  

Very interesting... I hope it's permanent. I'm already getting 25 gigs on my SkyDrive for free too.

I doubt that the extra storage will remain free. Slip ups like this happen all the time and are sorted out quickly. Last year I preordered the £700 64GB iPhone 4S for £50 from Tesco. Hours later my preorder had been cancelled and the prices fixed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

Has anyone seen a downgrade yet? Not sure when it's supposed to go down to 5gigs but I thought it was today.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJoey View Post
    Very interesting... I hope it's permanent. I'm already getting 25 gigs on my SkyDrive for free too.
    Me too. I just wish skydive was more useful like google drive. I find myself using google drive more, even though I only have their standard 5gb

Same here and would be great if it remains locked in.

I got the free until 2050

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default free till 2050
    Quote Originally Posted by braikes View Post
    I got the free until 2050
    Apple should grandfather us since we were paying for this service. Can anyone say Loyal customer

Quote Originally Posted by unclebnz View Post
    Apple should grandfather us since we were paying for this service. Can anyone say Loyal customer
    I agree and so far I have not lost my extra 20GB.

I have 2050 date too! Yay! And when we're the first downgrades possible? My account has been sitting on Free fir a long time but I don't know when the first updates were slated to go thru. I signed up for iCloud on day 1 it was available. When was that?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

>2050
    fffuuuuuuuu-