+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Terms and Conditions Bug Preventing Purchases in iTunes, and App Stores

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Terms and Conditions Bug Preventing Purchases in iTunes, and App Stores

Widespread reports of a bug with Apple’s iTunes and App Store Terms and Conditions preventing new purchases gained steam today.

The problem arises when users attempt to make a purchase or re-download an already purchased item. User’s are asked to agree to the the terms or not. However, when accepting the terms, users are met with an infinite loop of Terms and Conditions screens, thereby preventing them from downloading any new and old purchases.

The issue appears to be affecting all purchases made via iTunes, the App Store and the Mac App Store as well. The bug is even affecting iTunes Match and preventing users from viewing purchased items on the Apple TV.

The bug appears to be fixed at the current moment, and international users appear to have missed out on all the fun earlier this evening. Hopefully Apple’s fixed the issue permanently.

Source: MacRumors

Banned
    Thanks

Anyone noticed the App Store is extremely slow in IOS6. Not just now but since the install if IOS6.
    I have my iPhone4 on IOS5.1.1 and my iPad3 on IOS6 and the iPhone4 can do just about everything a lot faster in the AppStore.
    Sometimes the AppStore doesn't even load up on the iPad3. Its slow and buggy. Also when you are scrolling down apps the screen jumps and flickers too.

The whole IOS6 is a really bad upgrade. If there was a way to downgrade the iPad3 I would do it straight away as this is really a huge step backwards.
    I dont want to upgrade anymore. I'm really thinking if this is the way Apple is going I will gladly sell this iPad3 and just stick with my Android Tablet (Galaxy Tab).

Green Apple
    Thanks

mod edit/quote removed
    Because this site does not condone piracy sites or apps.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 10-01-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Anyone noticed the App Store is extremely slow in IOS6. Not just now but since the install if IOS6.
    I have my iPhone4 on IOS5.1.1 and my iPad3 on IOS6 and the iPhone4 can do just about everything a lot faster in the AppStore.
    Sometimes the AppStore doesn't even load up on the iPad3. Its slow and buggy. Also when you are scrolling down apps the screen jumps and flickers too.

The whole IOS6 is a really bad upgrade. If there was a way to downgrade the iPad3 I would do it straight away as this is really a huge step backwards.
    I dont want to upgrade anymore. I'm really thinking if this is the way Apple is going I will gladly sell this iPad3 and just stick with my Android Tablet (Galaxy Tab).
    On iPhone 5 es faster, but about the screen flickering yes sometimes it do that. About iOS 6... is not too bad.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I haven't had any issues with the App Store my iPhone 5 loads it much faster than my wife's 4s. Yesterday I was comparing speeds and they phone 5 is a little faster at everything.

Thanks

happening to me on the macbook as well... the one time i actual want to use the app store...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I was thinking the same thing. I’m not sure but did they go full HTML with the app store? Also i hate the layout of the app store on both iPhone and iPad in iOS 6.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When has an IOS upgrade not been buggy? 4.0 people complained, 5.0 more complaints, 6.0 more complaints complaints complaints! It's nothing new under the sun and if you throw the whole I paid x amount of dollars for this product BS go cry somewhere else! You bought it without anyone forcing you too! iPhones have been out for awhile, you know what you are getting into.

Banned
    Thanks

thank god i still have an iphone 2G and cant even download any apps

szr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    The problem arises when users attempt to make a purchase or re-download an already purchased item. User’s are asked to agree to the the terms or not. However, when accepting the terms, users are met with an infinite loop of Terms and Conditions screens, thereby preventing them from downloading any new and old purchases.
    This is why these sort of things should always be tested in a closed system, separate from the live one (usually running on a test/dev machine/network.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Satone View Post
    When has an IOS upgrade not been buggy? 4.0 people complained, 5.0 more complaints, 6.0 more complaints complaints complaints!
    Yes, people are going to complain, but on the other hand, many of the problems that seem to occur are indeed the sort of things that should have been caught during testing, before public releases are pushed out, not after. Yes, there can be unforeseen problems and no one is perfect, but things like this recent App Store Terms and Conditions bug really are difficult to excuse when such a change makes it all the way to production servers; it's embarrassing. There's just no reason something so blatant obvious shouldn't have been caught during testing. So yes, one would expect more from a firm that's been representing itself as being far more upscale compared to it's competition.

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple finally wants people to read their Terms & Conditions

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    Apple finally wants people to read their Terms & Conditions
    Heh, some how I doubt that'll do it. I see little reason to read a document which carries no real meaning.

Thanks

Even more problematic, IMO, is the fact that when I updated some apps on my wife's 3GS this morning, after the iTunes terms and service screen, the apps started updating w/o my inputting my wife's password! Apparently, in their haste to correct the terms and conditions glitch they skipped the username and password check. Somebody's kid is probably going to download a bunch of expensive stuff!