Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pod2g: There is No Jailbreak for iOS 6

Thanks

Default pod2g: There is No Jailbreak for iOS 6

The popular iOS hacker, pod2g, who recently took the stage at JailbreakCon to discuss jailbreak techniques past and present along with the future of iOS jailbreaking revealed news that will disappoint many. After discussing the methods used in previous jailbreaks for iOS 4 and iOS 5, pod2g revealed that there is currently no working untethered jailbreak for iOS 6. This is in actuality news that turned out to be exactly opposite of what was expected to be announced at the recent JailbreakCon as many people had their hopes up high of pod2g and the Chronic Dev Team announcing an iOS 6 jailbreak.

During his introduction to the iOS 6 portion of his talk, pod2g started by saying “Will I release the iOS 6 jailbreak today? No! Of course not!” Now this might leave many of you wondering what happened to the previous picture we saw of an iPhone 5 running Cydia. According to pod2g, what we saw was proof of what he called a “failbreak,” which he defined as being something for developers only with no possible way to release the method to the public in its current state. To put it into simpler terms, there is no iOS 6 jailbreak for regular iOS device owners at the moment.

Although there is no concrete news of an iOS 6 jailbreak just yet, this doesn’t exactly mean we won’t be seeing one ever. It just means that we’ll need to be patient and should not expect it to be released for at least a few months. There still seems to be a fair share of work that the developers need to tackle regarding the issue. One thing that we do know is that the hackers that attended the JailbreakCon showed great enthusiasm for their work and they seem more motivated than ever. This should surely lead to some great things for the jailbreak community in the future.

Source: Cult of Mac
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 10-01-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Positive information ... and patience is always the key... Plus they've never let us down before! #iSupport

Love my 5.1.1 iPhone with JB and Google Maps, as long as there are no great games or apps from the AppStore that require me being on iOS 6 I can wait for a loooong time :-)

Did anyone really expect a jailbreak to be released?

As always, iphone 5 is not world wide available yet, they wont release till every single part of the world had great sale of iphone 5 so they the jailbreaker can had more donation unlike last time when theres Geohot! really not abt $$$$$$$$$$$$$ & he dare accept challenge even apple release new firmware. Geohot is greatly Missed!!! this is the reason y more are switching to Android, Android dev dont keep their Jailbreak, they release like no body business 100% not for $$$$$$$$.
    Last edited by benbee; 09-30-2012 at 06:53 AM.

Last time? Young Mr. Hotz left a long time ago...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I'm not disappointed. I follow various people on twitter and know where we are at. These things usually take time especially of late. I'm staying on 5.1.1 until 6.0 is jailbroken. For me 6.0 is a lousy upgrade anyway with no new features except panorama that I'm interested in. If I hadn't been spending the last 5 years writing tutorials I wouldn't upgrade to 6 at all.

Cydia developers were paid an estimated $8 million in sales last year!

Don't worry there WILL be a jailbreak sooner or later!
    There is too much money available for there not to be.

No one with any common sense was expecting a jailbreak yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by jono-hales View Post
    Cydia developers were paid an estimated $8 million in sales last year!

Don't worry there WILL be a jailbreak sooner or later!
    There is too much money available for there not to be.
    Where did you get your numbers from?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Patience grasshopper

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassvictim's Avatar
    Thanks

They said the same thing for iOS 4 and 5 - just a matter of time until it's figured out. There is always a way,just gotta wait it out.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Patience grasshopper
    It's funny man, I upgraded my 4S to 6.0 a few days after it dropped knowing I was getting an iPhone 5 and honestly after 2 weeks of being stock. I'm used to it. Besides, even if they did release a jailbreak yesterday most of my tweaks don't work. I'm not into the theming and stuff. I jailbreak for functionality at this point. Messages+, NCSettings, and Springtomize are my main essentials and I don't think any of them work on 6.0

And isn't there a tether jb available for most devices? A more appropriate title would be "No jailbreak for A5/A6 device"

Quote Originally Posted by arebee25 View Post
    Where did you get your numbers from?
    The article two down from this!!

Thanks

Patience is a virtue. The Jailbreak community always comes through for us. I can see why there are complaints. Are you personally helping the effort? Are you donating to the cause? Do you personally take you time and try to figure out how to jailbreak? In most cases we can all say no to all of these questions. In some cases you can say you donate. The jailbreak WILL come as it always does..when it is ready and not a minute sooner.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Labertasche View Post
    Love my 5.1.1 iPhone with JB and Google Maps, as long as there are no great games or apps from the AppStore that require me being on iOS 6 I can wait for a loooong time :-)
    +1

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Agree with you there. It's not easy for sure. After hearing what pod2g said yesterday. All I can do is wait and keep checking this site and twitter. Once released I will send another nice donation to the dev team.

Banned
    Thanks

This is disappointing as I upgraded my iPad 3 thinking it could be tethered jailbroken but when I tried it said it cant.
    And the window to downgrade has closed so I'm stuck without a jailbreak or downgrade.
    Even a tethered jailbreak would be great. Or a way to downgrade would be even better.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast