Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pod2g: There is No Jailbreak for iOS 6

If anyone upgraded shouldn't a stitched firmware allow for downgrading? I haven't tried but I thought that was the point. Also, if anyone upgraded to 6.0 and cannot downgrade they should stay on 6.0 and never upgrade, 6.0.1 or 6.1 or whatever, because it is most likely that any jailbreak, when it does come out, will be for 6.0 - obviously - not necessarily for what will come after even if it comes out a week from now. Keep with tiny umbrella and save shsh, stich blobs, do anything possible to prevent badness from happening again.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,880 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post

reread the part about it being a failbreak because you don't understand. Believe me I have experience and patience im not sayig a jailbreak wont come out. I'm just saying that people need to calm down because thy think its impossible to jailbreak when in reality he's just saying there isn't an exploit yet so they can't start developing. 3/4s of the wait for the jailbreak is them making it user friendly however they can't do that until they find an exploit.
    I'm not entirely sure you understand...

A failbreak is STILL an exploit that was discovered! It's unusable for most people (hence, Developer Acct only) but its still an opening that could 'potentially' lead to a public release.

If there wasn't an exploit, then chpwn wouldn't have been able to gain Root Access to install Cydia. That doesn't mean this exploit will ultimately be used when a Jailbreak is released but its possible. Mapping to and from the exploit needs to be determined if it's going to be usable and the Devs can't guarantee that will happen.

The only other explanations for having Cydia on his phone are either he:
    - Photoshopped it
    or
    -Created a Cydia App as an Apple Store App and 'somehow' installed it on his phone...

We know that both of those aren't what happened, so that means he found an exploit...as useful or useless as it may be!

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Re read the conversation. Pod2G says he sold a ZDI Butdid not believe it hurt JailBreaking - they do that for fun. As MN says, he would not sell anything, others make money but very few at the expense of helping us for free. Those that do you have probably never heard of.
    To begin with, I've certainly heard of I0n1c. Past there, you might be surprised who I've heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    wtf? You have issues. There are so many flaws in what you just said..
    Is that the only input you have? Please explain next time, specifically about my issues.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Labertasche View Post
    Love my 5.1.1 iPhone with JB and Google Maps, as long as there are no great games or apps from the AppStore that require me being on iOS 6 I can wait for a loooong time :-)
    If you use Shazam, it says that the next update will require ios 6. I know, i know... i'm sad to see that too.

Apple apps updates are already iOS 6 only as well

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan1683 View Post
    Is that the only input you have? Please explain next time, specifically about my issues.
    I think what he is getting at is cydia is not a monopoly, others have tried and failed. Because they are not as good. Sauric does not pay jail breakers and you just seem to have issues with the JailBreaking scene. Everything you said just shows a distinct lack of knowledge of what actually goes on.

But I could be wrong.
    Last edited by confucious; 10-09-2012 at 04:34 PM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456