+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pod2g: There is No Jailbreak for iOS 6

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I will keep my 4S 5.1.1 until further notice I will wait for the JB (even tethered) before I get a 5 so please just do what you devs do
    iPhone? More like MyPhone bbillh77's Avatar
    Thanks

I will keep my 4S 5.1.1 until further notice I will wait for the JB (even tethered) before I get a 5 so please just do what you devs do

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    This just means they haven't found an exploit nothing more
    I don't agree...
    I think they've found an exploit, but, as of now, it's only for Developer accts. Once they figure out how to route the exploit to where it is usable for the public, then they'll release a jailbreak. Like others have already said...we must be patient.

Green Apple
    Thanks

That sucks as I think iOS 6, despite some...publicized shortcomings, is really sweet. I'm running JB 5.1.1 on my 4s and will keep it that way mainly for sbsettings and folder enhancer. That said, I do find solace knowing my phone is FACTORY unlocked so if i upgrade to iOS 6 accidentally somehow I can still at least use my phone.

These are pretty good times to be a non-stock iPhone user, let's be real about it.

Thanks

Everyone! Calm yo tits! There will be a jailbreak but it will take time! Be patient!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I bet apple is paying these guys not to release the jailbreak for this period of time... Before the jailbreakers weren't meeting with apple, then we found out musclenerd mysteriously went to apple for some sort of meeting...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Now you're going to need to be more specific. Please remind us all what you're talking about. I do not remember and 6.0 stuff talked about then. 6 wasn't even in beta then. What are you talking about?

L
    http://www.jailbreaknation.com/pod2g...-for-jailbreak

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thunderwolf333 View Post
    I bet apple is paying these guys not to release the jailbreak for this period of time... Before the jailbreakers weren't meeting with apple, then we found out musclenerd mysteriously went to apple for some sort of meeting...
    If you believe that then there really is no hope for you.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I tend to agree with Confucius on this one, I think musclenerd was on the end of a smear campaign. There are a lot of people in the community that do not like him for some reason, personally I think it's coder jealousy;/

Thanks

I think you'll find that most people who actually work on Jailbreaks have nothing but respect for MN, as do I.
    It is others that try and smear him.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone joshlogic's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbillh77 View Post
    Yep, same here.

Quote Originally Posted by CCNPJediHacker View Post
    I tend to agree with Confucius on this one, I think musclenerd was on the end of a smear campaign. There are a lot of people in the community that do not like him for some reason, personally I think it's coder jealousy;/
    What evidence is there at all that he was being smeared? Was this on Twitter or somewhere else?
    Last edited by joshlogic; 10-01-2012 at 04:30 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,639 Times in 3,903 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    thank you! Someone remembered that idiotic mistake that these people made!
    pod2g had put out a poll shortly before he released te iOS 5.1.x JB asking the public if the could wait for the next major update (6) or ruin it by using all the new exploits for a 5.1.1 JB.
    oh - of course. I remember now. But 6 wasn't even in beta then. So pod2 was referring to next update of ios5. But even if he was referring to 6 - that wasn't a mistake for us to ask for the 5.1.1 untether. And are you honestly saying that you would have preferred to have waited the last 8 months with no untethered jailbreak at all since iPhone 4S came out???? Or are you saying we all should have stayed at 5.0.1 with its terrible battery life issues? C'mon guys. Get real. Everything was done correctly last time around. Waiting for 2-3 months for a major iOS untethered JB is just normal. If you want immediate rooting of your phone go to Android. :-/
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by intrepld View Post
    I ask myself, why would anyone publish same day IOS6 came out, a pic of a jailbroken iphone 5 if the jailbreak will not be available for months and mislead a whole comunity to upgrade. Do they get paid for that? Hmmm
    I agree. It's probably an ego thing with those guys. Who's gonna be the first one to jailbreak the device.
    LOL.

Thanks

The only one with a large Ego was young Mr Hotz - but then he was a genius.

Of course, everyone wants to be first but that is not the point.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,794 Times in 3,028 Posts

It's crazy the amount of scrutiny these guys take for being such a pivotal part of this community. Personally I don't understand why they do it. They could sell each and every exploit they find for huge money. They can come up and take care of their families or cater to the whiny people that don't truly appreciate what amount of time they sacrifice. It would be a no brainier for me.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

EdgeNsketch (10-02-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Jailbreak is like root on Android, there are so many good people out there who put so much time and effort into this, most as a hobby.

And all jailbreak and root systems do not make or break the device, they just allow us to customize and use as we wish. This should be qualified because many early Android systems did "require" it to have phones work as they should (that is how I got into it), but at these levels, phones function, we just want.

So since I do not pay for these jailbreaks, only donate, these people should be shown the respect and patience it takes for them to get to this. They still have day jobs, they don't do this for a living. So the complaints and demands are your frustrations which should be
    directed someplace else. You knew the limitation when you purchased it, you know things can change, and they will, but complaining its not fast enough . . . I do miss by tethering ability and shake to close apps, as well as having to look at Sprint on task bar, but I will live, so will you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    It's crazy the amount of scrutiny these guys take for being such a pivotal part of this community. Personally I don't understand why they do it. They could sell each and every exploit they find for huge money. They can come up and take care of their families or cater to the whiny people that don't truly appreciate what amount of time they sacrifice. It would be a no brainier for me.
    Actually, as per Musclenerd, Pod2g DID sell his exploits for huge money. 100k.
    https://twitter.com/MuscleNerd/statu...60473088077824

I'd say the donations are big enough to motivate the jailbreakers. Comex posted in his article that he recieved 40k in donations on Jailbreakme 2.0 and 15k on Jailbreakme 3.0.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spice_weasel View Post

I'd say the donations are big enough to motivate the jailbreakers. Comex posted in his article that he recieved 40k in donations on Jailbreakme 2.0 and 15k on Jailbreakme 3.0.
    Re read the conversation. Pod2G says he sold a ZDI Butdid not believe it hurt JailBreaking - they do that for fun. As MN says, he would not sell anything, others make money but very few at the expense of helping us for free. Those that do you have probably never heard of.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,794 Times in 3,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spice_weasel View Post

Ya I heard 25k. At any rate good for him and his family.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Ya I heard 25k. At any rate good for him and his family.
    Lots of people have heard lots of things, most of them vastly exaggerated.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan1683 View Post
    I'm sure they post pics to get everyone to adopt the new iOS so everyone updates and they can extort more money out of saurik, not that I feel bad for him and his monopolist outdated Cydia.
    wtf? You have issues. There are so many flaws in what you just said..

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I don't agree...
    I think they've found an exploit, but, as of now, it's only for Developer accts. Once they figure out how to route the exploit to where it is usable for the public, then they'll release a jailbreak. Like others have already said...we must be patient.
    reread the part about it being a failbreak because you don't understand. Believe me I have experience and patience im not sayig a jailbreak wont come out. I'm just saying that people need to calm down because thy think its impossible to jailbreak when in reality he's just saying there isn't an exploit yet so they can't start developing. 3/4s of the wait for the jailbreak is them making it user friendly however they can't do that until they find an exploit.
    Last edited by Mrteacup; 10-01-2012 at 11:09 PM.