+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pod2g: There is No Jailbreak for iOS 6

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I ask myself, why would anyone publish same day IOS6 came out, a pic of a jailbroken iphone 5 if the jailbreak will not be available for months and mislead
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I ask myself, why would anyone publish same day IOS6 came out, a pic of a jailbroken iphone 5 if the jailbreak will not be available for months and mislead a whole comunity to upgrade. Do they get paid for that? Hmmm
    Last edited by intrepld; 09-30-2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: missing facts

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

For the last time...

The iPhone 4 can ALWAYS be jailbroken because of a HARDWARE Exploit (tethered jailbreak).

Any iDevice above an A4 Chip requires a SOFTWARE Exploit.

Stop thinking we can get a tethered jailbreak on A5 & A6 chips unless a HARDWARE Exploit is found.

Do your homework and understand the difference...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

LastSonOfKrypton (09-30-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ccoltmanm View Post
    That is sad. Since the only A5 has a tethered jailbreak possible, it must be with the new A6. Here's hoping.
    A4 has a tethered jailbreak. Not the A5

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm sure they post pics to get everyone to adopt the new iOS so everyone updates and they can extort more money out of saurik, not that I feel bad for him and his monopolist outdated Cydia.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Only reason I jailbreak now is for BiteSMS, SBSettings, and Activator. And then those other little gems you find every now and then. But the vast majority of apps on Cydia are useless, along with Theming which slows down the phone to a stand still. I love iOS 6 (even though it was kind of a disappointment feature wise), does everything it needs to and made my phone A LOT more faster. So point of my post is I can wait for a jailbreak, heck waited two months back when the iPhone 4 first came out.

Thanks

I can wait almost a year for an untethered jailbreak for 6.0... By then some kinks will be ironed out and many of the most used mods on Cydia will be compatible... I waited 5 months for a jailbreak for 3.1.3 and went crazy cause I needed to be Jailbroken to use my phone on t-mobile... I learned after that never to update until a jailbreak is available and even if it is to wait a little longer do things can be updated to work with the newer firmware...

On the bright side, there are many packages on Cydia that already have been updated with support for 6.0... Hang in there y'all...
    Last edited by Sage I; 09-30-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I will have my Nokia 920 by then , it's time for a change here, I maybe come back to Apple, but I am willing to give windows a go again .

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anmiller07 View Post
    And isn't there a tether jb available for most devices? A more appropriate title would be "No jailbreak for A5/A6 device"
    Yes there is a jb but it does NOT install Cydia. You'll have to SSH everything into your phone but there's not enough compatible tweaks released to even consider going through all that trouble. Unless of course you have the capability to update every tweak you want. A theme wouldn't be to hard, but still not worth it, for me at least.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

and it makes sense, even if there was a jailbreak, to wait until Apple releases IOS 6.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone joshlogic's Avatar
    Thanks

Patience. Patience. Patience. Give these talented people time. It amazes me how so many people feel genuinely entitled to a jailbreak (now now now hurry hurry hurry!). Every iOS to date has been jailbroken so be patient and it will be here when it's ready and stable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by intrepld View Post
    I ask myself, why would anyone publish same day IOS6 came out, a pic of a jailbroken iphone 5 if the jailbreak will not be available for months and mislead a whole comunity to upgrade. Do they get paid for that? Hmmm
    You rally have very little idea, do you?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone know how to downgrade from 6 to 5.1.1 without restoring? If so please let me know in a pm cause I want to JailBreak and get a working firmware. 6 ruined my 4s and I hate it but don't want to lose anything that I have on it currently.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Does anyone know how to downgrade from 6 to 5.1.1 without restoring? If so please let me know in a pm cause I want to JailBreak and get a working firmware. 6 ruined my 4s and I hate it but don't want to lose anything that I have on it currently.
    Not possible

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i still believe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Back up everything and restore it back after. What is it you don't want to lose? You do have to do a clean instal of 5.11 there is no 'downgrade' without a restore.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Back up everything and restore it back after. What is it you don't want to lose? You do have to do a clean instal of 5.11 there is no 'downgrade' without a restore.
    Two problems there. You cant restore a backup from a more recent firmware to an older one. And a 4S cannot currently be downgraded back to 5.1.1.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Two problems there. You cant restore a backup from a more recent firmware to an older one. And a 4S cannot currently be downgraded back to 5.1.1.
    But, apart from that...

OK, it's late here. Goodnight.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi. Just new to iPhone 4. Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial of downgrading to 5.1.1 to get my phone jail broken . Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stewie30 View Post
    Hi. Just new to iPhone 4. Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial of downgrading to 5.1.1 to get my phone jail broken . Thanks
    [How To] Stitch Your SHSH Blobs to a Firmware File

You need 5.1.1 SHSH for it to work though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thuwun View Post
    Positive information ... and patience is always the key... Plus they've never let us down before! #iSupport
    I agree also and shall wait.

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha