Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'ProTube 2' Allows You to Take Control of Your YouTube App

Default 'ProTube 2' Allows You to Take Control of Your YouTube App

Most of you are familiar with Jonas Gessner’s ProTube application, which brought YouTube to a whole new level of usability and customization on jailbroken iOS devices. Today, Jonas has launched ProTube 2, which uses Google’s own YouTube application instead of creating another application icon.

ProTube 2 adds a new cell to the YouTube application for downloads, which when tapped, will launch your download manager interface. From the download manager interface, you will be able to see a history of all of your YouTube downloads. You can delete any of the videos from the history that you wish to by swiping on them and tapping the delete button.

When you find a video you like, either by searching for it or by tapping on links, you will be able to use a new button with an arrow pointing downward to download the video. When you tap on the button, you will be asked what quality of the video you want to download, or if you want to only download the audio from the video instead of the entire video. ProTube 2 lets you choose from 1080p, 720p, 360p, and 240p, as well as saving the file as a .m4a audio file.

Videos downloaded using the download manager in ProTube 2 will appear here in the middle of downloading with statistics such as download percentage, time remaining, and file size. When finished, you will be able to see what the video quality of the video you downloaded is, such as 1080p or 720p. When you tap on the blue arrow next to the video, you will be given the options below:

The options you get from tapping on the blue arrow include:
    • Deleting the file
    • Opening the file in an application
    • E-mailing the file
    • Adding the file to your Camera Roll
    • Renaming the file
    • Importing the file to your media applications

To import files from ProTube 2 into your media applications, you will need to have installed Jonas’s Bridge application, which we showed you just a while ago at this link.

Not only does ProTube 2 add video downloading to Google’s new YouTube application, but also it gives you the ability to select the streaming quality of the videos. If you have been experiencing a lot of lag-time with Google’s new YouTube application, it’s probably because the application is pushing the highest quality of the video that it possibly can. ProTube 2 can help you manually override this issue, as shown above.

When you import files to your media applications, such as a YouTube video, you will find them in the corresponding media applications. Audio files will go to the Music application and video files will end up in the Videos application:

ProTube 2 will also block all YouTube ads, allow you to manage your downloads, and support simultaneous downloads. Videos downloaded with ProTube 2 are AirPlay compatible, so you will be able to use this feature for any videos you download if you like taking advantage of external displays.

Google’s new YouTube application already blows Apple’s old YouTube application out of the water, but the fact that ProTube 2 actually builds on the application to make it better without adding another application icon to the home screen is great. If you want to make your iOS YouTube experience better and more powerful, then ProTube 2 is a worthwhile investment. ProTube 2 is compatible with both iOS 5 and iOS 6.

If you have purchased ProTube or ProTube HD from May 1st until now, you can upgrade to ProTube 2 for a discounted price of just 99!

Name: ProTube 2
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 5+, YouTube application
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Jonas Gessner
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 09-30-2012 at 02:07 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone clikzip's Avatar
    Thanks

this looks amazing, cant wait for a jailbreak for my 5

To bad I updated to ios6 now I don't have a jailbreak...

Just purchased it. Very nice.

Nice idea to expand the official app, but I think I will watch this for a while and stick with Pro Tube 1 for now, I wouldn't be surprised to see this not working after an update from Google.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't understand. So is this for the people that don't like the ProTube 1 icon? How does this differ from the first ProTube app other than having the "extra icon" (I have a tweak that allows me to hide icons). A list noting the differences (if any) would have been nice.

This is probably the best part "ProTube 2 will also block all YouTube ads". I would buy if I was jailbroken!

Quote Originally Posted by PeezaPi View Post
    I don't understand. So is this for the people that don't like the ProTube 1 icon? How does this differ from the first ProTube app other than having the "extra icon" (I have a tweak that allows me to hide icons). A list noting the differences (if any) would have been nice.
    lol did you read the article at all?

Quote Originally Posted by stylingsq01 View Post
    To bad I updated to ios6 now I don't have a jailbreak...
    jailbroke mine ios 6. works great
    well ********** always get ipa error
    bur luckely i did a backup of apps so i kust installed them thrue itunes
    so i am very happy 😀

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    lol did you read the article at all?
    Did you read my post? First 3 words were, wait for it, "I don't understand". Now if you would have taken the time to maybe chime in and help me understand why/how this is an "update" instead of a lame comment, your words would have been put to better use. Thanks.

FoxTube/HD is more useful, has better features (looks like crap but the features are worth it, especially the playback features) and its an official App store app so no jailbreak is required.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,587 Times in 1,754 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Labertasche View Post
    Nice idea to expand the official app, but I think I will watch this for a while and stick with Pro Tube 1 for now, I wouldn't be surprised to see this not working after an update from Google.
    Yes you're right about one thing. Utube DL's are notorious for being "broken" when google changes the way it handles streaming. But this dev is really supportive. I've had about 2 days in the life of protube, that it didn't work properly, but there's always updates from him. This is not like the notorious Yourtube that charged you for every update I'm not on os6, so protube still does the job for me, but I'll most likely buy this to support him.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andydigital View Post
    FoxTube/HD is more useful, has better features (looks like crap but the features are worth it, especially the playback features) and its an official App store app so no jailbreak is required.
    From what I understand it no longer downloads them. So either new users are SOL or old users can never get anymore updates.

Thanks

Hmm. I personally preferred the original ProTube since this one requires MobileSubstrate, so it can't run in safe mode (which I am in a lot during development).

Quote Originally Posted by clikzip View Post

That's gonna be a long wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

Quote Originally Posted by clikzip View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth!!!

Thanks

It annoying to have to pay for updates....

iPhone? More like MyPhone clikzip's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    That's gonna be a long wait.
    Well, when i made the comment I hadn't heard there wasnt going to be an iOS 6 JB for awhile. Still ever hopeful its not several months away
    Add me up on xbox live gamertag clikzip.

Thanks

This is awesome, this is definitely a must have
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This looks UNBELIEVABLE! I love protube so this is gonna be a buy just gotta way till pay day
    - Things I have Jailbroken -
    iphone 3g 8gb
    iphone 4 32gb
    Ipad 1st gen 16gb

- Add me on twitter -
    - Mr_wilson1991 -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast