+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook Updates Messenger App for iOS 6

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Facebook Updates Messenger App for iOS 6

Facebook updated its Messenger app to version 2.0 yesterday and with it included a few very useful new features.

The most notable new UI feature is the ability to swipe left from anywhere in the app to reveal the user’s friends list allowing users to easily see who is signed in. The feature was previously available in the Android version of the app released on Sept. 20, but Facebook finally brought the functionality over with version 2.0, as well as updating the app for iOS 6.

Facebook also added the ability for users to “pin” people they frequently message to the top of their favorites list. Facebook has also given the chat interface a nice overhaul to put it in line with the recent iOS Facebook update. Using the app this morning, the claim that the update brings “improved speed and reliability” is somewhat noticeable, especially on older devices.

Hopefully Facebook keeps up with their promise to continually update their Facebook apps, pushing new features and updates out every 4-8 weeks depending on the mobile platform.

Source: CNET

Thanks

wow this must be a first,this update was sent out 2-3 weeks ago for android on my s3,thought iphone gets facebook updates first
    Last edited by rud3bwoy; 09-29-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rud3bwoy View Post
    wow this must be a first,this update was sent out 2-3 weeks ago for anroid on my s3,thought iphone gets it first.
    Then why are you on an apple site? Just to say "android got it first" ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macsrock View Post
    How the heck are you bashing him for making that statement? He just made a statement that just so happen to be true. Stop being such a freaking fanboy

iPhone? More like MyPhone MOJO5873's Avatar
    Thanks

This is about the Facebook app itself. Why can we not copy and paste from the the app. Is there a reason they won't let us do that?

Thanks

This is a terrible update. It took away the option to delete chats! You can't swipe to delete now cuz now it pulls the options menu open. DUMB. AND if I delete a convo on the computer, it still shows up on the app. I have to log out and log back in for it to go away on the app. STUPID. Both Facebook app and it's messenger app got all F'd up with the latest updates...smh...I'm so frustrated.
    Last edited by Magnum; 09-29-2012 at 05:51 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm on an apple site and i have 2 androids and 2 iphones... does that mean i can't be on an apple site?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macsrock View Post
    that's funny considering i have been a member on this site since 08 and you have been here since 2012?lol mind you i had every iphone since the first iphone just as of recent i decided to get a s3,even tho i got a iphone 5 pre order for re sale,so yea kid

Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    This is a terrible update. It took away the option to delete chats! You can't swipe to delete now cuz now it pulls the options menu open. DUMB. AND if I delete a convo on the computer, it still shows up on the app. I have to log out and log back in for it to go away on the app. STUPID. Both Facebook app and it's messenger app got all F'd up with the latest updates...smh...I'm so frustrated.
    Hold down on the chat and an option to archive it will come up.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MOJO5873's Avatar
    Thanks

I understand how to do it in Chat. But I want to do it in the regular FB app. Like to copy someone's post.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Probably took longer on iOS this time because iOS 6 hasn't been out too long along with the iPhone 5 that they had to update for.

Thanks
    that's funny considering i have been a member on this site since 08 and you have been here since 2012?lol mind you i had every iphone since the first iphone just as of recent i decided to get a s3,even tho i got a iphone 5 pre order for re sale,so yea kid
    You're still a troll, kid.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jj2345's Avatar
    Thanks

Some of these dudes just can't understand thats its ok for a person to have both android and iOS devices.
    I wonder how they feel about people who own both an Xbox and a PS3? lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    Some of these dudes just can't understand thats its ok for a person to have both android and iOS devices.
    I wonder how they feel about people who own both an Xbox and a PS3? lol
    yea i can tell nothing more than losers who have nothing else to do,had they known anything i actually made a correct statement.have to love how you aren't allowed to own any other device than a iphone on this site lmao once again you are a real loser if you sit here and bash any members who own any other device than a iphone