+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Maps No Longer "the most beautiful, powerful, mapping service ever"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by rocketApe That's funny stuff, man. Thats how i feel about every comment on MMI, i love being a teenager and understanding the posts better than most of
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocketApe View Post
    That's funny stuff, man.
    Thats how i feel about every comment on MMI, i love being a teenager and understanding the posts better than most of these buffoons

Probably a weird thing but i really like the new map icon, want it as a winterboard theme for ios5 maps!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
    I think this reality check is what apple needs to stop litigating and start innovating again.

Apple is really between a rock and a hard place. You can't spoil your user base just once to gain the upper hand and expect to keep it with mediocre updates.

Apple was doing a find and dandy job handing out breadcrumbs but their users taste buds are getting too accustomed to it and now it's losing it's flavor.
    I couldn't agree more. Despite it being a valid issue, in my opinion Apples's users are becoming a bit too picky.

Thanks

It's picky to expect something to work?

The remove d a great app and replaced it with something that is truly awful, but I guess I shouldn't be so picky...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Banned
    Thanks

Has anyone compared IOS6 maps to IOS5 maps? Its pathetic.
    I did tonight and Google Maps kicks total butt over IOS6 maps.
    Google Maps is so clear when you zoom in you can see flowers, fences, shadows etc where IOS6 maps you see a blur and cant work out anything. Its total crap compared to Google Maps.
    I really hope they drop it and get Google Maps back.
    And Google Maps has street view. Apple Maps will NEVER be that good.

Thanks

I punched in a search for a high school at which my son had a football game, on ios 6 maps... U should have seen what it drew out to make a left turn!... It was quite comical...instead of having me make the left turn at the intersection, it had me go through it, turn right on a side street, go up a block , turn left on another, go a block, turn left on another, go a block, make a left onto the original main street, then stopped near the intersection where I would then make the right! Weird

Needless to say I went back to 5.1.1...
    Last edited by xboxbml; 09-30-2012 at 07:54 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Operator20 View Post
    I still have faith that Apple will come through with a successful mapping application. Now that they are being trashed for their app, it should make them strive to make it even better than they had originally planned for and put extra effort into making it phenomenal.
    Yeah, but why even put work into something somebody else has already done perfectly? From a consumer stand point it's a bizarre move.
    But the answer, I'm sure, is: money.

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I haven't upgraded none of my iDevices because of the map app. Wish Apple would hurry up!
    Wish Google would hurry up and just release a stand alone app. I'm not interested in Apple trying to play catch up on mapping. If they don't know what they're doing, why are they experimenting on me. This never would've happened if Steve was still here.
    Last edited by discostar; 09-30-2012 at 09:59 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    It's picky to expect something to work?

The remove d a great app and replaced it with something that is truly awful, but I guess I shouldn't be so picky...
    I wasn't so much speaking about the maps app there as I was about the overall response to the iPhone 5. Apple put out a good product, yet there are still some who complain that it's not 'revolutionary enough'

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Awdad724 View Post
    Just like apple has advertised if your not happy with the new maps "don't use them" there are plenty of other map apps out there to replace it while they update. People will complain about anything they can find to complain about every year it's something, all I've gotta say is every year there is complaining yet every time apple sells more and more devices. Seems to me that the complainers out there still come back so obviously apples mistakes are not as big as they put them out to be.
    Of course they'll complain and keep coming back. There's plenty of other uses for this device...you're right about that. But with the hype Apple built up about the new Maps app and how amazing it would.be you can't really expect people not to be disappointed and voice their frustration when it turns into a letdown.
    Last edited by RICO_; 09-30-2012 at 04:09 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ferris419's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow all I can do is laugh at all of this ... the whole story and the comments. Really?!?!?

Thanks

Yeah... Tried to edit my earlier post to add a screenshot I took of the comical map error...wouldn't let me. Still won't...says I may not have permission...really?....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When first introduced, Google Maps was not all that, it too needed improvement. Why would anyone expect that Apple's new map app be perfect out the door? It too will be improved upon. For the love of innovation, please be patient!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lvtovc View Post
    When first introduced, Google Maps was not all that, it too needed improvement. Why would anyone expect that Apple's new map app be perfect out the door? It too will be improved upon. For the love of innovation, please be patient!!
    No one would.
    But who would expect Apple to release a beat product like this to replace something that worked?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lvtovc View Post
    Apple and its fanboys brought this on themselves. They talk so much about how perfect apple is and how they never release crappy stuff. Google was one of the first to release their service so of course we expected bugs. Apple has had plenty of time to observe the mistakes Google made but still put something crappy out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity View Post
    Apple and its fanboys brought this on themselves.
    What a strange concept....

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12