Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tim Cook Writes a Letter to Customers About iOS 6 Maps: Apple is Sorry

I'm confused, how does something bad get better with more usage?

"Your arm is broken, go climb a mountain, it will be better by the top!"

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    It will never be at the level of Google Maps so it might as well kill it off like it did Ping.
    I guarantee its better than Google by end of 2013, mark my words. Apple will not allow another MobileMe situation.

Quote Originally Posted by sheon View Post
    Apple is really losing its touch...... they need to get off there *** and go back to making great products instead of suing people
    Why don't you get your head out of your *** and think about what you just said...
    If they stopped suing other companies that are using their patent technologies, then those other companies would gain growth and wealth off what apple built while apple is coming up with more technology for them to steal and get richer on. Get my point? Get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by wdpower View Post

Apple is assuming its users are using the "Report" option when there is an issue which would enable them to fix it. Can't fix it if you don't know there's an issue... How would you know your arm was broken if you don't get diagnosed by the doctor? Also apple is banking on, I'm sure, usage and diagnostic data being sent to them from the people that have it enabled. I would imagine when a result is not given by the application, it gets "vaulted" by the usage feature of usage and diagnostic tool.

Quote Originally Posted by wdpower View Post

It's really beta code... The more people use, the more issues they will find which they can then fix.

Quote Originally Posted by bstunt10190 View Post
    That was so painful to follow/read. Bro, punctuation is your friend.
    Ok. i will follow your advice. My point is that apple isnt the company it was with Jobs. It needed Jobs once and it does so again. They are riding on a already successful product that was previously produced. This one (iphone 5) is just tweaked to be slicker not innovative not amazing. Same product just faster. Step up the game apple oh yeah period lol

Wow, people are rude around here...

I retract my last comment. Just took a trip to sf. iOS 6 maps could not find pier 27. It could not find the location after I got an address. When I got there and dropped a pin for future trips the saved location would not load in the proper place. Then directions home told me to drive way out if the way so I ignored it and drove home with no GPS. Took less then apples estimated time.

Quote Originally Posted by domenicp View Post
    It's really beta code... The more people use, the more issues they will find which they can then fix.
    Until I started purchasing Apple products I had never before had to pay in order to be a Beta Tester...

Since purchasing Apple products I now feel like a full time unpaid Beta Tester...

Quote Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
    Until I started purchasing Apple products I had never before had to pay in order to be a Beta Tester...

Since purchasing Apple products I now feel like a full time unpaid Beta Tester...
    You are still within your 30 days to return if you don't like it... (Assuming you have iphone 5). If not then you should've jailbroke and saved your SHSH to downgrade.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steeda763 View Post
    Steve Jobs' response would have been:

Maps is a breathtaking app that will take you places you've never been you weren't trying to get to. We're using an advanced algorithm a hastily assembled app to determine more exhilarating experiences scary alleyways we could steer you down than you would have by going to your intended (and boring safe) location.

-Steve
    fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    You are still within your 30 days to return if you don't like it... (Assuming you have iphone 5). If not then you should've jailbroke and saved your SHSH to downgrade.
    Which addresses the fact that Apple seems to think it's okay to release Beta versions of flagship products on consumers?

I don't use Siri, she sucks...

I won't use Apple Maps, it blows...

Apple's response, "They're still in Beta" is insulting...

"apple is coming up with more technology for them to steal and get richer on.
    '
    That's funny....apple and new technology...LOL. Coming up with more? Like their borrowed LTE technology? Hired Ex-Google Maps Employees Technology? Were you looking in a mirror when you wrote this statement...if not you might wanna try it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Technology changes all the time, every year there is a new version or update for computers, cell phones, televisions, and ect. Don't you agree that this is the same story here? People's feedback on these products helps the company make their product better. So stfu.

Quote Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
    Which addresses the fact that Apple seems to think it's okay to release Beta versions of flagship products on consumers?

I don't use Siri, she sucks...

I won't use Apple Maps, it blows...

Apple's response, "They're still in Beta" is insulting...
    Actually, Apple's response was not insulting. They admitted they screwed up. That's not insulting to the consumer at all.

As for Siri sucking, and Maps blowing... I'm still laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Forget about superb it is not even mediocre...
    ida it was mediocre people wouldn't complain so much. It is truly cr^p.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by domenicp View Post
    Actually, Apple's response was not insulting. They admitted they screwed up. That's not insulting to the consumer at all.
    It's insulting because they advertise both of these features like they are flagship products that will revolutionize our lives but they throw them out in beta expecting us to deal with the problems as they work out the kinks.

Both Siri & Apple Maps should be AppStore apps (for that matter so should FaceTime and Tethering so carriers can't restrict it like they can built-in features). Unfortunately Apple doesn't care enough about their end users to do such a thing.

I guarantee its better than Google by end of 2013, mark my words. Apple will not allow another MobileMe situation.
    Im sorry, did you see ping?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12