Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPhone 5 Launches in 22 Additional Countries Worldwide

Thanks

Default Apple's iPhone 5 Launches in 22 Additional Countries Worldwide

Availability for Apple’s iPhone 5 increases drastically today as we previously mentioned that select regional carriers across the U.S. are releasing the iOS 6 smartphone and 22 additional countries across the globe are about to do the same.

Apple will be offering broader availability of its newest smartphone by kicking off sales in a further 22 countries around the world. Ongoing stock shortages, however, do mean that, even in the new countries added to the roster, there’s a wait involved for online orders. New orders from Apple’s official store online are currently subject to a 3 to 4 week shipping delay.

The list of new countries that will begin to offer the iPhone 5 can be found below:

• Austria
    • Belgium
    • Czech Republic
    • Denmark
    • Estonia
    • Finland
    • Hungary
    • Ireland
    • Italy
    • Liechtenstein
    • Lithuania
    • Luxembourg
    • Netherlands
    • New Zealand
    • Norway
    • Poland
    • Portugal
    • Slovakia
    • Slovenia
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Switzerland

If you are one of the many who picked up an iPhone 5 in one of the countries listed above, share your experience below!

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    Thanked 6,312 Times in 2,100 Posts

Well disappointed with the New Zealand release 28th Sept. Can only buy the iPhone thru our carriers on a set contract as apparently Apple issued a directive asking all carriers not to sell any iPhone 5 units outright. This apparently only applies for the first wave of the iPhone 5 units but as we know stock is low worldwide. I have a very good data plan which I will lose if I want to acquire the 5 on a contract (24 months). The new contracts are low in data and you pay extra for less really. Looked at the NZ Apple website to see if I could buy one outright there and there is a 3 - 4 week waiting for outright units. Just going to have to wait it out I think.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm so glad I got mine before this happened. Now they're going to be even harder to find!

I can't buy one here, trying every day, and they start selling it to 22 countries.....

Thanks

I'm here in Naples, Italy and I sent my wife on a hunt for it this morning only to find out the local Apple store had a humongous line wrapped around the floor. We managed to get our names on the waiting list for it on the local Navy Base's Vodafone, but I'm still waiting for them to get their so called "shipment in".

How about they first ship out to those who already 'preordered' before they go out looking for more people who want to buy it. I ordered at 12:05 am on friday and I still don't have a ship date.

I'm still waiting to be able to buy an iPhone 5 unlocked and contract free from Apple in the US. How much longer????

Quote Originally Posted by allanes5 View Post
    I'm still waiting to be able to buy an iPhone 5 unlocked and contract free from Apple in the US. How much longer????
    its probably faster and cheaper to just get a contract with ATT.. cancel it and pay $250 for early termination. then pay another $8.00 to have it IMEI unlocked. $199 + $250 + $8 = $557 (tax was no factored in with my calulations)

perhaps contract free phones (unlocked) will be available in late oct ~ $549
    Last edited by daytonaviolet; 09-28-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Why Apple always has to come late when they launch their gadget in INDONESIA