+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 to Release on Regional Carriers Friday, Some of Which Are Offering Discounts

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default iPhone 5 to Release on Regional Carriers Friday, Some of Which Are Offering Discounts

According to PC Mag, the iPhone 5 will be released on regional wireless carriers in the U.S. starting tomorrow, with some carriers offering special incentives such as $50 price cuts to lure customers in. The list of regional carriers include Cellcom, nTelos, Appalachian Wireless, C Spire, GCI and Cricket Communications. All of them will be starting sales of the iPhone tomorrow; a week after the nation’s largest providers launched the device last week.

As mentioned before, a number of the smaller cellular companies, including Cellcom, nTelos, and Appalachian, will be cutting $50 off the normal retail price, bringing contract buys to $149 for the 16GB version, $249 for the 32GB nit, and $349 for the largest 64 GB model. Cricket will be offering the iPhone 5 without a contract for $499.99 and up. The others, C Spire and GCI, haven’t released their prices just yet but they are likely to be similar. According to Cellcom CEO, Pat Riordan, “we’ve seen the anticipation for the iPhone 5 grow and are excited to soon offer our customers this fantastic phone on our network.”

With the introduction of the new handset, last year’s iPhone 4S and the legacy iPhone 4 will also see sizable discounts with some regional carriers extending the $50 price cut to those handsets as well. The smaller operators will also be offering the iPhone 4 for free using the same business model as the nation’s top three carriers.

Are any of you going to be getting an iPhone 5 from a regional carrier?

Source: PC Mag

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

I'm thinking of going with cricket but idk how their services is, and I don't know anyone with cricket
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys,
    Im from India. Can you guys suggest from which carrier should i buy the iPhone 5 from so that i can use it in India?????

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    I'm thinking of going with cricket but idk how their services is, and I don't know anyone with cricket
    Having an iPhone 5 on Cricket is the equivalence of having a Lamborghini with no gas... It'll be awesome to have it, but after a while, you're gonna wanna take it for a spin, & can't...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy215 View Post
    Having an iPhone 5 on Cricket is the equivalence of having a Lamborghini with no gas... It'll be awesome to have it, but after a while, you're gonna wanna take it for a spin, & can't...
    Ha found out I can't even buy it from them they don't support my market area but that's only with the iPhone 5, but it lets me buy other phones.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul Pathi View Post
    Hey guys,
    Im from India. Can you guys suggest from which carrier should i buy the iPhone 5 from so that i can use it in India?????
    Verizon phones are unlocked...