+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bad Piggies Released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Bad Piggies Released

ModMyi has been keeping all of the iOS gamers out there informed about Rovio’s newest release, Bad Piggies. The game puts the player behind the point of view of the pigs rather than the Angry Birds for once. We are excited to share that Bad Piggies is finally live in the App Store today and it’s far from disappointing – according to the game’s 4.5/5 star rating in the App Store, it’s safe to say that gamers agree!

When you start playing the game after you purchase it, you will find a very familiar interface that separates all of the levels into worlds. Right now the number of worlds is limited, but knowing Rovio, more levels will be added to the game in future to keep the game’s merit in tact over a period of time. As you begin new worlds, you will also be greeted by a scrolling storyline for your own amusement.

As the pigs are geniuses and can engineer anything they need out of wood, metal, and other cheap objects, it is your job to make vehicles for them out of the materials they provide for you. You can drag and drop the materials onto a grid where they will snap into place. You must build a type of vehicle frame and then use propulsion systems to get the vehicles to their destination whether it is a shaken-up bottle of soda, gravity, or a fan. Most of these propulsion devices are toggled with a button at the bottom of a screen – timing is everything! You should place the pig somewhere safe inside of the vehicle.

It is possible for your vehicles to break into little bits if they land wrong or if the roof of a cave rips something you added to it off. TNT boxes will also detonate on impact and destroy your vehicles, but they can be used as key elements to propel the pig itself to the finish line; vehicle or no vehicle. Depending on how you do, you will get a rating from 1-3 stars or 0 if you completely flunk the level and end up having to restart. You can also collect stars by running into star boxes with your vehicle.

From our testing with the game, it certainly appears to offer endless minutes, even hours, of entertainment. If you need a new game for your iPhone 5 or other iOS device, Bad Piggies is worth checking out. It is available right now for iOS devices, Mac, PC, and Android devices. App Store download links are included below:

Sources: App Store
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 09-27-2012 at 12:18 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

U guys working on a iPhone 5 update? Also I stopped after in space. Just started to get cheesy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm disappointed that its not designed for the iPhone 5's 4"screen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Also I stopped after in space. Just started to get cheesy.
    I can understand your frustration with Angry Birds, however this isn't Angry Birds. It's a completely different game.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I HATE the new AppStore layout in iOS6. Everything is so big, takes too long to find things now.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I HATE the new AppStore layout in iOS6. Everything is so big, takes too long to find things now.
    Yea I liked it when it was in the list form.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

U guys working on a iPhone 5 update? Also I stopped after in space. Just started to get cheesy.
    Seriously, give it a try; very good game and different from angry birds.

Thanks

Interesting gameplay, I kinda like it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea I liked it when it was in the list form.
    We are all used to the safe familiar format of the old App Store...But just because it is familiar to us does not make it better. Give the new interface/layout a chance, and re-evaluate in a few months.
    El Zurdo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    in the second level, i got the star by going backwards, and then rolled down the hill after the blast. problem is that i missed the 4 second timer. Then i did it again, and skipped the star, but i still get credit for the star.... you think its a bug? i get credit for having gotten it in previous attempts it seems.

appears to be by design... separate challenges
    Last edited by adammsu1983; 09-28-2012 at 10:31 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sammo123's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adammsu1983 View Post
    in the second level, i got the star by going backwards, and then rolled down the hill after the blast. problem is that i missed the 4 second timer. Then i did it again, and skipped the star, but i still get credit for the star.... you think its a bug? i get credit for having gotten it in previous attempts it seems.

not a bug the game is meant to be like this. You can do each challenge in three different runs if you want. It allows for more gameplay since you must constantly change your vehicle design to complete each objective
    RIP Steve Jobs.. You changed the world

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adammsu1983 View Post

Yep, there are 3 challenges you have to get in each level. Each level may have a different challenge.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've never really saw angry birds as great as everyone says it is.