+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Inventory 'Dwindling' Ahead of International iPhone 5 Launch

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Within its first few days of availability, Apple sold an estimated five million units of the newest generation iPhone. And, as a result, supply took an enormous hit as crushing
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Inventory 'Dwindling' Ahead of International iPhone 5 Launch

Within its first few days of availability, Apple sold an estimated five million units of the newest generation iPhone. And, as a result, supply took an enormous hit as crushing demand showed - and continues to show - no sign of decreased momentum.

Unfortunately for Apple, the demand burden will only be amplified in the coming hours as Apple prepares to introduce the iPhone 5 to nearly two dozen additional countries across multiple large and small wireless carriers in those particular geographic locations.

Although Apple isn't speaking to the rumor, it is speculated that the iPhone 5 could be immensely difficult to come by this weekend as first-run stockpiles rapidly dwindle.

On Friday, the iPhone 5 will arrive in 22 new countries. They include: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

Compounding the supply crunch in North America, the iPhone 5 is also launching tomorrow across multiple smaller carriers in the US. As of Friday, you can get the iPhone 5 through such carriers as Cricket, C Spire, Bluegrass Cellular, Cellcom, GCI, Golden State Cellular, Nex-Tech Wireless, Pioneer Wireless, Appalachian Wireless, MTA Solutions, and Alaska Communication Systems and nTelos.

Source: Apple

Thanks

South Africa isnt even getting it in the 'international launch' - you guys should consider yourselves lucky. We'll probably only see it in December

iPhone? More like MyPhone VerizonIphone4_help's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SupaMonkey View Post
    South Africa isnt even getting it in the 'international launch' - you guys should consider yourselves lucky. We'll probably only see it in December
    eh by then hopefully we'll have a untethered JB, so no big deal imo - I'm happy with my ip4 until an untethered comes along.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VerizonIphone4_help View Post
    eh by then hopefully we'll have a untethered JB, so no big deal imo - I'm happy with my ip4 until an untethered comes along.
    Lol. So true. It's just crazy that it can be shown that it can be done but the public release will be months away.

iPhone? More like MyPhone VerizonIphone4_help's Avatar
    Thanks

for me i'd rather have a stable reliable JB 3 months down the road than an unstable one or tethered now. (specially since A5 and prob A6 devices won't be able to go backwards or restore to JB firmware like in iOS5)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VerizonIphone4_help View Post
    Me too

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jj2345's Avatar
    Thanks

Imagine one day everyone in the world had a iPhone,that would suck

Thanks

Dear David Ford,
    Thank you for taking the time to e-mail AT&T regarding your order/delivery status. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. My name is Thelma Taylor, and I will be more than happy to assist you with your inquiry.

I regret to inform you that delivery of your pre-order for iPhone 5, originally scheduled for September 21, 2012, will be delayed. Devices purchased as part of presale are shipped on a first come first serve basis. The actual shipment date is not guaranteed and may be delayed for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and customer's completion of other required AT&T business processes.