Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Trying to Patent Siri Voice Assistant Components

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    More reasons why Apple sucks. It didn't invent Siri. All it did was buy the company that did invent Siri but it wants to take all the credit.

Google search is better than Siri in just about every way. Go check out the video on youtube that compares the two and you will see how pathetic Siri really is and how good Google Search is. (Is it called Google Search? Whatever)

So if the patent goes through I'm guessing Apple will again Sue Samsung for its voice technology. Or Apple will sue Google over its search. It'll sue someone like it always does.
    Apple just has too much money and doesn't know what to do with it. Instead of making the best device ever it sues the competition and keeps releasing inferior devices.
    Yea. They did buy it from a military based co. I think. But I will admit I do prefer a iPhone and use it as a daily driver but google voice is a lot better then Siri. Not that s-voice crap that is just as bad as Siri.

i read somewhere that its a Chinese technology which Apple stole and isnt Apple being dragged into court because of that?

Google Voice is a voicemail service. Google search is nothing more than a search bar. Google Now is the service that absolutely trumps Siri in every shape way and form. Google Now has a very unique functionality to it, the problem is you either have to root and install AOSP based roms, or Google now, or own a Google branded phone like a Nexus - so 95% of people either either, obviously, have no idea what it's called, or just don't know it exists, or just don't know how they can get it.

Its once again another way Google shoots themselves in the foot by whoring Android out to Samsung, Motorola and HTC.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    I think android is funny. It's obvious they are ripping off the Siri concept. When Siri first debuted the android cheif executive Andy Ruben made a statement along the lines of, "I don't believe your phone should be an assistant." He went as far as bashing the idea saying you should use your phone to communicate not actually communicate with your phone. But then they eventually developed they own Siri. I just think this is laughable to a point.
    So true man, so true!

And yes, bigger companies buy out smaller ones.....duh. This makes "Apple suck"? Apple does things the right way. They buy these companies and their tech. They then refine, and then implement the new tech in their products. Then companies like Samsung come along and decide to just copy exactly whatever it is Apple has done.

You can bash Apple for taking a idea (legally, buying it), and making it better if you want. But if you do, using your own logic you should REALLY be bashing companies like Samsung, for just taking ideas (illegally), and then attacking the company they stole it from.
    El Zurdo

Quote Originally Posted by Slimz View Post
    Google Voice is a voicemail service. Google search is nothing more than a search bar. Google Now is the service that absolutely trumps Siri in every shape way and form. Google Now has a very unique functionality to it, the problem is you either have to root and install AOSP based roms, or Google now, or own a Google branded phone like a Nexus - so 95% of people either either, obviously, have no idea what it's called, or just don't know it exists, or just don't know how they can get it.

Its once again another way Google shoots themselves in the foot by whoring Android out to Samsung, Motorola and HTC.
    Actually Google Now comes with Jelly Bean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12