+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Users Experiencing Difficulty Trying to Unplug Apple's New Lightning Connector

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Users Experiencing Difficulty Trying to Unplug Apple's New Lightning Connector

Along with Apple’s new handsets, such as the iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5G, Apple ships a new sync cable called the Lightning Connector. It’s faster and smaller; the size allowed for Apple to pack more technology into the new generation iOS devices. The Lightning Connector is replacing the older 30-pin connector for future iOS devices.

Along with issues plaguing the iPhone 5 with scuffing and issues causing the Maps application to not work as expected, it appears that yet another issue is surfacing with another of Apple’s brand new products – the Lightning Connector.

Users are now reporting they are having trouble with the Lightning Connector’s USB end getting stuck in their computer’s USB port. In some cases, it was so extreme that it was necessary to take the machine to an Apple Store to have the USB end forcibly ejected from the machine.

CNET cites the issue as a possible problem with the USB connector itself, as the security latches appear to be much deeper than the previous USB plug, causing too much bite:

Original 30-pin connector: top. New Lightning Connector: bottom.

If you are having similar problems, you should look into taking your cable to the Apple Store and see if you can get a replacement. The problems do not appear to be affecting everybody, so there is a chance you might get a better cable the second time around.

Sources: CNET

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

First wifi issues, then maps, then scuffing, now this... man, i'm glad i decided to wait before trading up from the 4 to the 5.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    First wifi issues, then maps, then scuffing, now this... man, i'm glad i decided to wait before trading up from the 4 to the 5.
    I agree.
    Nothing in life is easy.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 670 Posts

It's a new connector what do you expect? It's tight. Mine is tight too. Just grab it and wiggle back and forth. I'd rather have it to tight than to loose tho. Or do what I did too? I ordered extra lightening USB cable so I can leave one at home for the computer and have one for the car/travel :-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I Love my IP5! The speed blows my IP4 away, its unbelievably light, the screen and new camera are amazing too!!

Don't really like apple maps but my cable works fine, no scuffs, no light leaks, no wi-fi issues, and kept my unlimited data with Verizon without paying full price!! What i want to know is what percentage of IP5's are actually having any of these problems. I call Witch Hunt!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't had any issues with my iPhone 5. It's funny how I read posts where people say I'm glad I waited to upgrade. Seriously? I think it they had an opportunity to upgrade it would have been a done deal. I own every iPhone and the 5 is by far the best. Sure there may be a few people that have issues, but out of the millions of phones out there right now the issues we are seeing are petty.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

People will complain about any freaking thing. My iPhone 5 has been kicking *** since day 1. Maps work perfectly for what i need it to, havent seen a wifi issue yet, havent seen any light leaking, no scuffs from the factory, zero issues. Only issue i have is Sprint not having the LTE up and running yet in Chicago. Oh and I wish they included an extra lightening USB cable or a voucher for a free one because it SUCKS having to carry the cord around with me all day.

Thanks

Only issue/complaint I have with mine is, no jailbreak.

Really miss my themes!!!
    http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/3264/rantlogo.png

Thanks

OMG!!!!! This is about the stupidest Crap. Some people need 2 cans and a string. I have the white/silver 64gb 5 wrapped in an Otter Box and I have no problems with anything connectors, light bleed or scratches or wifi.

The only thing not perfect with the iPhone 5 is the maps, but it is workable.

Some people actually believe some of this cheap posted.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok. Scuffs on the sides... i agree. Put a full invisible shield.
    Wifi... It works fine on mine so I don't know what to say.
    But whoever came up with this complain is a pussy. I've had my iPhone 5 since day one and I've charged it a few times and I had no issues with it. It's obvious it has to be tight or else it would fall easily and people would complain about that. It was probably fagdroid user who tried the iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    It's a new connector what do you expect? It's tight. Mine is tight too. Just grab it and wiggle back and forth. I'd rather have it to tight than to loose tho. Or do what I did too? I ordered extra lightening USB cable so I can leave one at home for the computer and have one for the car/travel :-)
    New connector?? The issue was with the USB end of the cable, not the Lightning end. USB has been used since forever. How does one not get that portion of the cable right after all these years, especially Apple, touting how high their quality of products are?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to av911 For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (09-26-2012)

Thanks

For those with wife's or gf's why don't u try to nit pick them to death and see what happens.

My point is this is 1 sexy ph. Lighter, faster and to me the best 1 yet. It's not just a ph it's a bad azz computer with the best op system. Nothing is perfect. I love this white/silver and hate to cover it up with my otter box, but I dropped my last ph 4s and shattered the glass. Not going to do that again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's always something (with every launch, with every phone, from every manufacturer) There hasn't been an iPhone (or other phone for that matter) launch without incident. With the following that Apple has comes extreme scrutiny. We will always pick apart every little detail of a launch product. I'm not saying that this cable issue isn't a big deal, it's simply "just something else". Be it scuffing, Antenna-gate, Wifi-issues, Light leaks, Maps issues, What ever it may be next week and so on.... It has to be expected, especially when Apple goes to he extremes that they due to keep their products under wraps and totally secret until the very moment that they ship 5 million of them out. It's completely impossible to beta-test EVERY single aspect of a new piece of hardware in every square inch of the earth to see how it will work, not to mention rolling out a new handset with a completely new OS.

Even in the worst case scenario: You wake up because you notice light leaking around a manufactured seem of you new iPhone5 in your dark bedroom. You try to inspect the case, only to find that your sync cable is stuck in your iMac. So you try to use your iPhone5 to locate the closest Apple store for repair, but your Wifi isn't working correctly on your iPhone5. You switch to 4g and locate the Apple store but on the way there you get lost because the new Maps App in iOS6 isn't as accurate as you thought it should have been at launch. When you finally make it home from you fiasco to the Apple store you notice that because you didn't invest in a protective case to protect your new iPhone5 from danger it has been scratched by the keys in your pocket.... Even after that complete worst case scenario, with all of the known issues to date, and the frustration.... You still have a iPhone 5 and not a clunky, cheaply made android phone.... So relax and basque in the fact you still have the top of the line handset even though it's not the magical unicorn that you's imagined it would be straight out of the box. It's still the best handset made and you could've blown your money on FAR worse.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Saved0ne's Avatar
    Thanks

ROFFL!!

Users are now reporting they are having trouble with the Lightning Connector’s USB end getting stuck in their computer’s USB port. In some cases, it was so extreme that it was necessary to take the machine to an Apple Store to have the USB end forcibly ejected from the machine.
    Are you effin serious? Sounds like some dumbasses reported this...

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    Seriously, there really aren't that many problems with it... I haven't had one, except I got it replaced the day I got it because it had some light issue, but seriously? It'll be sent back to Apple and then refurbed..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I love the secure connection of the USB end. It is a little snug, but who cares? Grow some muscle? People will find anything to complain about...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I feel like people are just looking for things to complain about. If One person has a problem with their USB cable all the sudden its an epidemic.

So far my iPhone 5 blows my iPhone 4s out of the water speed wise. The feel of my iPhone 5 is way better in my hand than my iPhone 4s. LTE is blazing fast averaging 16Mbps down. and 0 wifi issues infact my wifi feels faster, 0 USB issues lol, and no map issues so far for me. I have had my I5 since day one it came out with no case or protector and not one scuff on it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I never comment about things like this. I have iPhone5 and I do have this problem. Not with the actual cable that came with the phone, however with the actual extra cable that I purchased from the apple store. I had a hard time removing it from my car (2013 G37), but with the cable that came with the phone, I have no problems. YES this is a problem and yes it needs to be fixed.

Thanks

I think these problems must come from one or two users, because there's 3 iPhone 5's in my house and none of them with any problems expect one had a very very small scuff by the power button you gotta stare it for bit to find it but besides wifi works, no leakage, maps 100% working. I mean I know out of 2million units some will have problems but don't mean all 2million units are gonna come like that people over react.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Thanks

Default I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by lexball50 View Post
    People will complain about any freaking thing. My iPhone 5 has been kicking *** since day 1. Maps work perfectly for what i need it to, havent seen a wifi issue yet, havent seen any light leaking, no scuffs from the factory, zero issues. Only issue i have is Sprint not having the LTE up and running yet in Chicago. Oh and I wish they included an extra lightening USB cable or a voucher for a free one because it SUCKS having to carry the cord around with me all day.
    one cable is kicking my *** 2. Is going to be months before a third party make some for better price .. The only issue I have found in my phone is the network signal.. can't remember the last time my phone 4s show me edge signal. The iPhone 5 the soon I arrive to my job it switch to edge and I can't stand it..

Green Apple
    Thanks

I absolutely love mine, and laugh at these articles. Seems there is an iphone cult, and the fast growing anti iphone cult.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast