+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Users Experiencing Difficulty Trying to Unplug Apple's New Lightning Connector

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by aerohunter I am having issues with the connector too. Once I plug in a USB hub, other devices on the same hub do not work properly. On
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 667 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aerohunter View Post
    I am having issues with the connector too. Once I plug in a USB hub, other devices on the same hub do not work properly. On the same USB hub, a epson printer started making beeping sound, Jawbone Icon blinks red and does not charge to the fullest. I had to remove the lighting connector from the hub.
    Easy fix you have to much plug in and your USB hub cant handle all of the electrical needs of all your plugged in devices! Plus USB hubs are mainly for transferring data and not charging multiple devices.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sheon View Post
    can there be any more fanboys defending apple? holy **** -_-

I *love* my iPhone 5. I've owned every iPhone since day 1.

But, I will agree - something is "wrong" with my charging cable. I literally had to rip it out of my USB port the first few times I used it. It has loosened up some, but it's not just a matter of it being new. It is definitely defective in some way.

But hey -- small price to pay for an awesome device!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

can there be any more fanboys defending apple? holy **** -_-

the cable is tight for me its hard to unplug it from the wall adapter and its hard to unplug it from my sony vaio laptop

no other usb cables of mine have this problem only the Apple lighting usb cable....

quality control has failed BAD latley at Apple its real crap now i dont know if there not treating foxconn right and there revolting on Apple or some **** who knows.....

but **** like scratches and messed up USB cables need to be fixed I dont pay 849$ for a iPhone to be Subpar I want my **** perfect right out of the box nothing else I went from a Galaxy Note to this phone so im not to impressed with Apple quality at the moment
    Lmao at this guy. Can't even unplug a USB with out crying

Thanks

there is nothing wrong with the lightning connector, just the USB side has difficulties removing. title is a little misleading

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

No issues with anything on my end. I kinda like that the connector stays in there a little snug. If people dont like the maps, buy or download something different. Simple as that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There's always going to be minor complaints affecting a minority of users. The iPhone 5 is still a great phone And worth the upgrade

Green Apple
    Thanks

Love this phone. I have a little clear cheap plastic case and it gives me piece of mind. Only thing is dumb 2gb is not enough for me! I want unlimited data. Damn you ATT.

Thanks

... I went from a Galaxy Note to this phone so im not to impressed with Apple quality at the moment
    At least now you're not holding a tablet to your ear to talk anymore!

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 723 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Lmao at this guy. Can't even unplug a USB with out crying
    Agreed. I love how people will pay full price for a phone. $849 that's crazy. I didn't pay a single dime for my phone. I sold my old 4s

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default People having issues
    As soon as I got my iphone 5 did a visual inspection. So far no scuffing marks, no problems with the WiFi, my only issue is that it eats up battery like my iPhone 4 did. But beyond that nothing else to ***** about.

Oh I did put the phone in an otterbox as soon as I inspected it and found no scratches on it.

Thanks
    I've had absolutely zero issues with my phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaddestiPod View Post
    HOW did you manage to keep unlimited data and not pay full price!?
    Got a PM about this too, so I decided to make a thread.

IP5 Keep Unlimited Data without paying full price CONFIRMED!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    At least now you're not holding a tablet to your ear to talk anymore!
    Quality retort!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    It's a new connector what do you expect? It's tight. Mine is tight too. Just grab it and wiggle back and forth. I'd rather have it to tight than to loose tho. Or do what I did too? I ordered extra lightening USB cable so I can leave one at home for the computer and have one for the car/travel :-)
    lol,, lame excuse. so what do users do about the scuffs and scratches? the wifi, the purple lens flare? and......the maps.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 667 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    lol,, lame excuse. so what do users do about the scuffs and scratches? the wifi, the purple lens flare? and......the maps.
    Well if your asking questions about those items then you haven't bothered to read those threads. For myself I don't have any of these issues an pleased with my phone so far ;-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    First wifi issues, then maps, then scuffing, now this... man, i'm glad i decided to wait before trading up from the 4 to the 5.
    I've had mine since day one and no issues at all. I also never had any issues during the "supposed" "Antenna-gate" on the iPhone4. My Lightning cables are fine they fit a little snug but no more so than any other USB cable I own. I have three Lightning cables total, one for home, one for my car and one for the office and none of them have issues.

I guess iOS6 Maps seems to have some issues as Apple has apologized for it but I have been using the crap out of it since the first iOS6 Beta and it has always worked for me here in the Atlanta area. I have even compared it to my Garmin app and it's just as accurate and reliable. I personally always felt Google Maps was less than perfect. If I had a nickel for every time Google Maps gave me bad directions, I could buy 2-3 more iPhone5's.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234