+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Users Experiencing Difficulty Trying to Unplug Apple's New Lightning Connector

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Space bar issue? What's wrong with the space bar? I bought two extra lightning cables at the apple store last Saturday. I should have bought more and sold them on
    Thanks

Space bar issue? What's wrong with the space bar?

I bought two extra lightning cables at the apple store last Saturday. I should have bought more and sold them on eBay! I'd be a millionaire! Or I'd b really frustrated that I can't unplug any of them!

What's Jailbreak? Unique techniiq's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    Space bar issue? What's wrong with the space bar?

I bought two extra lightning cables at the apple store last Saturday. I should have bought more and sold them on eBay! I'd be a millionaire! Or I'd b really frustrated that I can't unplug any of them!
    Quite often when i am typing and if i dont hit the spacebar just right it will not "register" i think the actual placement of the spacebar has been moved up a little bit? It seems i usually hit below the spacebar, or near the bottom of the button causing it not to register.

Thanks

This is a joke.. Are you kidding me? People seem to make a big deal of everything jeeze.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I dont have a single problem with my phone so I'm good.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sevael View Post
    The only issue I have with the Lightning cable is that you can't buy more yet! The local Apple Store is sold out (since launch day), the online Apple Store is back-ordered for nearly a month, no third-party versions available... If anything happens to the one and only Lightning cable I currently have, my phone is useless until replacements eventually become available.
    I dont know where you are but a few hrs ago i walked out of the apple store with another lighting cable so i can use in my car charger. There were about 20 more hanging in the wLl.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i'll get mine in a few months..

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jaybell4444's Avatar
    Thanks

+1...My phone has been working perfect since day 1. No issue's here whatsoever!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lexball50 View Post
    People will complain about any freaking thing. My iPhone 5 has been kicking *** since day 1. Maps work perfectly for what i need it to, havent seen a wifi issue yet, havent seen any light leaking, no scuffs from the factory, zero issues. Only issue i have is Sprint not having the LTE up and running yet in Chicago. Oh and I wish they included an extra lightening USB cable or a voucher for a free one because it SUCKS having to carry the cord around with me all day.
    Yea CHICAGO!

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey one cable smaller and faster? Every cable that is smaller and faster suppose to do that with the time and use... That is something normal...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Not one single problem with mine either. You people with an IP4 "holding out", I feel bad for you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sammo123's Avatar
    Thanks

Have people become so dumb that they have to complain about a connector that is nice and tight. Personally i think it is way better than the other connector and I'm strong enough to pull it out with no issues
    RIP Steve Jobs.. You changed the world

Green Apple
    Thanks

BLAH BLAH BLAH!! Everyone has something negative to say to scare people. I have the I5 and It's amazing. The maps work for me perfectly. The speed is sick fast and the 4G is also lightning fast. I have 0 issues with the usb cable. I have no scuffs on my phone.
    If your holding back because of reports of issues just remember all the nay sayers will come out in droves to bash the phone and I'm sure many of them don't even own one probably Samsung Galaxy owners.

Cheers to all who have the I5

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 672 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptum View Post
    For the price we are paying for the phone, I *expect* it to work correctly. The USB end is NOT new. Apple has been producing millions of the for years.
    I know this is not a new connector by design ok? Just saying its a new cable as in its hasn't been broken in

iPhone? More like MyPhone SAVAGE5's Avatar
    Thanks

I love my i5

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I purchased the 5 and had an issue with WiFi. It was replaced the next day and I love the phone. I understand that their are issues, but it seems to me that Apple is just becoming a victim of their past success. There will always be issues when items roll out

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
    I haven't had any issues with my iPhone 5. It's funny how I read posts where people say I'm glad I waited to upgrade. Seriously? I think it they had an opportunity to upgrade it would have been a done deal. I own every iPhone and the 5 is by far the best. Sure there may be a few people that have issues, but out of the millions of phones out there right now the issues we are seeing are petty.
    i cant agree with this more!!!!!!! "glad i waited" "never try a new product" "everyone should way for the '5s'" lmao fact is most probably didnt have an upgrade and wouldnt pay full retail for an iphone.. I got my 5 and couldnt be happier with it.. Has the same iOS that we all love, and has best hardware.

Technology will never be perfect. people buy cars and have them break down in a month and other last longer than they live.. just the way life goes..

but thank you for calling BS

Quote Originally Posted by Sevael View Post
    The only issue I have with the Lightning cable is that you can't buy more yet! The local Apple Store is sold out (since launch day), the online Apple Store is back-ordered for nearly a month, no third-party versions available... If anything happens to the one and only Lightning cable I currently have, my phone is useless until replacements eventually become available.
    think i counted 30 in my local store the other day when i was there. then saw a friend that needed one so i went back and guess what now there is 29.. haha

no shortage here on lightning connectors
    Last edited by subywrex; 09-26-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unique techniiq View Post
    Quite often when i am typing and if i dont hit the spacebar just right it will not "register" i think the actual placement of the spacebar has been moved up a little bit? It seems i usually hit below the spacebar, or near the bottom of the button causing it not to register.
    Using an iPhone 5? I have found it a little weird typing in apps that aren't updated for iPhone 5. Nothing I can't adapt to though

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    First wifi issues, then maps, then scuffing, now this... man, i'm glad i decided to wait before trading up from the 4 to the 5.
    Wow, so you buy into everything people say? How about checking percentages and thinking for yourself? I have 3 iPhone 5s in our house, no wifi issues, no scuffs or scratches, the maps app works perfectly, etc, so should I have waited to upgrade? Half of these complaints are stupid, non-repeatable or the result of overblown issues effecting a small subset of users. It happens every time a be Apple device comes, do I am tired of Android users coming on here posing as Appke users just to fuel the flames. You may have an iPhone, But I doubt it!

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    First wifi issues, then maps, then scuffing, now this... man, i'm glad i decided to wait before trading up from the 4 to the 5.
    Wow, so you buy into everything people say? How about checking percentages and thinking for yourself? I have 3 iPhone 5s in our house, no wifi issues, no scuffs or scratches, the maps app works perfectly, etc, so should I have waited to upgrade? Half of these complaints are stupid, non-repeatable or the result of overblown issues effecting a small subset of users. It happens every time a be Apple device comes, do I am tired of Android users coming on here posing as Appke users just to fuel the flames. You may have an iPhone, But I doubt it!
    Last edited by jbardi; 09-26-2012 at 07:19 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    think i counted 30 in my local store the other day when i was there. then saw a friend that needed one so i went back and guess what now there is 29.. haha

no shortage here on lightning connectors
    You guys who still have access are lucky. Many cities are completely sold out, as is the online Apple Store. My local Apple Store sold out of their stock on launch day and places like Best Buy and Future Shop still haven't received any. They have plenty of the ear pods though. :P

With access to that many lightning cables, I'd buy them all and eBay them. Every single eBay auction for lightning cables states they will ship in mid or late October. You could make a fortune. I'd pay 40 bucks for one right now if I could have it in my hands by Friday.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am having issues with the connector too. Once I plug in a USB hub, other devices on the same hub do not work properly. On the same USB hub, a epson printer started making beeping sound, Jawbone Icon blinks red and does not charge to the fullest. I had to remove the lighting connector from the hub.