Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Enable 3D Maps and Turn-By-Turn Navigation On Older iOS 6 Devices

Any word on the Apple Maps port to IOS 5.1.1 for us still on itg due to jailbreak?

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic636 View Post
    Any word on the Apple Maps port to IOS 5.1.1 for us still on itg due to jailbreak?
    Why on earth would anyone want it?

I had to go to 40 Bank Street today. Fairly well known. Type it into Google Maps and it shows it in Canary Wharf. type it into Apple Maps and it suggests 40 Cank Street in Leicester.

Apparently Apple Maps works (mainly) in the USA, if you live outside of the USA it is a total waste of space and the main reasonI won't update my iPad.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok so how are we to get these tweaks on our ios6 ran devices if no jailbreak is out for them (that include Cydia). Do you have to just install the deb file online and use something like ifunbox to install deb?

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Instead of typing in that command to install that app how about the command to install Cydia.
    wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://downloads.kr1sis.net/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh

Then just install whatever you like the normal Cydia way.
    If it was this easy we'd all have an untethered jb including Cydia already.
    Last edited by PoEtikly; 09-26-2012 at 11:27 AM.

I can not seem to download the redsn0w_win_0.9.13dev4 software as I get the The connection was reset error. I have a Windows computer and a Mac. does anyone have this file and can send it in a zip file? Thanks

Are you trying to download it from https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-de...edirects=0&d=1 ?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Yes confucious this is where I have been trying to download it from https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-de...edirects=0&d=1 Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 870 Posts

I got 3D maps working only problem i have is when i'm using maps it doesn't show the street where i'm driving only the arrow and the top dirrections... And the voice, it's very acurrate so far!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Can't use turn-by-turn directions in lock mode. The lock screen converts back to normal after a few seconds. I'm guessing because the tweak doesn't insert to Springboard well.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Is there any application for 3d maps for IOS 6 devices.
    Thanks in advance.
    mod edit/links removed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12