Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Phil Schiller Comments On iPhone 5 Scuffing Issues

Mine is perfect.
    Last edited by ZXMustang; 09-26-2012 at 06:15 PM.

iPhone 4 = problems
    iPhone 4S = no problems
    iPhone 5 = problems
    iPhone 5S/6 = no problems

Glad I waited

3. The Following User Says Thank You to klouud For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (09-25-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    iPhone 4 = problems
    iPhone 4S = no problems
    iPhone 5 = problems

Glad I waited
    +1

Default iphone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    iPhone 4 = problems
    iPhone 4S = no problems
    iPhone 5 = problems

Glad I waited
    Mine should be here tomorrow morning I'll reported back to see if i get one that screw up i hope not

Had they rounded those edges a bit, this probably wouldn't be a problem... a bulk of the stress on the paint in concentrated on hair-this lines.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The scuffing on the phone before opening it is quality control issue at Foxconn, I am sure they are working on improving QC. I doubt Apple will address this issue any further. Sucks for the first batch of people who did get the phone and it was already scratched.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itsTrentB View Post
    Apple is just plain out greedy. Period.
    What the hell is wrong with you. Apple REPLACES a $600 product because of a tiny microscopic scratch that a handful of users are whining about, and that is your conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by wukillabee View Post
    Lol at these complaints. This is why you buy important things at the store, not online. If you where at the store, opened your new iphone while they were getting your new nano sim card, look and see any visible defects, you say i want another. Do the same step as above until you find one in mint condition. Done. What's so hard about that? Silly people, never cease to amaze the ignorance.
    So your saying we can't buy "important" things online?? You don't make any sense. If I pay for something and I don't like it, you best believe I'm gonna *****!!
    Last edited by hogcia; 09-25-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhudson View Post
    you bastards. =(
    lol...this made me laugh too!
    I ordered mine at 12:27 PM eastern time, right at lunch, through AT&T and it came on the 21st at 10:00 am. I don't understand all the back up orders! Mine came perfect. No scratches. It was promptly put into it's case, where it will stay, until the lifeproof case is made. I will not risk any scratches.

iPhone? More like MyPhone louee6's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple basically said, you buy my product and shut the f@&k up!!! Well hey, you rushed to get the phone, you should've known something wasn't gonna be right!! I'm sure appple will fix it in the long haul, NOTTTTTTTTT!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HighTymes View Post
    The customer never mentioned that phones where coming in that condition right out of the box. So how else would someone warrant a product for scratches over time?

I would respond the same way, normal use over time will scratch any case.

If your phone comes scratched right out I the box then return it, seems like such a simple task but I guess too much for some to handle. No phone is going to be perfect every time.
    No phone should come out the box scratched. You shouldn't have to take a new phone back soon as you get it.

Why is this such a difficult issue? Take it back for a replacement and stop crying!!

Geez!

Thanks

Im cool..my iphone 4 don't have a scratch on it... because its scratch proof lol

Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
    Get a clue people, Apple is not Greedy, they are not out to screw us over....my god I've never seen so many frickin' whiners. They recognize it and looking into it, and replacing where noted. Obviously none of you work in a manufacturing side of life, crap happens it's all about once recognized what is done about it. God you people must be hell to live with. Go tell your Mommies and suck you thumbs....
    It's called quality control. If you have that, there's no need the issues they are having now.
    iPhone 4 Quote: Its so easy, a caveman can use it!

I wouldn't say they're greedy, but I do think Steve Jobs would have addressed the issue with a customer-friendly conclusion. I received my iPhone 5 the day it came out via shipping and I was surprised to find that some of the edges on the black aluminum sides weren't fully covered (you could see some silver, as if they were spray painting the sides and missed a bit on the edges). I also found some silver scruffs. Steve Jobs may not have had a lot to do with the design, I just think that this type of thing wouldn't happen with him still around.

Just got my iPhone 5 just now. Installing everything on it. No scratches. Works perfect. Even from a 4s user. This thing is awesome

Scuffgate, scuffgate, Scuffgate!!!

Which is why they replace it for free. My friend tried that with his GS3 he got, had a giant mark on the back out of the box, they told him they couldn't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by wukillabee View Post
    Lol at these complaints. This is why you buy important things at the store, not online. If you where at the store, opened your new iphone while they were getting your new nano sim card, look and see any visible defects, you say i want another. Do the same step as above until you find one in mint condition. Done. What's so hard about that? Silly people, never cease to amaze the ignorance.
    The phones come with a sim in it. It's activated and you leave. 5 minutes in and out

Hopefully by the time they release the jailbreak they will just have the chrome finish like the white ones. Do any iPhone owners feel compelled (by jealousy or embarrassment I'm guessing) to lurk the android sites & nitpick-troll their customers? I wonder why fandroids have so much anger towards a product that they feel is inferior to theirs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast