Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wozniak Admits Disappointment with Apple Maps

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I am sure people who lives in big cities like Los Angeles, New York, etc will have better experience with maps than people who lives outside these areas. Only makes sense to map highly populated cities with accurate maps first, then when they have time map the less populated ones. I bet the map is super accurate at Cupertino California.
    This is probably why some of you do not have problems with maps right now. But putting out beta form of map out before it is ready is just stupid, they could have offered this map as downloadable free app later integrate it as part of iOS in iOS 6.1 or 6.2 when it is ready.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Why isn't he in charge of Apple? He sounds like a smart man.
    I've seen a few things he's said and he's down to earth and its not all in his head like jobs was.
    If he was in charge we would all have an awesome iPhone instead of the piece of crap you got now.
    He turned Apple down.

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    It should have never been released in its current form is the point. I'm all for apple releasing their own in house products if they measure up, but this was a huge mistake on their part.
    What Apple should have done is release the maps app as beta just like Siri and admit there is still a lot of work to be done. Instead, they acted like it was the best thing since sliced bread in the unveiling. They would not be going through criticism like this if they put out as beta...

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    Woz is an engineer, not a marketing guy. He doesn't care about the propaganda politics and he plays with any geek toy available. But don't be fooled. He's worth almost a billion because of Apple, he ain't no fool.
    Exactly and seems from all the stuff he has always been that way. He wanted to give away the design of the first boards him and Steve made because he wanted to share the work they had done. He is an engineer at heart and wants to check things out himself and he likes people. Ever see the stories of him at the Apple store for launches of big products. He seems to just go to see how people are and talk with people.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Whiners
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Why isn't he in charge of Apple? He sounds like a smart man.
    I've seen a few things he's said and he's down to earth and its not all in his head like jobs was.
    If he was in charge we would all have an awesome iPhone instead of the piece of crap you got now.
    Do you even own an Iphone 5, or have you used one?
    I do and I have.
    Every year it's the same pundits whining and crying in their beer because Apple didn't do this or didn't include that!
    Since activating it, I have used it for maps, billing programming, music, podcasts, videos, etc. It has not disappointed me.

The iphone 5 is 3 times the machine that my iphone 4 is! And it isn't even jailbroken yet.
    I will admit that I prefer Google Maps to Apple Maps, but Apple does have turn by turn and you can choose to use
    Siri with maps if you want to. Look at the following 2 tests regarding the Iphone 5 and think again.

THE DREADED DROP TEST...IPHONE 5 VS SAMSUNG GALAXY S3
    iPhone 5, Galaxy S III In Water Resistance And Other Tests [VIDEO] | Redmond Pie

APPLE IPHONE 5 DEEMED THE FASTEST SMARTPHONE IN THE LAND:
    http://modmyi.com/content/8854-apple-s-iphone-5-deemed-fastest-smartphone-land.html

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    Do you even own an Iphone 5, or have you used one?
    I do and I have.
    Every year it's the same pundits whining and crying in their beer because Apple didn't do this or didn't include that!
    Since activating it, I have used it for maps, billing programming, music, podcasts, videos, etc. It has not disappointed me.

The iphone 5 is 3 times the machine that my iphone 4 is! And it isn't even jailbroken yet.
    I will admit that I prefer Google Maps to Apple Maps, but Apple does have turn by turn and you can choose to use
    Siri with maps if you want to. Look at the following 2 tests regarding the Iphone 5 and think again.

THE DREADED DROP TEST...IPHONE 5 VS SAMSUNG GALAXY S3
    iPhone 5, Galaxy S III In Water Resistance And Other Tests [VIDEO] | Redmond Pie

APPLE IPHONE 5 DEEMED THE FASTEST SMARTPHONE IN THE LAND:
    http://modmyi.com/content/8854-apple-s-iphone-5-deemed-fastest-smartphone-land.html
    2 pointless test. You can't even use that power of the iPhone with its limits. And who the heck drops their phones on purpose?

For all of you that live in the USA and have no problem with Apple Maps, I am very pleased for you.

As for everyone else, I believe Apple Maps will be a deciding factor in lots of people choosing an alternate OS on their next phone.

I'm sure iPhones will still sell well, but the farce that is Apple Maps will be the deciding factor for a lot of undecided people.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    For all of you that live in the USA and have no problem with Apple Maps, I am very pleased for you.

As for everyone else, I believe Apple Maps will be a deciding factor in lots of people choosing an alternate OS on their next phone.

I'm sure iPhones will still sell well, but the farce that is Apple Maps will be the deciding factor for a lot of undecided people.
    Do you not realize how quickly this maps app was thrown together? It was a last option for apple and unfortunately they had to do it. If half the people complaining about it each reported 1 issue, it would be the best maps app out there :P mark my words, Apple will not let this be another MobileMe and will be on top of it like a dog on a bone.

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    Do you not realize how quickly this maps app was thrown together? It was a last option for apple and unfortunately they had to do it. If half the people complaining about it each reported 1 issue, it would be the best maps app out there :P mark my words, Apple will not let this be another MobileMe and will be on top of it like a dog on a bone.
    Exactly why it makes the whole Apple Hardware and Software working together in harmony fall to pieces.
    It is not even beta, to call it alpha would be stretching it.

People do not want to pay a premium to have shoddy software.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

This was a bad call on Apple's part.... Too early to release for prime time... If this happened under Jobs' watch, heads would have already rolled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12