+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iPhone 5 Owners Report Light Leakage Issues

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The iPhone 5 has already been under the spotlight for scratch complaints and Wi-Fi connectivity issues but those aren't the only problems new iPhone 5 owners are seeing so far.
    Thanks

Default White iPhone 5 Owners Report Light Leakage Issues

The iPhone 5 has already been under the spotlight for scratch complaints and Wi-Fi connectivity issues but those aren't the only problems new iPhone 5 owners are seeing so far. Owners of the white iPhone 5 have taken to forums to complain about light leaking from the edges of their new iPhone. According to the folks at BGR, some white iPhone 5s have a light leakage issue, where light escapes between the device’s glass display and aluminum antenna.

At this point, it isn’t certain whether light leakage is a widespread defect or if it is only happening to a few individuals. Users can test for light leakage on their iPhone 5 by taking the device into a dark room. Once in the dark room, turn the screen on and scan the device for small areas of light escaping. If your iPhone 5 does suffer from light leakage, Apple has been said to replace your iPhone 5 for free.

Despite the issues that keep surfacing, iPhone 5 sales still remain strong as Apple has recently opened up personal pickup orders for the recently released iOS device. Have any of you white iPhone 5 owners noticed any light leakage on your device?

Source: BGR
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 09-25-2012 at 03:13 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    Thanked 8,055 Times in 1,695 Posts

You can put the Apple logo on anything and the sheep will buy it. I'm content with my ip4 and new iPad. Not bashing apple but two years from the 4 and this is it? Quality control is non existent or very sporadic at best. Instead of rushing every year to make more money they should relax and make something worthy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wow, that's pretty shoddy. Seems to me that apple really needs to step up its game, the features of its phones are really lagging behind. I was going to get an iphone 5 to replace my unlocked 4, but it's just so lackluster and doesn't have any features i would use (plus maps....). Maybe the iphone 6 will finally have new and innovative features that set it apart from the plethora of other phones on the market.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think this is hilarious. "If you take your phone in the dark u might see a little light." I would love it if my phone did this then I could bring it to apple in a few mo this after I scratch it and have an excuse for a new one! I can't wait to get my hands in a white 32gb!!!!!

Thanks

Maybe this is on purpose so you can see the power button in the dark lol... My white 32gb does not do this.

Thanks

Apple's response:

There is nothing wrong with the phone. It's definitely just being held wrong(antenna gate). You just have to hold it with your thumb over the light leak. Problem solved.

Apple fanboys feel stupid for even complaining.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I wonder if Android phones gets the same scrutiny as Apple products do. At some point you gotta start thinking to yourself that not every phone is 100% perfect in every aspect. I like Apple products but I know they ain't perfect.

Thanks

throw a case on it. get it replaced 11 months later and get a new phone just before warranty is up. win

9. The Following User Says Thank You to patoons For This Useful Post:

darwina (09-26-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,133 Times in 3,435 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1shuttle1 View Post
    Apple's response:

There is nothing wrong with the phone. It's definitely just being held wrong(antenna gate). You just have to hold it with your thumb over the light leak. Problem solved.

Lolz
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

Thanks

Apple's response:

This guy just has to go to an apple store, and they will swap it out in 15 min. They have the best customer service in the world for a reason. giving people **** based on people based on phone platform is for complete idiots. Are you an idiot?

/owner of a sg3, 4s, 5 and gnex.
    //You'll get over the iphone 5 being faster than the sg3 one day. I promise.
    My iPhone 4 Mod Flickr Stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54754025@N07/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JesseDegenerate View Post
    This guy just has to go to an apple store, and they will swap it out in 15 min. They have the best customer service in the world for a reason. giving people **** based on people based on phone platform is for complete idiots. Are you an idiot?

Am I an idiot?

It's just a joke based off the whole antenna problem. You do know what a joke is. Like when you were born and the doctor held you up for the first time and looked at your mom and said, is this some kind of a joke lady. See that's a joke. Stop taking things so personal. Life is too short. See your probably not that ugly and I'm not an idiot, so were even. Have a great day.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MgNate View Post
    I think this is hilarious. "If you take your phone in the dark u might see a little light." I would love it if my phone did this then I could bring it to apple in a few mo this after I scratch it and have an excuse for a new one! I can't wait to get my hands in a white 32gb!!!!!
    Well my does it!!! I have iphone 4 and iphone 5 they still have a leak light from the headphone jack, then all around the phone; really minior!!! But i dont see whats the problem of this friends. I dont

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arebee25 View Post
    I wonder if Android phones gets the same scrutiny as Apple products do. At some point you gotta start thinking to yourself that not every phone is 100% perfect in every aspect. I like Apple products but I know they ain't perfect.
    agreed. No one mentions how cheap plastic phones feel especially the fact that the cover can fall right off and expose the battery.. Or that it can scratch we easily

iPhone? More like MyPhone TechnoUniversity's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JesseDegenerate View Post

Faster my butt

iPhone? More like MyPhone back2thebeatof84's Avatar
    Thanks

Am I an idiot?

It's just a joke based off the whole antenna problem. You do know what a joke is. Like when you were born and the doctor held you up for the first time and looked at your mom and said, is this some kind of a joke lady. See that's a joke. Stop taking things so personal. Life is too short. See your probably not that ugly and I'm not an idiot, so were even. Have a great day.
    I just woke up and have to go back to work for the week, and this just made my day. Thank you for this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm coming from an IP4 and the difference in performance is massive. No light leakage from mine.

No light leakage from mine.
    Last edited by ScottyColorado; 09-25-2012 at 08:13 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arebee25 View Post
    No they do not, because no one gives a crap about android phones.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the87th View Post
    wow, that's pretty shoddy. Seems to me that apple really needs to step up its game, the features of its phones are really lagging behind. I was going to get an iphone 5 to replace my unlocked 4, but it's just so lackluster and doesn't have any features i would use (plus maps....). Maybe the iphone 6 will finally have new and innovative features that set it apart from the plethora of other phones on the market.
    i agree, its stupid, and its getting behind

Green Apple
    Thanks

All these minor complaints from a minority FFS get a life some people just will nit pick every effing thing....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aumz View Post
    All these minor complaints from a minority FFS get a life some people just will nit pick every effing thing....
    like I have said before I'm happy that I purchased the iPhone 5 mobile device, I have heard that many people are unhappy with their purchase of the iPhone 5 fashion accessory, because it may scratch, or leak light... lol!