Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iPhone 5 Owners Report Light Leakage Issues

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Product defect on Apple device......just take to store and swap and swap again and stop whining. No big deal!

Product defect on Android device.....forum spends the next 6 days and 18 pages discussing how crappy their craftsmanship is.

It truly is amazing how easily most people ignore minor issues with the iPhone and yet will be so quick to bring up any minor issue with the S3 and spill their guts over it. And this is supposed to be an "Apple-centric" site. Get real! Those of you that are so high up and ready to praise Apple for their new device need to stop telling people to stop whining if they find something wrong. They have a right to complain. Apple and you people as well spend so much time boasting about how much better their stuff is than everyone else's, so now you need to take the bad with the good. The iPhone 5 does have some minor issues. It's still a very nice phone.....but in the end it has its faults as well. Welcome to reality!

Quote Originally Posted by soldoutluck View Post
    @alanjf, no personal crusade, rather user znbl wants to overreact and blow a gasket whenever something is said, I was merely stating that it is not really productive to react in such a manner, which is the first quote you cited.
    I did not overreact. I merely posed two legitimate questions. You're the one who took it as some sort of attack, unless you really are just trolling here (the kind that takes a harmless post and turns it into a circus for their own amusement.) You make it difficult to tell for certain. You've yet to actually given any sort of actual response to me first post, of which you've already stated you had no interest in doing, so, imho, that makes your motives quite clear.

My only objective was to point out that your first post was rather aggressive for lack of a better term, and in order to recieve a more constructive responce that it may be a benefit to word things differently, I was and am in no way attempting to troll. I apologize if I have come off that way, that was not my intention what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by soldoutluck View Post
    My only objective was to point out that your first post was rather aggressive for lack of a better term, and in order to recieve a more constructive responce that it may be a benefit to word things differently, I was and am in no way attempting to troll. I apologize if I have come off that way, that was not my intention what so ever.
    Ok, fair enough. For the record, though, my first post was not meant as aggressive in any way. Due to the fact that it can sometimes be difficult for someone to correctly guess a tone in a text medium, I can understand that much, though I am not certain as to why you kept on going. Nevertheless, thank you for the apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Aumz View Post
    All these minor complaints from a minority FFS get a life some people just will nit pick every effing thing....
    EXACTLY!!! who cares about a little light leak

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arebee25 View Post
    I wonder if Android phones gets the same scrutiny as Apple products do. At some point you gotta start thinking to yourself that not every phone is 100% perfect in every aspect. I like Apple products but I know they ain't perfect.
    Android phones get called cheap and plasticky. but its iPhones that always break when dropped and the iPhone 5 is being shipped with scuffs, scratches, yellowish screens and light bleed.

Apple fan boys go on and on about "quality" yet this is what apple's flagship phone has become.

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    I work in the automotive industry and our goal is 1 ppm or 1 defective component per million produced so that's unacceptable to me.
    And what the actual defective rate???

iPhone? More like MyPhone SAVAGE5's Avatar
    Thanks

You either want it or you don't. Stick with the iPhone 4 if your happy with a jailbreak and slower speeds or get an iPhone 5, wait for a jailbreak, enjoy faster speeds and enjoy a larger screen. My iPhone 5 screen was broke out the box on launch day, went to apple the next day and got a brand new one. I'm happy.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptum View Post
    And what the actual defective rate???
    Far less than 1ppm in my area. I do stainless laser welding with incredible precise tolerances that must be held.

I work in the automotive industry and our goal is 1 ppm or 1 defective component per million produced so that's unacceptable to me.
    you do know it's a phone...not a car...right?

I have an Otter box on my white/silver IPHONE 5 but without it it looks great/sexy and works just fine

I agree with you hehe in 100%

Thanks
    Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,026 Posts

I wish mine had a light leak....
    Then I could get it swapped out for an unlocked ip5 for free!!!

BTW, the White ip5 is BEAUTIFUL!
    Wish I didn't have to put a case on it. Luckily, I'm just gonna use a bumper and screen protectors
    Last edited by thazsar; 09-26-2012 at 01:53 AM.

One of my friend also facing problems with new iPhone 5.
    mod edit/links removed

I'm sure 100% of every iPhones 5 made has this light leak near the top power button. Also 100% sure that this will not affect performance of the screen.

Go in your closet and test it yourself.

Far less than 1ppm in my area. I do stainless laser welding with incredible precise tolerances that must be held.
    Seriously, you can't compare a phone to a car, it's just wrong. A defective car may kill you, but a defective iPhone just pisses you off and go to Apple then get a replacement for FREE. Stop with this nonsense error ratio comparison.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 09-30-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    Seriously, you can't compare a phone to a car, it's just wrong. A defective car may kill you, but a defective iPhone just pisses you off
    Actually this is not actually true. There have been cases where iPhones (and other cellular phones) have overheated and even exploded and could have even caused a fire in the right conditions. Batteries, while normally benign, are something that tends to be taken for granted; if defective, they care be very dangerous.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123