+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iPhone 5 Owners Report Light Leakage Issues

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
One of my coworkers has another issue. At the seams in two of the four corners of his phone, he has a bit of blue. Presumably it's the film from
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

One of my coworkers has another issue. At the seams in two of the four corners of his phone, he has a bit of blue. Presumably it's the film from the glass...

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn I thought us white 5 owners were going to get away Scott free. Gotta check mine now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shanel1972 View Post
    No they do not, because no one gives a crap about android phones.
    And who made you spokesman for everyone else? I really can't believe the arrogance of some people here, to think you really know what's best for everyone and how everyone feels about something.

Quote Originally Posted by Aumz View Post
    All these minor complaints from a minority FFS get a life some people just will nit pick every effing thing....
    And how do you know it's a minority? Are we really supposed to believe that you're an authority on this matter? Please feel free to provide an actual citation if you're so sure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by znbl View Post
    And who made you spokesman for everyone else? I really can't believe the arrogance of some people here, to think you really know what's best for everyone and how everyone feels about something.

And how do you know it's a minority? Are we really supposed to believe that you're an authority on this matter? Please feel free to provide an actual citation if you're so sure.
    @znbl your newbsim is showing! everyone is entitled to an opinion, no need to get personally offended by every single one that you don't agree with lol

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,057 Times in 1,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soldoutluck View Post
    like I have said before I'm happy that I purchased the iPhone 5 mobile device, I have heard that many people are unhappy with their purchase of the iPhone 5 fashion accessory, because it may scratch, or leak light... lol!
    Scratched from the manufacturer is different than daily use. Light leaks are another issue that shouldn't be present for the premium cost and reputation of apple products. If your television leaked light or scratched every time you dusted it that would be ok because it was a television?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the87th View Post
    wow, that's pretty shoddy. Seems to me that apple really needs to step up its game, the features of its phones are really lagging behind. I was going to get an iphone 5 to replace my unlocked 4, but it's just so lackluster and doesn't have any features i would use (plus maps....). Maybe the iphone 6 will finally have new and innovative features that set it apart from the plethora of other phones on the market.
    You are an idiot.

"Seems Apple needs to step its game up"

5 million iP5's were sold within 3 days. And were only seeing a HAND-FULL of light leaks. Out of 5 million devices sold, theres bound to be some defective ones. I don't know why everyone is so surprised. I feel like what people seem to forget is that it's still technology. IT CAN BE DEFECTIVE. Just go into an Apple store and get it replaced.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    You can put the Apple logo on anything and the sheep will buy it. I'm content with my ip4 and new iPad. Not bashing apple but two years from the 4 and this is it? Quality control is non existent or very sporadic at best. Instead of rushing every year to make more money they should relax and make something worthy.
    I Totally agree.

Thanks

Scratched from the manufacturer is different than daily use. Light leaks are another issue that shouldn't be present for the premium cost and reputation of apple products. If your television leaked light or scratched every time you dusted it that would be ok because it was a television?
    Yup I have to honestly say that if their was a scratch on my T.V. every time I Dusted it... I couldn't care less as long as it doesn't affect the screen, which in the issue of the iPhone it does not. The picture and functionality is what matters. The only way I would possibly care about a light leak is if it affected dark room movie watching to the point of being horribly distracting. So in short my answer is yes, a T.V. is a T.V. not a piece of art that I look at to be flawless.

Scratches from the manufacturing process happen. To complain about something like that could be compared to complaining about the fact that you can see that excess glue hadn't been cleaned off of your new $200+ Air Jordans during the process of gluing the canvas of the shoe to the sole. I't happens all of the time, however no one notices or if they do... they don't complain and that my friend is a fashion accessory so how sad is that.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,057 Times in 1,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PandaJerk View Post
    You are an idiot.

5 million iP5's were sold within 3 days. And were only seeing a HAND-FULL of light leaks. Out of 5 million devices sold, theres bound to be some defective ones. I don't know why everyone is so surprised. I feel like what people seem to forget is that it's still technology. IT CAN BE DEFECTIVE. Just go into an Apple store and get it replaced.
    I work in the automotive industry and our goal is 1 ppm or 1 defective component per million produced so that's unacceptable to me.

Thanks

@znbl your newbsim is showing! everyone is entitled to an opinion, no need to get personally offended by every single one that you don't agree with lol
    I'm not offended, and I never said one shouldn't be able to state an opinion. OTOH, it seems you have no problem scolding me for mine, making you seems a bit hypocritical. Lastly, there's a big different between merely submitting an opinion, and acting as an authority when you're clearly not. I also challenged what was said, asking for a citation, none of which has been provided. So what exactly is the problem here?

Thanks

@znbl Im flattered that you think I was scolding you lol, I'ts funny to think that someone other than my kids thinks of me as a father figure, Thank you... You seem to have an issue with authority... lol, I'm not an authority figure and don't profess to be... but I must admit that i't is fun messing with people that are as easily upset as you. It's rather amusing to me that you seem to think that we are all claiming to be some sort of authority on news, apple, the iPhone, or anything in general. This is merely an open, public forum to express views, opinions, and whatever other fodder tends to come about. You are starting to sound like the imaginary thread "Nazis" that you seem to be trying so hard to combat! Maybe a nap is in order? Oh there I go again sounding like a father figure in a position of authority, I guess it just slips out... lol

Thanks

I work in the automotive industry and our goal is 1 ppm or 1 defective component per million produced so that's unacceptable to me.
    Consumer electronics have nowhere near that low a level of failure. It's just not possible with the technology where it is.

IIRC iPhones have approximately a 26% fail rate annualized over two years and 35% over three. Terrible compared to traditional machinery like car parts but it's what the global industry standards are for portable silicon technology.

With those failure statistics, I'd be astonished if Apple was able to get their QA failure rate as low as one per ten thousand new phones. Heck, I'd expect about one per two thousand.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
    I Totally agree.
    Should be every 2 years they release a phone but hey it's a company that wants to make money. They also know people will buy into it as well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PandaJerk View Post
    You are an idiot.

don't count on it...iPhone 6 will be a little faster and taller than the 5 only

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes a matter of fact I am an authority...I am DEFRA the indian god of defective products...lol....because if it was a majority it would be hitting the 9 o clock national news.....and not jut on geek forums

Thanks

@znbl Im flattered that you think I was scolding you lol, I'ts funny to think that someone other than my kids thinks of me as a father figure, Thank you... You seem to have an issue with authority...
    No, I just have an issue with arrogant people such as yourself who are clearly incapable of having a real intelligent discussion. You talk a lot yet so very little. You attempt to take the position that I have done something heinous when I merely challenged what someone was saying, asking for a citation. I never once attempt to suppress anyone's opinion, despite how you're attempting to spin this. So I ask once more, where are the citations? Or is your inability to do so an admission that I'm either correct or that you don't actually know?[/QUOTE]

Thanks

@znbl Im flattered that you think I was scolding you lol, I'ts funny to think that someone other than my kids thinks of me as a father figure, Thank you... You seem to have an issue with authority... lol, I'm not an authority figure and don't profess to be... but I must admit that i't is fun messing with people that are as easily upset as you. It's rather amusing to me that you seem to think that we are all claiming to be some sort of authority on news, apple, the iPhone, or anything in general. This is merely an open, public forum to express views, opinions, and whatever other fodder tends to come about. You are starting to sound like the imaginary thread "Nazis" that you seem to be trying so hard to combat! Maybe a nap is in order? Oh there I go again sounding like a father figure in a position of authority, I guess it just slips out... lol
    Ok here's the original quotation in question which you seem to have completely ignored despite having replied to it:
    Quote Originally Posted by shanel1972 View Post
    No they do not, because no one gives a crap about android phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Aumz View Post
    All these minor complaints from a minority FFS get a life some people just will nit pick every effing thing....
    Now please tell me what the hell your two replies above have to do with the original post your replied to? I almost though you misreplied until I read further. I happen to find what znbl said to be spot on; both excerpts that he quotes were making stupid insinuations, first that no one cares about android handsets, and the other claiming that it's only a minority who have the issues described in this thread, none of which provided anything to backup said claims. A challenge was issued, and instead of even attempting to address it, you decided to turn this into your own person crusade. Seriously, wtf?

Thanks

I believe you are asking the wrong person for a citation or reference to statistics!

I am not the one that you should be attempting to attack, rather than having an adult discussion with. I believe you where attempting to direct this childish rage towards another user, in regards to hard facts, numbers of devices, and people affected by a rediculouse issue. But clearly I have frustrated you beyond your capability to comprehend that you origionaly requested citation and references from the user by the name of Aumz

Thank you for your time.

And rage on! while I sit in my chair, spin in circles and laugh imagining you red in the face pounding out every little key on your board. lol

Thanks

I believe you are asking the wrong person for a citation or reference to statistics!
    If you don't have a real answer then why did you reply then?

I am not the one that you should be attempting to attack, rather than having an adult discussion with.
    Stop trying to pull a 180. You know full well you were the one who made a bogus reply which didn't answer anything and wasted everyone's time who read it. Stop pretending that you're some sort of victim here. You're not. You've made it abundantly clear that you have no real answer, so what else is one to think? Clearly you're just trolling, making nonsense replies full of spin and flame-bait.

Thanks

@alanjf, no personal crusade, rather user znbl wants to overreact and blow a gasket whenever something is said, I was merely stating that it is not really productive to react in such a manner, which is the first quote you cited. Then he attempted to attacked me.
    And I responded with my second response that you quoted as well. I was in no way trying to give support or validation of the comments that he thought where incorrect or invalid I merely pointed out that his aggression was uncalled for, as this is an open forum for discussion not a court room. I thank you for your input and would request that you read out the entire convo before making an attempt to resolve a stiuation as well.